Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: What system would you prefer for overall points? (vote only if you Autoslalom!)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Street & Performance Classes w/ Raw Times

10 66.67%
  • PAX Index

5 33.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PAX Index for Autoslalom

Re: PAX Index for Autoslalom

Quote Originally Posted by Snidd View Post
    why would ppl be pissed off? just make an Extra overall PAX "class"? top 3 for street/top 3 from performance/top 3 PAX got trophies/awards(PAX awards only given out at the end of the season,not each race)... from what ive heard the top 3 street/performance drivers are always in the top 3 anyways, give the n00bs a shot at the PAX award.
    Because people with any sort of modification will be screwed, even your car with basic bolt-ons will be in a category that puts you at a major disadvantage. If a noob wants a shot at an award all they need is a light, nimble stock car like an s2000, miata or a slightly older 3 series or pretty much any older japanese coupe and they're good to go. Or they can just stick on r-comps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nav View Post
    Not true... With PAX the best DRIVER and NOT the car win. True, the choice of car does have an impact. For example, My 330i is in the same class as an M3 and my 330i doesn't have LSD, 100 extra hp, a wider track, and has skinnier tires... Really, it's not fair for me, but it's not going to stop me from racing. PAX does make it a drivers championship rather than a car championship. It's the reason it became the standard in judging auto slalom racing everywhere else in North America. I thought that a combination of the 2 tire classes and PAX system would work, since we still have a good number of cars in each group, but the championship would go to the best driver in the field.
    That would be true, if we actually had a proper lot, both in size and actual surface. As it's been seen multiple times last year, an M3 with even very slight mods has absolutely no advantage over your 330i in a place like dominion, even with super grippy tires. My car as well, with all it's modifications is still slower than your car, then again I could just be a really shitty driver, but I personally like to blame the fact that the courses are so tight that mods don't make any difference. It's simply the lighter, smaller cars that have a major advantage to begin with, then if you go with PAX they have an even bigger advantage. It's not like I'm after the trophy or anything but it makes no sense for me to bring my M3 out to any sort of auto slalom in town anymore because I can't actually use it to it's full potential, I'm better off bringing my practically stock Rabbit and I'd probably have more fun in that anyways. Like I've said before, I'm fully for the PAX index but only if we have a proper lot where the cars with more power and modifications would have an advantage to begin with, like it was at the auditorium, otherwise it will probably just make people with modified cars not want to come out anymore.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

Not true... With PAX the best DRIVER and NOT the car win. True, the choice of car does have an impact. For example, My 330i is in the same class as an M3 and my 330i doesn't have LSD, 100 extra hp, a wider track, and has skinnier tires... Really, it's not fair for me, but it's not going to stop me from racing. PAX does make it a drivers championship rather than a car championship. It's the reason it became the standard in judging auto slalom racing everywhere else in North America. I thought that a combination of the 2 tire classes and PAX system would work, since we still have a good number of cars in each group, but the championship would go to the best driver in the field.

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ent_6_2014.pdf
    This shows that it's not just a Miata championship!

Not true....your talking about people that autoslalom like its there day job.....I mean it is there day job. We're talking about pro autoslalomers. You should come to map you'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snidd View Post
    why would ppl be pissed off?
    That's easy to answer....picture this cale places 1st with the tread wear system but someone(ie like someone in a crappy Miata or s2k) beats him out if you look at the pax system. So Cale's pissed because he feels that he's been beat by a crappy car and the guy in the crappy car is pissed because he thinks he's been robbed because he's the worlds best driver because he's driving a car that has a bunch of advantage.
    Last edited by Curtis_conway; 03-24-2015 at 09:16 PM.

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ent_6_2014.pdf
    This shows that it's not just a Miata championship!
    Unfortunately, the lots that we use in Thunder Bay are too small to use. The straights aren't long enough for most cars to use their full potential (ie get into boost(nabs im looking at you lol) or build some decent speed before getting into the brakes). I can't remember who it is on the forum that has a Camaro SS with 420whp, but theres no way I should be running similar times to his car. I remember leaving the hospital after him, and he just walked away from me. I think if the courses were about 30 seconds longer, the times would reflect faster cars and faster drivers. This is coming from a guy who has auto slalomed once lol

2013 Argento FR-S

Quote Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
    Unfortunately, the lots that we use in Thunder Bay are too small to use. The straights aren't long enough for most cars to use their full potential (ie get into boost(nabs im looking at you lol)
    Did you even read my post?! That's pretty much exactly what I said lol
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    Did you even read my post?! That's pretty much exactly what I said lol
    Honestly... No. I haven't had my coffee yet lol

EDIT: Right.. Everything Nabs said
    Last edited by D_Thissen; 03-25-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: I read his post

2013 Argento FR-S

I think nabs should autoslalom at the map event.....I guarantee he'll be shit pumped badly once the pax system has its way with him....so even tho the a bigger lot would be more suited for nabs car I doubt he'd hang with the others.
    Last edited by Curtis_conway; 03-25-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Oh for sure, I don't doubt it. My car would be in the Street Modified category for sure, maybe even the Prepared category. And that's why I said I won't be bringing the M3 to auto slalom events anymore, it's not meant for it. If I wanted to be competitive in auto slalom I would have never turbo'd it but that's not what I want and I have more fun on the road course. It's way more fun to drive for 20 minutes straight at high speeds and brake every once in a while than it is to drive at low speeds while frantically throwing the car around tight corners and constantly braking. But that's just my opinion and well, you know me
    Last edited by Nabs; 03-25-2015 at 12:38 PM.

I didn't read all the comments, this might have been said.

Times are the best thing to use based on the number of people that come out and the competition level in my opinion. Its good we have at least the tread-wear categories that *generally* separate the faster ones from the more stock/lower HP class.

When I am driving my 160hp integra I'm not mad when a 300HP BMW or an S2000 destroys my time even if i am in the same tire class. I know what cars are comparable to mine and those are the times I look at and try to beat/compare.

My vote goes to sticking with times. Easier to compare your improvement over the day as well.

Its a trophy, not a $5000 cash prize.... yet --shifty eyes--
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Looks like we loved the pax system when you first brought it up.......fuck ya let's run with it Forrest!

The votes were split 50/50 until the last few days when a bunch of people voted that have never slalomed. Sit here and be bitter all you want or try something different and be a little more contructive. You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes.

Your being destructive with the inconsistency not constructive. Remember how the ice guys were treated this year?

Ps I never told anyone to vote against the pax.....man I'd have more respect for you if you had actually experienced it. You might of changed your mind.
    Last edited by Curtis_conway; 05-28-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345