Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Prelude Owners

Prelude Owners

If anyone on this forum owns a Honda Prelude, I believe the fourth generation, that is dark in colour ( I believe dark blue or black) and you have aftermarket tail lights, those lights are absolutely horrible. Not sure if it's defective or actually designed that way but you have one...again ONE...weak led bulb illuminating your tail light. I could hardly see it when I was driving up towards the vehicle and it gave me the illusion that you were far ahead from me until you hit the brakes with that one led getting slightly brighter and my headlights reflecting off the dark body. Please, get those replaced. You're probably going to end up getting rear ended. It was pretty dark but I believe there was some sort of aftermarket side skirt or lip kit on the vehicle.
    Last edited by MarcGSR; 03-23-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: moved from Body & Appearance to General

Re: Prelude Owners

I know of two, one of which blows flames at cars behind him at lights, total douche, all the lights on it are black.

And I know of another one, its pretty well stock, again its black, and he has tinted tail lights with that plasti-dip smoke spray.

Both tail lights are just as bad but I:m going to say you're probably refering to the fast and furious one with the body kit and black everything, cause the other one is owned by Jordan and he's a cool guy, couldn't see him having a body kit.

Yeah, again it was really dark so I couldn't see much of the body itself, but the bottom side skirts definitely looked ricer.

Something kind of like this

He wasn't speeding or anything like that, no complainants on the driving style, just the one LED light bulb the size of pin prick. At first I thought maybe he was hauling a homemade trailer or something but no lol just horrible tail lights.

Lol, that's totally what the black prelude that shoots flames at cars behind him looks like, minus the cleared for take off wing, headlights look the same too lol.

Well if anyone knows who he is, tell him to get that fixed ASAP. Huge traffic hazard.

And this is why we don't tinted tail lights in excess.

His may not be tinted, but it's the same issue.

If you see him again just call his plates in to the police.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Prelude Owners

I've always wondered, is there a specific number to call our just 911?
    Last edited by Nabs; 12-12-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

There's a non emergency number, I don't know what it is though.
    FUNCTION >FORM

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

I'll be able to shine a light on this...

So for O.P.P. - anywhere in NW Ontario, direct number for us is 807 683-4200. That's the non-emergency number for our comm centre. But if you suspect that someone is impaired, by all means call 911. Your cell phone will drop a fairly accurate gps location while you call so we'll have a better idea of where you are. Also, if you're travelling across Ontario the toll free number for the O.P.P. is 1-888-310-1122. So how that works is that it'll distinguish where you're calling from and it'll forward you to the right comm centre. But if you completely forget, you can just call 911. There's no penalty or consequence really for calling 911. So don't be scared to do so if you really think you have too.

Non emergency number for Thunder Bay City Police is 807 684-1200, but again, 911 if it's a serious matter.

Good info, thanks!

One other question, if you're on the expressway(s), Harbour or Thunder Bay, those considered O.P.P. areas, right? I've always thought anything on provincial highways was O.P.P. jurisdiction but I was never really 100% sure.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

So if u think someone is impaired while driving you call the police, on your cell phone, while driving, to get a GPS location.......hmmmmm. And if you stop you'll lose the impaired driver.
    Last edited by MiniD1CK5; 12-12-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    FUNCTION >FORM

That's what bluetooth headsets and built in bluetooth in cars is for... or speaker phone.

Actually the exception to the law with the whole hands-free thing is that you're allowed to use a handheld device to call 911. The best way to do it is to pull over, put your 4 ways on and call. But, if you're on a bad spot of road or weather is crap, don't put your life in danger by pulling over. An officer will not ticket you for calling 911.

Nabs: All public roads in Ontario are O.P.P. jurisdiction. Bottom line, O.P.P. will always have first priority to the Highway Traffic Act laws. But that being said, they won't set up in Thunder Bay city road and start doing radar on their "turf". Also, if there's a Thunder Bay City Police cruiser on the highway, he can pull you over and ticket you just the same. So basically, any officer can ticket you on the road, but O.P.P. tends to better equipped for HTA laws and have more knowledge than most city police services. Did that make sense?