Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: How to Edit Your Posts (Web View or Tapatalk)

How to Edit Your Posts (Web View or Tapatalk)

Click here for the Tapatalk version

There is a very simple way of editing posts to correct spelling and grammar and also add in text that you thought of later, rather than using the double post feature. This is especially necessary for correcting spelling mistakes when using Tapatalk, as Tapatalk bypasses the double post feature and makes Marc mad...

First find the post where you made a spelling mistake or you simple wish to add more information.

Now that you have clicked "Edit Post" a box will appear where you can edit your text. If you've made a post before you should know how to use it. Insert or correct whatever text you want, you can even add in pictures or YouTube videos!

If you are adding additional information to the original post it is common courtesy, but not entirely necessary, to add "EDIT:" before just so that people can see what you added, especially if the post had already been quoted. This is not needed if you are simply correcting some spelling mistakes.

If you want to, once you've edited your post you can add in a reason for editing whatever was in your original post. Again, this is optional

Now that you're all done editing, move your mouse down and click on the "Save" button

VOILA! Your post has now been edited for everyone to see!
    Last edited by Nabs; 02-08-2015 at 03:47 AM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Re: How to Edit Your Posts (Web View or Tapatalk)

Good post, I feel like this was well needed.

Now for the Tapatalk version!

First find the post where you made a spelling mistake or you simple wish to add more information and click on it. The post will be highlighted and a little black bar will pop up with 4 options, click on "Edit"

Once you have clicked "Edit" you will be able to edit the existing text or add more.

If you are adding additional information to the original post it is common courtesy, but not entirely necessary, to add "EDIT:" before just so that people can see what you added, especially if the post had already been quoted. This is not needed if you are simply correcting some spelling mistakes.

Once you are done adding/removing/correcting your text click the "Save" button

A pop up will appear asking for your "Edit Reason", you can leave this blank and hit enter or type something then hit enter

VOILA! Your post has now been edited for everyone to see!
    Last edited by Nabs; 02-08-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

I'll post up the tapatalk version when I get back home tonight and I'm also working on a tutorial for attaching images. I also realized I double posted but it was for a good reason
    Last edited by Nabs; 02-07-2015 at 08:43 PM.

I think if you make a write up for BBCode in general, it would be easier lol

I could but I don't think anyone would really understand it unless they already knew how to use it. Plus there's already a BB code list and examples in the FAQ along with a bunch of other stuff but nobody checks that and there aren't any helpful (read: dumbed down) pictures. There's even a smilies list and their meanings here

EDIT: Tapatalk tutorial is now up, click here
    Last edited by Nabs; 02-08-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added tapatalk tutorial link

Great post! Sticky'd.