Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Project: Kuntry Gurl

Re: Project: Kuntry Gurl

I really couldn't see you driving a Torrent anyway, haha. Think of it this way, 37's are harder on steering components and more expensive rubber. Staying with 35's will save you money. Hopefully you have better luck with the truck this year, you're awesome Benjamin!

Looks like you have a pretty good list of things you've done so far and quite a bit more to come, but at least you have it running and driving. Good luck with the truck and all the other project cars this year! It's always nice to see updates on the forum.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

My wallet hurts..

I just bought the upgraded drag link and steering linkage, track bar, steering box stabilizer, and rear window, so the truck will be back to where it was, and then for asthetics I bought fender flares, light bar, a pillar gauge pod to mount the bulldog so I'm not flashing a tune and then tossing it back in my desk drawer until I have to change something, I can actually just leave it hardwired in the truck, and I also have all this extra data on my phone every month because I'm not streaming music anymore because I'm rocking the stock head unit, so, I bought an aftermarket one with the dash kit and wiring

Everything should be in on March 4th and I'll have progress photos

I also ordered new rockers and cab corners but I need to wait for the weather to lighten up before I can get those welded on.

EDIT:
    Oh, and I ordered longer control arms to try and push the front axle forward so 35's won't rub on the rear of the front fenders. However that in combination with some bumper trimming and I might be able to clear 37's so I won't be putting 37's off the table just yet until I take some clearance measurements once everything is installed.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 02-26-2017 at 11:37 AM.

nice, if you need a hand installing anything just send me a message...
    good to see the ram back up and running.
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

I got a cheap set of 37 inch Toyo's for 18 inch wheels good to see you're fixing it ip

Here's some pointless content.

Ordered a new dash kit with wiring adapter and radio adapter, only thing missing was the head unit I ordered online from Best Buy, thanks for telling me it was sold out after letting me place my order, oh wait, that's right, they didn't tell me it was out of stock and let me wait two weeks before I finally realized it was never shipped when I went to check tracking to see why it was taking so long. I'm reordering the same headunit off of Amazon now, ended up being the same price as the Open-box from BestBuy.

Longer control arms that came in, they're for a 3" lift and I have the control arm drop brackets with the 6" lift, so with these longer arms, it should push the axle forward enough that I can easily fit 35's with my offset, possibly even 37's, gotta do some measurements once they're installed.

I finally bought black filters for the eBay special intake I bought almost 2 years and haven't installed yet because the filters that it came with were blue, they put protective film over the chrome, which is being painted black, so like, yolo or something?

and lastly I got the pillar gauge pod with bullydog mount, for, obviously mounting the bullydog so I can have ricer shit or something.. I bought this so I can disable my DRL because Lakehead refused to put the ECU into US mode for which is what's been holding back my retrofit for so long because my DRL would be a highbeam projector until they're disabled. Internet said this tuner will disable DRL, it lied, it doesn't fucking do anything, it lets you choose fuel octane, whether you want to run 87 (eco mode), 89 (stock), 91 (performance), or 94 (high performance), and you can the rev limiter, and change the tire size so your speedometer is correct.. that's it.. $600 for this thing, I can change my timing for what octane I want to use, speedometer calibration, and red line.. useless pile of shit, I highly recommend against one of these, but like, I have it, and it makes a fuel economy gauge which is honestly all I'm going to be using it for at this point and recalibrating the speedometer for the 35/37's once that day comes.

I don't really have anything else cool to post, I got the rear window done at GoGlass, I ordered a 2005+ frameless rear window so it has a little bit of a cosmetic update over the original window, and as always they did a fucking mint job, even cleaned up the broken glass from the old smashed window, after the next few cheques I'll be getting a new windshield there as well. I have the drag link, steering linkage, and steering box stabilizer going in soon but the Moog polly track bar bushings didn't come in, the place I ordered it from off of Amazon sent me a balljoint so I gotta send that back and reorder from a different seller on Amazon.

That is all, nothing fancy, I guess I could take a picture of the updated rear window just for visual reference seeing as there aren't a whole lot of photo's comparing the two if anyone else was interested in seeing what the 2005+ frameless window looks like.

Once the front end stuff is done I'm going to be cleaning up all of the old oil that spilled out over everything when the rod saw the outside world, and depending what happens in terms of front end conversion stuff for what I can price out (fenders, hood, grille, bumper, headlights) I'll be painting everything on the underside/inside panels the same time I do the rockers and cab corners this summer. I also bought new fender flares, had to go with some off brand replicas of the bush whackers I had before, could afford another $400 for plastic that some asshole kids are just going to rip off the truck so I got them off the good ol eBay for like $100 CAD shipped.

EDIT:
    Oh, and the front plate bracket came in so that's back on where it needs to be, and the light bar isn't in yet so I'll be picking that up next week and I'm going to try my take at anodizing it black chrome, we'll see how that plays out once it comes in.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 03-05-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS View Post
    and lastly I got the pillar gauge pod with bullydog mount, for, obviously mounting the bullydog so I can have ricer shit or something.. I bought this so I can disable my DRL because Lakehead refused to put the ECU into US mode for which is what's been holding back my retrofit for so long because my DRL would be a highbeam projector until they're disabled
    I wouldn't worry about disabling the DRLs. When I retrofitted my dad's ram the DRLs weren't disabled and I never got flashed driving it around during the day. When I would drive towards it you would barely notice the light, you could just tell that the projectors were on but it wasn't blinding at all. You just have to make sure you turn on your lights at the right time before sunset.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

What? Explain? The way the lights work is when the truck is running, the high beams are on at half wattage, when you turn the lights on it switched to lowbeam, when you do highbeams it goes back to the highbeams but at full wattage, so with HIDs it would be powered by lowbeam all the time and the projector cutoff solenoid holding the cut off out of the way because whether it's DRL or highbeam, there's no wattage difference for the solenoid, the wattage doesn't play a factor for moving the cutoff out of the way so this would mean my DRL would be a full power projector highbeam which is insanely blinding, more so than running just HIDs in a reflector housing.

So the DRL needs to be disabled so the HID won't illuminate with the truck running until the lights are manually turned on. At least to my understanding that's how it works, the Mopar harness has some play in this but the DRL must be disabled for this to work or my DRL will literally be blinding people worse than drop in HIDs in stock housing.

I think you're overthinking this lol. I'm fully aware of the half wattage high beam as a DRL, all my BMWs had/have it and my dad's truck has it as well. All I know is the truck had DRLs and they weren't disabled, I put the projectors in, used the Mopar spec harness and everything worked fine and it never blinded me when I was driving towards. That's all I know. I know it's technically not the right way but it worked.

You suck
    Last edited by lyssmcgee; 03-11-2017 at 11:07 PM.

My light bar came in, I'm going to try using that duplicolor kit for chrome wheels to make black chrome as my attempt to make black chrome pods so the entire light bar is black, I'm also going to reseal it with black RTV so it's bulletproof from leaks, I don't want to have to do this stuff again, I'm still waiting for my tamper proof (one way) bolts to come in so once I have this on the truck it can't be removed without cutting it off

Quote Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS View Post
    My light bar came in, I'm going to try using that duplicolor kit for chrome wheels to make black chrome as my attempt to make black chrome pods so the entire light bar is black, I'm also going to reseal it with black RTV so it's bulletproof from leaks, I don't want to have to do this stuff again, I'm still waiting for my tamper proof (one way) bolts to come in so once I have this on the truck it can't be removed without cutting it off

You can test the anodized on the light bar in my garage if you want.

http://imgur.com/Edxhex4

http://imgur.com/rhUTOqk

Got to SINK them in a grill area like I do, but the safety hardware is a good idea as well, Saftey Torx is available at Fastenal in stainless.
    Twitch = Hafast_Tactics

Eddie @ The Power Centre Installations

OCOT: 14025146

Good to know I can get the hardware locally, thanks. I don't have the luxury of mounting it behind the bumper, the frame rails are too close to the bumper, the way I have it mounted, the brackets attach to the frame where the tow hooks would normally be on a diesel or 2005+ facelift, so it's bolted directly to the frame, not the bumper, but still sticks out far enough the bolts are accessable, which is why the security hardware is needed this time.

I picked up my poly track bar bushings and the new headunit from Rydens last night so the truck should be all done and 99% mechanically brand new by Thursday, the only originally existing parts left are the steering box and steering shaft, everything else bumper to bumper has been replaced brand new

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast