Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: black 1999 civic sir build thread

Senior Member test

Re: black 1999 civic sir build thread

the 'chrips' may have been intended as positive advice, as in don't waste your time on a car rotten inside and out. It's ultimately your car, and I feel a lot of the members here are older (over 25) and seem to forget where they were car wise in their late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by minty_specv View Post
    ...im putting an lsvtec in
    You said LS1 wrong.

sorry i cant buy a perfect car like you.
    Hence why other people, who have been in your situation before, are trying to give you advice.

I was trying to say:

If the SiR chassis itself is not special - as in no extra rigidity, not better rear/front suspension than any other civic, if the drivetrain itself is literally the only thing special about that car, I'd find a nice - clean - stock shell, throw a B20Z block under that B16 head, and do the swap. The money you'll spend chasing parts to make this car perfect, or at least worth it again will be so stupidly high it wont be worth doing. Easier to pull the motor/trans/ecu out and drop it into another car. Part the shell and call it a day.

I had an Integra GSR that was very rare - and did just that. Parted it out. I had everything to do a B20Z/B17A/GSR trans swap - or try to tackle "restoring" my GSR but it was too far gone. Yours doesn't look like it's in incredible shape otherwise you'd post pictures of the front/rear/rockers etc..

Take my advice, or any other person on here's advice who has done EXACTLY what you're doing and maybe listen when they say take a step back and re-evaluate your options and be open to guidance, especially when it is being offered to you by far more life experienced individuals.

Dude... With the exceptions of the 98 Accord Coupe, Torneo Euro R, Mid 80s Aerodeck Accord, 1st Gen Accords and the NSX... I HATE Honda with a passion. Never had a single good experience in one. So believe me when I say fuck what other people think. At the end of the day, this particular model appears to be your dream car, and you got it. Whether you overpaid for it, or its beat to shit, or whether it's Barret Jackson material... All that matters is you own it, it's your car, and your happy.

A lot of guys on here used to be ragged on for their rides throughout the history of Thunder Bar Automotive forums. From the days of DMMR to this site to everything in between. It happens. Yeah there are complete fucking idiots on here that don't know there heads from there asses and put down others people's cars to feel better... But for the most part it's all in good fun. Most of the guys on here are very helpful.

I recommend talking to Logan. Not sure what his new screen name is. He's a great go to guy for Hondas.

Can't wait to see her done!

EDIT: Major Grammer Fuck Ups
    Last edited by xchox; 02-13-2015 at 09:14 PM.

1983 Skoda 120 LS
    1986 Skoda 120 GLS
    2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
    2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sport-Combi

Logg_frogg

I'm not hatin I just don't want to see him dump a pile of cash at a car that isn't a good starting point, we've all been there and it sucks. I also don't like being lied too.....
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    I also don't like being lied too.....
    I don't know this kid... But he could have been had. I used to tell people the hump on the hood of my Talon was for the turbo...

1983 Skoda 120 LS
    1986 Skoda 120 GLS
    2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
    2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sport-Combi

Senior Member test

If theres rust. Cut out, weld in new ,move on.
    If the motor has been bagged on rebuild it and move on.
    If trans is garbage rebuild it and move on.
    Don't worry what other people say . Fix your shit and you'll be proud that it's yours and you did it.

Hey man, I know you want the Si grille, I'll give it to you for free as long as you have the stock one. I'm just not in the mood to remove it in the cold so I'll probably do it in the spring time. Also, if you ever plan on scrapping the car (if you plan on parting the shell) let me know because I'll definitely want the stock suspension for the rear. The lowered rear and normal height front is kind of annoying lol

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    Hence why other people, who have been in your situation before, are trying to give you advice.

I was trying to say:

If the SiR chassis itself is not special - as in no extra rigidity, not better rear/front suspension than any other civic, if the drivetrain itself is literally the only thing special about that car, I'd find a nice - clean - stock shell, throw a B20Z block under that B16 head, and do the swap. The money you'll spend chasing parts to make this car perfect, or at least worth it again will be so stupidly high it wont be worth doing. Easier to pull the motor/trans/ecu out and drop it into another car. Part the shell and call it a day.

I had an Integra GSR that was very rare - and did just that. Parted it out. I had everything to do a B20Z/B17A/GSR trans swap - or try to tackle "restoring" my GSR but it was too far gone. Yours doesn't look like it's in incredible shape otherwise you'd post pictures of the front/rear/rockers etc..

Take my advice, or any other person on here's advice who has done EXACTLY what you're doing and maybe listen when they say take a step back and re-evaluate your options and be open to guidance, especially when it is being offered to you by far more life experienced individuals.
    dude U said its not worth it but it is to me. All the parts it needed are sitting in my room as we speak . I hate buying perfect Cuz there's no learning for me. Putting parts on once it's not finger breaking cold but it wasn't even a lot of money lol like 500$ In parts

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man yes I have a stock grill for you.and there are sleeves in the back so put sleeves in front instead and springs on back it will look sweet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU View Post
    Hey man, I know you want the Si grille, I'll give it to you for free as long as you have the stock one. I'm just not in the mood to remove it in the cold so I'll probably do it in the spring time. Also, if you ever plan on scrapping the car (if you plan on parting the shell) let me know because I'll definitely want the stock suspension for the rear. The lowered rear and normal height front is kind of annoying lol
    replied to you

- - - Updated - - -

Logg_frogg

I'm not hatin I just don't want to see him dump a pile of cash at a car that isn't a good starting point, we've all been there and it sucks. I also don't like being lied too.....
    Bro I'm not a liar I seriously didn't lie I straight up asked buddy and he said he didn't deliver with it :/ how was I supposed to know

vr6 is baeeee

Junior Member test

No, you said it wasn't driven in tbay...

Re: bought myself a real em1 1999 civic sir (black)

no it hasnt been a delivery car its never seen tbay streets yet
    Lied right there.
    FUNCTION >FORM

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

Senior Member test

Ahh no ......you lied? Geeze that's a pickle right there. You should have your license revoked. And tbmotoring.com will erase all your existence from the site.

Also you should have to pay double for gas from here on out.

Kidding i don't care.
    Good luck on your build

Re: bought myself a real em1 1999 civic sir (black)

Lied right there.
    no actutally during that time i posted about it not being driven in tbay its because i mis heard him that night when he said it hasnt been used in a couple years and so on. idk why u keep callin me a liar like....

vr6 is baeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Sentz View Post
    No, you said it wasn't driven in tbay...
    I wasn't the only one bud.
    FUNCTION >FORM

I wasn't the only one bud.
    okay man im js i knew obviously less than you about it... either way it screamed my name when i first laid eyes on it and thats what matters right?

vr6 is baeeee

Do you have other pics of the car? Like the whole car in the frame

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast