Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rip spec v😔

Re: Rip spec v😔

Your premium will still go up whether the accident was your fault or not if a claim was made.
    If I were you, I would buy it back, get a door and fender from the scrap yard, and I don't know who the hell said $4700 in damage but my TL had $8900 in damage and It had the drivers door, drivers fender, windshield, hood, bumper, and passenger fender replaced and painted.. So whoever quoted you that much is absolutely insane!
    I don't see how a car that was about half the retail price as the TL with 1/4 the work needed is more then 1/2 the price to fix.
    Time for some body shop rules here, if it's older then 3 years or more then 100,000km, Bodyshops don't have to use OEM parts, that means your quote was for aftermarket parts. Which means that $4700 is for an aftermarket door and aftermarket fender, I don't know about you but if a Sentra is made using $2350 doors and fenders, the sticker price might be a little more lol.

Go to a scrap yard, see how much a fender and door would be, then go to a body shop and ask how much to paint those parts off the car, then assemble at home, if you prep it for paint by taking off the seals, panels, window, etc, your only saving costs on labor at the body shop so do as much as you can.

Its easily $1500 to $2000 to fix that from start to finish at a body shop, depending whether or not scrap yards can find the parts in your colour it could be even cheaper.

Save it man, its worth saving, its a nice clean car.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 04-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    2008 Pontiac Torrent, 2006 Hyosung GV250, 2005 Honda Civic Si, 2003 Volkswagen Passat, 2003 Ford Focus, 2003 Dodge RAM 2500, 1999 Honda CR-V, 1992 Acura Integra, 1992 Honda Accord, 1989 Volkswagen Jetta GLI, 1989 Kawasaki EX500

Last edited by D_Thissen; 04-09-2015 at 05:12 PM.

2013 Argento FR-S

Can you get the door open?

Senior Member test

Or just buy a silver door and fender. Done.

Not at fault isn't suppose to impact your insurance
    Last edited by Clutched?; 04-09-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Junior Member test

I dunno but when my Sentra got hit on the back door, it was quoted at 1800. This hurts to even see....

Just because you put a claim in doesn't mean your rates go up. It's all circumstantial. If she took blame and you had that on paper, basically her insurance is paying for everything so his insurance shouldn't really be spending a cent. Mind you, that's how it works if you were on a public road. Maybe it's different for private properties.

The structure where the door attaches to the pillar is pushed in. it would be salvage title if you bought back and fixed yourself so not worth it. Buy something else...take your time buying. If you need help finding a car let me know I work for Badanai Motors and can find anything you want used.

Finally someone else who knows what they are talking about agrees with me, lol.
    Neema

9.75 @ 143.41 MPH

923 hp 735 ft/lbs

In-Car Video Link

Well its obvious, look at the door...its pushed back at least 12"...are these people blind on here??? the door is bolted to the frame...they think that frame didn't cave in? that's structural damage...add 1500 bucks to the cost of your repair and than you have a car that has a salvage title which is worth 50% less to sell and you can't ever get collision coverage on it again. For a Nissan Sentra...not worth it. You can take that money and buy something nicer.

Lol performance sedan

Member test

Get a pay out and keep the car do the work your self. I did when mine was written off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12