Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: got my donor B16A and sir trans ,swapping time.

Re: got my donor B16A and sir trans ,swapping time.

awsome thx hafast, i will get to that pin tommorro, and there was no mount there. guess the last guy who did the swap left it out. my cx has 1 there I belive maybe I can use that 1.

A Canadian Tire electric impact gun is gold when taking apart car suspension/engine components. If you don't have access to an air impact gun.

Saves a lot of time, a lot of blood, and a lot of sore muscles.

Pick one up, I promise you wont regret it.

And if you were actually missing that complete mount. I have spares if you are ever in thunder bay.
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

thx Tremblay, I do have air and electric, ur right on that for sure, torches also help but I dont own those. Once I finish pulling this 1 out,(hopefully by monday night), I will be pulling out the D16y8 engine and auto trans in my cx, I will look to see if I have that mount 99percent sure I do ,but will it fit on a B trans? thank you for the kind offer, I may need it.plus I hope to swap the cx engine and trans back into the donar car, motor was fully rebuilt 5years ago, bearings,pistons,rings,board out, belt, pump, plus head redone by Rand R in tbay.. hope to sell the donar car for about 2grand.

Senior Member test

Pull back the foreskin on that shift linkage and fuck the punch because you probably don't have one anyways. Sacrifice your worst #2 Philips screwdriver.. Works way better
    ---
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 PSD, 315 75 duratracs, Muffler delete, 6637 intake, bilstein 5100s, f-350 x codes front, homemade lift shackles, 4in block rear

lol, i do have a set of punches, but I will heed your advice.

- - - Updated - - -

back at it this morning,,,,its punch and balljoint, pinch bolt and trans stabilizer time,,,

- - - Updated - - -

for the front left axle, do I just remove the bolts holding the intermediate axle shaft to the engine, then pop out the axle from diff? after all the balljoint,pinchbolt and fork of course. It looks like I have to take it all off to remove the axle from diff.

- - - Updated - - -

ya just took the mount off, much easier...

- - - Updated - - -

axles out,,and ready to pull..

- - - Updated - - -

and yess...... got my cluster going in to my cx right now,,,lol. early i know, but to excited to wait.

Senior Member test

Yes the drivers axle is a two piece design the axle and intermediate slide together
    ---
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 PSD, 315 75 duratracs, Muffler delete, 6637 intake, bilstein 5100s, f-350 x codes front, homemade lift shackles, 4in block rear

and she is out,,yahoo.

- - - Updated - - -

next inline to be removed and replaced.....

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know which axles I should be using? the 00 sir? or the cx ?

- - - Updated - - -

also, ive been reading I cannot use the ecu from the 00 sir bc the plugs at the ecu will be different than mine in the 96 cx, so I have to either buy a obd2a-obd2b jumper harness, thou I do have a chipped p28 obd 1 ecu here but I think its been programed for a y8, anything I could do with that?

- - - Updated - - -

anyone have a chipped p28 for this engine or a ecu that will work?

SIR Axles

Get a Ostrich 2.0 and Burn2 from Moates.net and burn your own tune if you have a chipped ecu already, Id use that Then Crome.... or Neptune.

http://www.tunewithcrome.com/
    http://www.moates.net
    http://www.pgmfi.org

You would need a obd1 to obd2a jumper harness regardless.

Why not swap harnesses? More manual work but saves money.
    Last edited by hafast; 04-06-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Twitch = Hafast_Tactics

Eddie @ The Power Centre Installations

OCOT: 14025146

thx hafast, i will look into that ob1 chip burning, are the chips in the ecu rewritable?or requires putting in a new chip?
    I do have a jumper already.
    I dont think i want to play around with the harness to much, i was told the 00 harness would be a headacke? not sure why? maybe bc its a obd2b? also read the interior harness is not compatable, or did you just mean change engine and trans part of the harness?are they seperatable? Missed spelled that.lol.

- - - Updated - - -

another step closer... the 2 plugs I had to undue...1 for starting the car and 2...? ill look at wiring diagrams.

- - - Updated - - -

and....

Senior Member test

Why would he swap harnesses he has a plug and play setup.
    You shouldn't need a jumper harness as far as I know, but do some more reading
    Don't bother with any kind of engine management unless you have some worthwhile mods.. And forget the crome and Neptune or whatever the fuck else and go hondata
    ---

Yeah stay away from chrome and the others they're outdated tech, no body burn proms anymore that's so 1999. Run only hondata s300 and only if you do mods that warrant it, a header and an intake won't require a tune so you'll be fine on the stock ECU.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

In my opinion, you should read the differences between NepTune and Hondata S300 which are very few, Other than price, They are right though a tune will not do much if there is nothing additional changed on that b16, In time when you mod more a tune will benifit you, I just gave advice as to what to do with that p28 its your choice if you wish to use that advice.

Never listen to the naysayers.

Please don't jack his thread with a Tuning battle, I have used 3 Programs I know what Prefer and my opinion is my own.
    Twitch = Hafast_Tactics

ok well for know since thats preett much all i have in mods, ,intake ,header, exaust,, I will see if the 00 sir ecu will work with my 96 harness. i thought it wouldnt bc of the obd2a and 2b stuff?

I used my P28 for on my 93 Honda Civic was launch control, no lift shifting, it had an option for traction control,and changing VTEC engagement points. Although none of that benefits performance it is kind of cool to have it.

I mean now there's plans on the Internet you can make your own launch control if you wanted that sort of thing you could buy a BEE'R box from Japan and a basically it's already made for you.
    Twitch = Hafast_Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by hafast View Post
    I used my P28 for on my 93 Honda Civic was launch control, no lift shifting, it had an option for traction control,and changing VTEC engagement points. Although none of that benefits performance it is kind of cool to have it.

I mean now there's plans on the Internet you can make your own launch control if you wanted that sort of thing you could buy a BEE'R box from Japan and a basically it's already made for you.
    what is no lift shifting? I have done some reading about the stuff you can do and launch control is pretty cool. A beer box? lol. is that what its called?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast