Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guy - 05 Grand Prix

Re: Any Grand Prix modders here?

Will definitely look into that, thanks

If you wanna meet up im off the next 2 days so hit me up and pick a spot. We can chat and u can take a look at my setup. Its not running as good as it should as the tune is a bit conservative and I have a egr leak but the tuner box is on the way and im going to delete the egr.
    / S1X Cam / 3.4 Pulley / Overkill Tune / Custom HAI / SD Headers / Dynomax Turbo 300 Catback - Cat / 105 Crow Valve Springs - with Retainers / Comp Cam pushrods / Ported Heads / LS7 Lifters /

Absolutely! I'll PM you, maybe tomorrow?

Yah for sure. If you're good with it send me your cell and ill txt u
    / S1X Cam / 3.4 Pulley / Overkill Tune / Custom HAI / SD Headers / Dynomax Turbo 300 Catback - Cat / 105 Crow Valve Springs - with Retainers / Comp Cam pushrods / Ported Heads / LS7 Lifters /

Re: New Guy - 05 Grand Prix

Pretty much 100% different cars lol

Post some pics of your ride - and welcome to the forum!

Yah the g8 is aND gtto`s are monsters if you get the right one. 6.0 v8 lol compared to a 3.8.

Welcome...Have anything in mind for your car in the future?

Yes I have ordered a shift kit and fuel pump rewire kit and a DHP tuner box. After that im going to drop a pulley size or two and possibly put a intercooler on it and that's probably as far as ill go. Maybe a performance trans when I blow the stocker.

Hitting the Dyno

Im going to see Ed tomorrow because I don't think my tune is set up right. I need a baseline of what the car is running @. I have a AVT box on the way and HPtunr software to fix the current tune. On the low side I should be @ 260 to the wheels and at the high end 280. Any advice from anyone that's used Ed before?

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

Re: Hitting the Dyno

The biggest problem you'll have is getting a proper o2 reading. So on the off chance you have an extra oxygen sensor hole then talk him into using it for his gauge....

Yes I have 2 extra bungs but I rtv'd the shit outta them. I don't plan on him tuning it at all though. I deleted the downstream one from the ECU so its an empty bung and I moved my upstream to the crossover so I have a bung on the downpipe of the rear header. From the scans ive done im running pretty rich my LFTF's under WOT are anywhere from -7 to -3 at the lowest
    Last edited by Xorbex; 04-24-2015 at 08:12 PM.

.....you mean ltft? And that doesn't make sense because it will be in open loop at WOT and there will not be any fuel trimming. Run his gauge...at least you'll have the o2 reading on paper

Yah I meant long term fuel trim. Those are the readings im getting. Scanned another grand prix today and he was getting 0 at WOT. Ill get him to put it in and see what im getting. I do have scans.... here take a peek... https://copy.com/DHyXIP1ZmxDggkoH

Are you seeing 100% throttle position?

I haven't scanned for that but ill add it to the scan and go for a rip tonight.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast