Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intake and Exhaust Valve clearance adustments

Re: Intake and Exhaust Valve clearance adustments

I would suggest checking a forum specific to your car to see what the people there say/do. The idea is the same with all cars but every car has it's quirks and the people on those forums will probably know the procedure for your car.

Most modern cars also don't really need it unless there's a ticking noise or they are high performance engines with solid lifters, S2000s or older M3s for example
    Last edited by Nabs; 05-07-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I've tried but it's all evo's. the 4b11T. But they're different cams and different everything internally lol so I can't use that but it did give me some sort of idea. Curtis I do want to do it I've just never done it or seen it or even heard of it until glancing at my owner's manual. Checked online, heard good and horror stories. Just looking for input is all. If you or someone else could show me just once how to do it properly I'd gladly do it myself and not worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_conway View Post
    For the love of the sport take the half hour out of your life and go do it.
    I know the internet isn't always right but people with civic and evo's are saying it took them about 6 hours their first time, and then having to re do it because certain ones weren't tightened properly. If it was honestly half an hour that would be awesome.

Took me 10 minutes to do mine... All my valves were within spec
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Ok, good to know thanks!

Chances are they won't all be out so it shouldn't be too long. In my case every single one was way too tight because the machine shop didn't know my head has solid lifters and didn't shave the valve stems so all my clearances were crazy. Hence why it took me like 5 hours of fiddling taking cams in and out to get mine to minimum spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12