Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMSOIL updates

Re: AMSOIL updates

Just the shipping to them. I usually ship it from the post office when I head down to the border, costs a couple dollars.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Smart...I've been saying this for 2 years since I moved here but I should really get my passport lol

Just get one an enhanced driver's licence https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-r...rivers-licence

I'm surprised by how few people actually have one of these or even know about them.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I found night and day from mobil one what is what the dealer reccmends from valvaline i beleve i used once. Never again, found my lancer to love the mobile one and not the other so i havent tryed any other oil. What were you running the lancer before ?

How did u tell the difference? It's not like gran turismo where if u change oils it adds 50hp lol.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    For oil analysis I send my samples down to Blackstone Labs in Indiana, http://www.blackstone-labs.com
    Thanks for the link Nabs I was wondering where you send your samples to. I'll be doing this after next season for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Redline is a dextron oil, not a lot of cars support dextron base oils as they degrade differently then other oil bases, just like how many euro cars specify they need oil that says it's recommended for their vehicle because of how the engine and piston rings are made, depending on the oil, they can wear out prematurly as a result of this. The same thing goes with tranny fluid with syncros which will make your gears wear making them brittle and eventually breaking off, like in my TL, says no Dextron, so typically running straight Redline would be bad, so I have it mixed with 3 quarts of Honda DW-1, 3 of Honda Z1, and 3 of Redline D4 making it some kind of OEM+ semi-racing tranny fluid. I changed the filter, gaskets for everything I removed, and the 3rd and 4th gear pressure sensors and now it drives like a dream.

So I'm not bashing Dextron but Redline is known for it and people who don't read up on their engines and what dextron can do if improperly used end up complaining that their car broke after ignoring the fact that it says to never use dextron.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    How did u tell the difference? It's not like gran turismo where if u change oils it adds 50hp lol.
    I did not in anyway notice any power gains at all, just that the engine seems to be running a lot smoother. Less vibrations in the engine. But I think it's a combination of the quality of the oil and the fact that I went from 5W to 0W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12