Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sortaflush?? 2.slow "build"

Member test

Re: Sortaflush?? 2.slow "build"

So I put the new sensor in and the code still came back. Next thing according to the Internets is the thermostat so that'll be next on the list

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You're fixing your car wrong, you just need more stance, who cares if it runs and drives?

Member test

Stop giving me ideas ben

#stancenation #hellaflush #swag

Member test

Logan is that you?

..stop that
    Post pictures of your winter wheels and mudflap clearance

Member test

After work you donkey

Member test

So I painted my steelies orange and yellow for maximum rice and put my mudflaps on the other day. They're made by rokblox, basically rally armor style but a harder plastic that doesn't flap around all the time. As I'm considerably lower than last winter I have a solid half inch from the front flaps to the ground. Which means I basically scrape everywhere, ben loves it lol
    I also lost the lens to my fender marker so I replaced that as well

And now winter mode is finally complete

"Your flaps are showing"

Member test

My new headlights came in. Nokya super yellows. 30 bucks for 2 pairs off eBay, I couldn't say no

Member test

So I got sick of my car making me deaf from no cat so I decided to buy a whole new downpipe. Got it off eBay for 150 bucks with shipping to my door. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, considering that a new one was 1000 off ecs and even more at the dealer. Turns out I was wrong
    full stainless and the welds looked pretty good for the price.
    Fitment was perfect and now the car isn't rice anymore and I can have a conversation on the highway lol. Hopefully my engine light doesn't come back on, might need to change the thermostat and rad flush eventually
    That's it for now, gonna save up some money over the winter so I can buy more goodies come spring

Senior Member test

THOZ Crush Bends.

I'm glad your car is quieter. It was quite loud sitting in the back of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Member test

Went to one of the local scrap yards to look for a valence for a buddy and found a neuspeed intake. Knowing I wouldn't actually buy one brand new I got it for a steal of a price. Also got a new engine cover grommet cause I lost mine, as well as a new hood pull with the pin and clip cause mine broke off and I had a piece of wire instead lol
    While taking the intake off I took a look at the screen thingy for the intake tube by the headlight and I saw this
    Completely clogged, so that was a lovely little surprise

Member test

Working out the little things (mainly engine lights)
    P0420 - gone for good, cured my misfire in the cold for some reason
    P2181 - changed the sensor, still came back. Changed the thermostat + new coolant and it's also gone, and my car blows a ton of heat, more than when I got the car. It's kinda nice having a functioning thermostat for once lol<br />
    P2178 - The intake I got had a MAF on it for an AEG engine code, also the SAI hose was blocked off, must've deleted it or something. As I have a BEV I put the right one back on the car (after cleaning it) and unblocked the SAI hose. Also did a throttle body alignment. So far so good. No more engine lights!! *knock on wood*
    Also swapped out the e3 plugs for OEM NGK ones, and put the stock shift knob on the non-ripped boot. I hated how cheap and flimsy the fake woodgrain one felt.
    Car now drives with no issues whatsoever, even back to regular fuel economy, 32 city and high 30's/low 40's highway. Best I got was 41 on a whole tank driving to Winnipeg.
    And I put LED interior lights in, way brighter than the factory ones.
    Don't know what else I'm gonna do, planning on getting an a3 next year so I'm just trying to save money up for that

Member test

Time for a mini update

Got tired of hearing the axle rubbing on the swaybar, so I removed it. Also fixed the exhaust leak for good, and put new clips for the heatshield on so it won't fall off anymore. The car's been holding up pretty good so far, but I can feel some vibrations coming from the axle, which I may replace in the spring as I'd like to take the car to Eurokracy this year.

Got a skidplate for the car, was surprised as to how heavy it is, but I can deal with the extra weight knowing I have all the protection I need under my car.

Me and Ben swapped headlights, as our cars take the same H7 bulb. Now I can see on the highway!

I have a few little things for the car in the spring, mostly cosmetic. The 2.0 really isn't made to go fast, more so an economy engine. However I have heard good things about the Unitronic tune, gives it a little more pep for a daily, and as I don't autocross it that's all I really need. I'm still undecided on that, and I am contemplating getting a wrecked gti and maybe vr swapping it if I feel I want more power. Also planning on fixing the curb rash on the aristos before it goes to Montreal, as well as putting the 5th gear from a tdi 5 speed in the golf. It's a considerable drop in rpms on the highway, reducing exhaust drone as well as increasing them mpgs. It's a relatively simple thing to change so I might give it a shot.

So for now I might as well make it look cool, as that's the only selling feature for the car at this point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast