Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Project: Kuntry Gurl

Senior Member test

Re: Project: Kuntry Gurl

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    Man I wish it wasn't so much to ship things over there - because there is an every 2 year inspection here that you can't have a rusty vehicle and pass - lots of cars get sold or parted because they crumble (because they LIQUID SALT the roads!!) I can find a 5.7 equipped Ram for like 500 bucks so easy but up there people want pretty nuts money for everything..

Even if the 5.7's are different from newer trucks, can't you just swap the sensors from yours over?

Either way, you should certainly be able to find something far more reasonable price wise - did you check TnT?

So road trip to see Kevin, buy truck and drive back...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS View Post
    They wouldn't give me a price or tell me if they have anything in stock over the phone, so, I'm not sure what their business approach is but, I don't get it cause they didn't make a sale the way they tried. I'm not going to drive across town only to find out its a billion dollars and they don't have any cause they kept trying to tell me to come in and they'll see what they can find.. And it's like.. I need a price, cause even if you guys find one and I can't afford it then we wasted everyone's time..

I'm waiting to hear back from Teen Challenge to see if I can go browse their donor vehicle lots for a truck with what I need, they're all sold AS-IS between $200 and $500 average price from what I've heard, but if I can find a whole truck with what I need I'll just buy that, plus its all donations for their cult so it goes to a good cause.

When I had my runaway they wouldnt answer even in person. They had zero information on the engine and didn't even know what was still connected. They kept asking "well what do you want to pay". Well. I want to pay nothing, but that's not going to be an option. 2 weeks later after repeated pop in's they still didn't look into the engine and continued to ask how much I wanted to pay. Tbay Auto pulled the car in during a snow storm and had it out end of day. Confirmed 100,000 km engine.

Inquiring on an 04 RAM 1500 Sport, 5.7 with like 200k/300k for $800-$1000, not 100% on all the details yet but with the entire truck that cheap, even if it's miled out, it runs better then what I have now, and I can make most of that back parting out the rest of the truck and scrap what I don't even up using.

It at least gives me a decent platform to rebuild if I can get the parts truck soon. Just waiting for a call back with the exact mileage and a final price all in.

did you ever find a parts truck or engine for this beast?
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

No, I still haven't found anything worth looking into, only place in town that has one is TB Auto and they want $1500 for it, that doesn't include tax or labour, they said they would only offer warranty if they installed it, and even if they did install THIS motor, they won't offer warranty anyway because the truck it's from had electrical damage so they don't know the mileage. Basically my truck is just going to sit on out on our property until I get rid of some of my cars and I'll use that money to source a rebuilt motor or lightly used motor from the states. They sell ones online with around 50,000 miles for around $2000 USD.

Given I'm at $15,000 into this truck now, and I found two identical models with the same options, mileage, everything, even long bed with leather interior, one for $18,000 and the other for $18,500, So I still have a budget of around $3000 for a new motor before it would have been cheaper to buy another truck, so, even after replacing the motor, I'll still be ahead.. financially, if I were to buy one that was good from the beginning. Even with all the issues, electrical problems, electrical fires, exhaust breaking, driveshaft breaking, needing tires, blowing shocks, almost rolling it, lift kit, all of this, it's still cheaper the way I did it then buying a truck that was in good mechanical condition from the get go.

Once I have an engine and it's installed, I just leave some info here about an 8" lift and 37's on 17x9 -62.8 offset?!? what? Who said that? I don't know, that was weird, truck is going bigger and even more useless? Who keeps saying these things.. not me, that's who, that's for sure.

EDIT:
    And for those who don't have me on Facebook, someone stole my 42" curved light bar so I need to buy another one of those still, and I sold my 35's
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 04-01-2016 at 02:48 PM.

if you do go with the 8" lift kit, i may be interested in buying the 5" lift off of you...(as long as i dont end up buying one first lol) let me know bud.
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

I hate thieves. Sad to hear someone stole your light bar.

It'll be awhile before the truck gets any attention, still have to finish the Jetta and I'll be selling it at the end of June, so the truck won't be until like mid July to early August before I start working on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS View Post
    still have to finish the Jetta and I'll be selling it at the end of June
    The Helios?! If so, why would you do that?!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Because I fucking hate the Jetta, I mean, it's cool, but it's super fun when a part breaks and you need to wait over a week to have the car driving again, it's the worst for a daily when parts are so hard to come by locally, not to mention there are none at the scrap yards for any parts so everything has been ordered from the dealer as they're the only place in town that can get me anything.

I found a few online fairly clean for around $4000 to $5000 USD so I'm going to aim for $5000 CAD this summer once mine is respectable (fix dent in rear door, dent under drivers tail light, and repaint the front lip) and try to get whatever I can for it, as long as I can get a new engine and tires for the truck I'll be content. I've already had quite a few people say "good luck getting that much" but when it comes down to it, that's how much they sell for in the VW community for a clean rust free shell.

EDIT:
    For example here's a pretty clean one with VR swap that sold for $4200 USD or here that needs a lot of work to get where mine is for $3500 USD, or here for this absolutely beat one for $2500 USD. Considering only 3 of the 1500 on the official registry have been imported to Canada, mine also has a matched wiring specific Rallye Golf gauge cluster in km/h I ordered directly from Germany and 1 of 400 FOHA body kits. I feel like $5000 isn't really too crazy seeing as most of the parts on my car can never be found again, just need to find the right person who wants to put up with a 27 year old and the struggle to find parts, probably wouldn't be as hard to find stuff in a larger city but for Thunder Bay this is an awful daily if you don't have patience or a secondary vehicle.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 04-06-2016 at 01:35 AM.

I know the struggle all too well, but at least there's a VW dealership in town, some of us aren't as lucky in that department

I'm just kind of sad to hear it's going since I've followed the build since the TBAEC days.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Yeah, but at least your car is nice, mine is just a Jetta lol

Mine is just a rusty 5 series that's loud

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE View Post
    if you do go with the 8" lift kit, i may be interested in buying the 5" lift off of you...(as long as i dont end up buying one first lol) let me know bud.
    I'm actually just adding on to the kit I have, It's currently 5" in the front, I'm adding a 3" shock tower spacer or a heavier 8" spring if I can find them for the right price, dual shock mount with longer shocks to adapt to the additional height and travel, if I find a heavier 8" spring I'll keep a single shock set up, I keep bottoming out which is why I'm after more dampening but a heavier spring might cure this, I'm fairly set on Bilstein shocks, still trying to find a part number for a compatible shock to work with an 8" lift, and then the rear is currently a 4" block, I'm just switching it out with a 6" block but again, depending on how the front sits with stiffer suspension, I might keep the 4" block and add a stiffer leaf pack with a 2" lift to give me the 6" I'm looking for, rear will be getting new Bilstein shocks for a 6" lift as well so the travel and height difference matches. Because I apparently like to jump my truck or let it slide down ruts on the fender/front bumper, so, I'm also going to be getting limiting straps to stop the shocks from over extending because I currently have a blown shock as a result of one of those mentioned events.

Basically in short, I'm just modding the lift that's already in it to have 3" more up front, 2" more in the rear, and a lot stiffer so it can handle larger impacts without reaching the bump stops, depending on the dimensions if I calculated everything correctly, after the modded lift is in, I'll be looking at 37's with a -88.2 off set or 38's with a 62.8 offset an and it shouldn't rub

Other future mods I'll be looking into will be longer control arms so I can move the front axle forward roughly 1.5-2" and then adjust the caster back to stock which "should" allow me to run a -88.2" offset with 38's, I still want to get an aluminium drive shaft made to a longer length as 6" is "the limit" of how much play the stock drive shaft will have to compensate for the height, and given the rear will be at 6", front will be at 8", that's somewhere around an estimated 7" lift angle and without the rear limiting straps, my drive shaft could fall out, so on the likely event I snap a limiting strap, I'm going to look into getting a longer aluminium drive shaft, the lighter drive shaft should also reduce drive train loss resulting in easier acceleration which in theory means better fuel economy for city driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubaru View Post
    I hate thieves. Sad to hear someone stole your light bar.
    Well the story behind it is the dude who stole the light bar posted a picture of some haggard ass truck on Instagram, someone commented about how the hood mounted one isn't centred and the kid responded "Mine isn't even installed" and then started bragging about how he has 40+ light bars. Big group chat got started about how we were all going to go get them back, someone called the cops to make an official retrieval so none of us could risk getting any trespassing charges, and as soon as the cops got involved, turns out the kids uncle is a cop and vouched for him saying that he's a good kid and we're all internet bullies or some shit about how he would never do anything like this and we're all out to get him because he's better off then us and can afford to have so many light bars we're just trying to steal.

The Thunder Bay Police got involved along with the OPP, they set up watch units around his house to make sure no one goes there, and basically the police just let this kid keep everyone's stolen light bars, mine wasn't the only one, there were TONS that got stolen right around the same time as mine and this kid has all of them.

Long long long story short, this kid took 40+ light bars, and the police protected him and let him keep all of them, all because we tried to get the police involved and do this right. Turns out the police only protect who they know, everyone else just gets fucked over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    Mine is just a rusty 5 series that's loud
    Yeah but it's cool, mine is just a Jetta with an engine they thought was cool but makes less power then generally any Honda Civic, it's hard as shit to get any parts, and the VW community creams their pants over because everything is blue, and the wheels are worth more then the entire car, I'm still going to finish it so there will be some updates to come, but once I have it all done to where I feel it's worth the price I'm asking, it's going up for sale, hopefully it's all done before Eurokracy so I can drive it down.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 04-08-2016 at 05:49 PM.

thats wicked on the lift of your truck, too bad about that moron kid who gets away with stealing ur light bar, people suck... i cant wait untill the ground dries up out here so i can start working on my truck,
    your truck kinda inspired me on the fender flares and lift so thats basically what im going for,
    i bought a complete front clip for a 2008 ram and am swapping that onto mine, then buying the same style fender flares you have, and the 5" lift with the 35's i already have, i just want to buy aftermarket wheels still, mine currently has the factory 17" aluminum 3500 series wheels on it. not sure i like them. i want a nice set of 17x10 wheels.

Okay, time for an update, life, stress, shit things going on, gave up all future aspersions for this truck, I'm buying new shocks for the 6" lift and going back with 35's, not doing anything cool, can't deal with things right meow.

Truck is back home, I got my new plates because asshole kids stole one of mine, I have a new engine and stage 2 Luk clutch installed by Central, the flywheel was send away to get machined and lightened, the front axle u-joints are done, front drive shaft u-joints are done, upper and lower ball joints, new spark plugs, new head gaskets, new tail lights, new mirror, factory stereo put back in, all fluids flushed, new manifold gaskets, new y pipe, so now it's on the road and drivable for the rest of winter.

Still to come are new control arms, or whatever witchcraft they're called for trucks, I'm replacing all four with longer ones so when I get 35's again, they won't hit the rear of the fender when turning. I'm ordering the upgraded steering linkage and steering box stabilizer. And in about a months time I'm doing the Borgson steering box upgrade with oversized stabilizer bearing, and the Borgson steering shaft upgrade as well.

Once the steering situation is back to acceptable I'll be replacing the rear window and looking into new tires and some Bilstein shocks for a 6" lift and calling it a day.

After that it's just going to be buttoning it up, rockers, cab corners, wheel wells, flares, light bar, retrofit, upgrade the stereo again, crap like that, but that stuff won't be until much much later if not until 2018 as the Integra will be getting most of my attention this spring/summer.

I'll post some pictures when I have some, but the truck is hurting, looks really bad right now with all the parts missing and sitting on some 31's stretched onto my Worx wheels.

It's a better drive to work than that fucking Pontiac Torrent, so, I'm not really complaining lol

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast