Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guy - 05 Grand Prix

Any Grand Prix modders here?

I recently modded an 05 Grand prix and was wondering if anyone else in town has done work to theirs? Im expecting 270-300 WHP and should have a bit more than that with the mods im going with next.

Re: Any Grand Prix modders here?

What mods have you done to be expecting 300whp?
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

New Guy - 05 Grand Prix

Hey guys. Been wanting to mod my S/C grand prix for a long time now and finally did it this past week with decent results. Hoping to meet some ppl and maybe even some 3800 fans. I know it's not the ideal platform to mod but these cars do have some potential.

Oh and T-Bone if your still on here shoot me a PM. You know me.

S1x Cam, headers, catback - cat, 3.4 pulley, 105 springs and retainers, tune. Im going to drop pulleys again but I need to get injectors first so I don't run static. I also said 270-300. Shouldn't be that far off actually.

HP is easy. Just takes $$ . Sounds like A fun project tho. I've always liked the Grand prix.

Yah it's a bit of fun, I know im going to need a new tranny @ some point but ill work on that when I get to it. I also forgot to mention I have ported heads.
    / S1X Cam / 3.4 Pulley / Overkill Tune / Custom HAI / SD Headers / Dynomax Turbo 300 Catback - Cat / 105 Crow Valve Springs - with Retainers / Comp Cam pushrods / Ported Heads / LS7 Lifters /

Take it down to proving grounds this summer.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Unfortunately im working that weekend but I would love to and will try to get the sunday off. Im expecting high 13's but the setup should be capable of low 13's according to the research ive done.
    / S1X Cam / 3.4 Pulley / Overkill Tune / Custom HAI / SD Headers / Dynomax Turbo 300 Catback - Cat / 105 Crow Valve Springs - with Retainers / Comp Cam pushrods / Ported Heads / LS7 Lifters /

I've got an 06 Grand Prix, just recently did a few things to it, like to see your car in person because I was planning on similar mods as well. From what I've read on similar setups, you're probably pretty close with that hp range. I've never asked but glad to hear about another Grand Prix owner! Haha

Mines not in the greatest cosmetic shape anymore but you're more than welcome to take a look and I can give you some tips/advice. Also check out www.grandprixforums.net very good group of educated guys on the 3800 platform.

Re: New Guy - 05 Grand Prix

Welcome! i dont know much about the grand prix's at all..but if i digg the newer GTO and G8s...are they closely based off each other?

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

^ Thanks! I have been to that forum and learned a lot from it. Got most of my parts from ZZPerformance and they've helped out a lot for tips and what not, they focus on the 3800 series and ecotec motors. If you haven't checked them out, also Intense Racing has parts as well. Definitely would like to pick your brain on mods and learn some more.

I won't be ordering from zzp again unless I cant get the parts elsewhere. Their 1.9 modified rockers killed my pushrods as they don't work on most l32's and they don't mention that on their site. I ordered the cam and stuff from intense.

Thanks for the info! I just have basic mods on the car right now, haven't done any internal mods yet. Intense has Yella Terra rockers I've read are the better choice

don't bother with rockers. a cam is cheaper and better gains. rockers will only give u higher rpm gains... basically 4500rpm and up. When I had the rockers in I felt a difference but nothing compared to a cam. cam was $325 and YT are like $425. With a new timing chain and dampener and gaskets your looking at just a bit over $500 for a way better install. If you can afford it GO CAM lol.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast