Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Kuntry Gurl

Re: Project: Ramathorn

Ordered some 315/70r17 Goodyear Duratrac's that were on sale. So stoked. Now I know that's a 34.4x12.4", and Internets says a 12.5" wide will rub on the control arm at full lock (but won't rub with a 1/4" wheel spacer and the truck can fit up to 1/2" without getting a lug adapter)

35" is the biggest that will fit within the front fenders without a lift, so these new tires should fit without mods and then 1/4" spacers later on so I can recover the most out of my 27 point turn vehicle

Now my extra tire monies can go towards front end parts to support these tires.

They only have three 285/70 (32.7") so that's 1.1" bigger then stock, that's easily within tread wear range but they only have three, so the 315/70 (34.4") is what we went with
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 11-15-2014 at 07:19 PM.

I sanded off all the rust from the chrome and painted the wheels and hub caps matte black, looking at it now I wish I did matte or satin gun metal instead.

Here's a teaser of the tires, this is one of the 285/75R18's they had in stock just to show me the tread. They had 4 in Dryden I was going to go pick up tomorrow but the employee didn't mark them as "on hold" so they actually don't have any.
    But they still honored the sale price and are ordering new ones to arrive this weekend.

I thought the lifter tick was a symptom of the MDS system - simply the sound that alternating oil flow to the lifters via loud solenoids makes. At least, that's how the reputation started.

Your doesn't have MDS of course....

I had the truck parked in our company parking lot yesterday, picked it up at night and drove it back home so I could work on it today and some idiot customer hit the truck three times, good thing this truck is already beat or I'd be pissed.

I even parked in a far corner spot and I guess someone in a white vehicle backed out and the front end hit my truck, and then they did it again two more times.. Idiot lol

They buff out so whatever, yolo.

Internet's said this stuff fixes the ticking on cold starts.. Its was like a magic trick, I can't even.. I started it this morning around 9am when it was still cold, ticking away and then just start pouring this stuff in while it ran and then it was just gone, like nothing happened.

There's a new tick now, its coming from lower down and not as loud as the upper one so I couldn't hear it before but I think its the manifold gaskets, they're known to be a "tick issue" in the 2012+ so it may apply to mine, just not under warranty.

Since I'm just playing the waiting game for new tires, I painted the side step matte black and the front bumper gloss black but when I left to get supplies, someone parked right up behind the truck and it got blocked in so I couldn't paint the rear bumper today.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 10-21-2014 at 10:23 PM.

I didn't get up to much today, tinted the fogs yellow, put the plastic parts back on the bumper and tossed the plate back on, nothing fancy.

When your headlights are done that front end is going to look totally different... I dig it so far though!

Painted the rear bumper gloss black and the exhaust tip matte black today, and I also caught a pretty sweet cold.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 10-28-2014 at 03:20 AM.

I bought a Rough Country 5" lift and Rough Country steering stabilizer because they were 10% off and only $250 more then the ReadyLift 3" kit but the Rough Country kit comes with control arm brackets, springs, and nitrogen shocks, pitman arm, etc. So for $250 more I couldn't say no.

I also ordered WORX 17x9 803 Beast wheels off TireRack, they were a closeout sale and were 10% off too.

The wheels and tires should be in by the 5th, and the lift kit and stabalizer kit were shipped yesterday so fingers crossed for everything to be in by next weekend.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 10-31-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Senior Member test

Is it even safetied?
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

U bought a lift and rims for a truck with temp plates.......hmmmmmm
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Please don't be that guy who has a lifted truck with HIDs in stock housings

2013 Argento FR-S

^what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Senior Member test

Quote Originally Posted by dorkage View Post
    Is it even safetied?
    There isn't even enough knife party to deal with this.

I've already said before, I'm waiting for the tires to come in before it can be safetied, and once the safety is done I'll be tossing on the lift kit and putting the TL away for the winter.

Also, I wouldn't be caught dead with HIDs in stock headlights.. Fucking gross.. Let's blind everyone else so I can look like a huge douche bag.. No thanks lol.

I already have a projector retrofit order in the works with Kevin, common guys, really? Lol

And yes, I bought wheels for a truck with temp plates, why would I get tires mounted on the stock wheels only to get them taken off after the safety to put back onto aftermarket wheels?
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 11-15-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast