Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ferd's Arctic Silver Metallic 740iL

Re: Ferd's Arctic Silver Metallic 740iL

Yeah you're banking on exclusivity in a town full of ford's and dodges. It will be some young kid that buys this and you'll have to change your phone number when something breaks
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

What kid wants a 7 series limo? They want civics

Senior Member test

Any updates? On the ol long wheel base

Senior Member test

Gas tank exploded

A gas tank that is now being rebuilt. Yes, that's right. Rebuilt. Sumbitch ballooned out to twice its orignal size, cut it down the seam and now myself and some very talented individuals are pounding it back to original shape, tacking the seams, then brazing the seams. She won't be pretty, but she'll work until I feel like getting another tank. Which isn't cheap by the way. I'm also on the fence about selling it because now I've found some inspiration to make it one of a kind...
    1997 BMW 740iL Arctic Silver Metallic, Decatted - "Silver Bullet"
    SHE AIN'T PRETTY, BUT SHE'S FAST. (FOR A STREET CAR ANYWAY).

So I've still gotta put some pics up, but again, too fucking lazy. Gotta figure out a more streamlined way to get them to imgur and then get them on here. Whatever. Anyway, as many of you know, my car is indeed alive, and louder than ever. The factory mufflers were starting to fall apart both inside and out, so with a CherryBomb muffler from a '92 Chevy halfton and a matching one from Minute Muffler, a different, more angry tone was created. But I love it I do! Also, my rims got a fresh coat of Nissan Steel Grey Metallic paint, to cover up the shitty silver and torch damage, because plastidip peels yo. I think it gives the car a bit more flair, along with the red painted calipers (clever eh). The fuel tank doesn't exactly fit the same as it did before, but I don't exactly mind, as it's probably now somewhere along the lines of an 88 litre tank, up from 82.5 litres (see, there's a positive in everything, even if you almost get seriously injured). Still gotta figure out the damned whining noise though. I think it is the plastic fittings that got shoved in the evap hoses to keep the hoses from getting pinched, or maybe it is the fuel pump. Fuck it, I'm getting another fuel pump anyway. Payday is coming up, so I figure I'll restore some civility to the car and put some door handles back in. Probably the next big thing I'll be doing is my front struts and deleting the self-levelling system, because I'm not paying $700 a shock, especially now that they are starting to weep. Shit. Hopefully when I go to Winnipeg in a few weeks I'll be able to retrieve the E38 that is sitting in the yard at Bucks and retrofit some goodies into mine.

I have a vision for this machine, and it is now starting to take shape. Maybe it's a good idea not to sell just yet...
    1997 BMW 740iL Arctic Silver Metallic, Decatted - "Silver Bullet"
    SHE AIN'T PRETTY, BUT SHE'S FAST. (FOR A STREET CAR ANYWAY).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567