Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Larry Larson's S-10

Larry Larson's S-10

I was just watching at that Hellanor video Marc posted and although cool, is actually fairly common sight at the larger drag strips down south. So i figured why not give credit to the real King of Street Cars, Larry Larson.

He has been the major player for years on the HotRod Drag Week, last year (2013) he was absent as he was unhappy with the rules and the composite cars that were coming into play in the Unlimited Class. The editors called him to see why he wasn't there, he answered there questions, he then asked them if the rules would remain the same. This year he showed up with his new weapon....

The debate about what is a street car rages on, but there is no denying that Larry drove 1000 plus miles in said car (truck) and ran 6.16 @ 219mph.... and he pulled the chute at 1000ft, cause it wasn't licensed for 5s. It is now, and he's aiming for 5s in at PSCA in Vegas on Nov 20-23 weekend.

Just though some of you may like to see this if you hadn't already. Oh yea check out all the Drag Week stuff, it is an amazing event, not just for the Big Guns.
    - BLOKE -

Re: Larry Larson's S-10

I do agree on the stupidity of the rules, I mean come on a fully fiberglass Camaro body on a tube chassis........ Should be steel body with some semblance of the original floor lol.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

I agree Cale. But the S10 has a steel cab and bed sides on it. He runs steel doors on the street, but switches to fiberglass for the track.
    - BLOKE -

They're so far from street the whole thing's moot. Real street cars have coffee stains and parking lot dings!

And real license plates and ownerships lol. They've left too much room for "interpritation" in the rules of a street car.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"