Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sortaflush?? 2.slow "build"

Member test

Sortaflush?? 2.slow "build"

Alright, might as well put my car's build (if you wanna call it that) on here. So let's start from square 1.
    About a year ago I was looking around for my first car. I always liked the mk4 body VWs but I didn't want to get railed that hard by insurance (17 year old male driver problems) so I settled for a 4 door golf. Found an 04 golf gls 2.slow with the 5 speed at a winnipeg dealer. Trade in, low kms (118,000) so I jumped on it (I know, could've gotten a tdi but I wasn't thinking)
    Very first day I got it
    Being my first car, I was right pumped. And it was a manual which was a mandatory requirement for me.
    The 17 year old ricer in me decided to nite shade the hell out of the tails and plastidip all the badges, so happy I'm out of that phase for now. And I also painted the calipers red. Don't have a picture but use your imagination
    The car came with a nice dent in the corner of the passenger side fender. Hammered that out and painted it with the duplicolor perfect match-that's-not
    -remotely-close-to-reflex-silver reflex silver. I did get a proper can made up for me I just haven't bothered to fix it yet
    Nothing really happened until winter. Got some rally spec mudflaps, a cheapo badgeless grille which broke within minutes of putting it on (my fault) and the only performance mod I have done and will ever do to this car; a 42 draft designs 2.5" catback. Gives it a nice deep sound, surprising for a 2.slow but I like it
    Decided to spruce the interior up a bit with a fake ass woodgrain shift knob and boot and while I was at it threw in the ecs foglight kit which I do not recommend unless you don't drive in the rain.
    Then I bought a set of aristos. I have a thing with oem vw wheels, they just look so perfect. Then I began the sortaflush transformation starting with the "I wanna lower my car but I'm too cheap to by proper coils" special; good ol ricelands. Installation was lovely. The front struts didn't wanna come out so we had a grand ol time. Oh, and I pained the stock grille black and put it back in and painted the rubstrips black. I can barely get into the driveway at work and I love it
    Sold the aristos to fund my eurokracy trip which I never even went to cause I bought the wrong damn ticket but whatever. Looking to get another set of aristos, miss them too much. Then I bought some gti tails to clean up the rear end a bit
    And that's pretty much it for now. I got an good amount of ricey stickers heading my way shortly and I ordered a set of adjustable sway bar links to stop the running and get some more lows. Also looking to get a skid plate before I dummy my oil pan. Other than that nothing special will be happening to it, just little things here and there. Will update whenever something worth mentioning happens. Cheers 🍺

Re: Sortaflush?? 2.slow "build"

Post more pics... Uhhh fuck, put them inside me

Member test

I never ever take pictures of my car lol but here's a few more
    With Jesse's swagon

And beside what the car looked like when I got it.

Member test

Little update:
    Installed the adjustable swaybar links and a new dogbone mount with poly bushings. So now my axle doesn't rub on the swaybar anymore which is mint. Also picked up a set of basically brand new tires from action tire for the aristos I'm picking up on Thursday. Picture's to come shortly.
    And I got some ricey stickers for the lulz

Ohhhhh the bags are for groceries hits me low. Lol. How bout for grocery getters. Then we cool. :p

Member test

Forgot this thread even existed. Time to catch up now...
    Picked up the aristos from tbay auto. Buddy gave me the wheel spacers for free as well, 10mm front 20mm rear both hubcentric so that's awesome. And they came with pirelli all seasons that were in rather good shape considering the car was on fire for god knows how long

Then a few days ago me, Travis and Cody tinted my headlights yellow for the hell of it. Turned out pretty good I'd say.

As for light output, they aren't as yellow as I'd like them to be. Next thing on my list is yellow bulbs and probably a skid plate for the winter. Other than that I have nothing else lined up for this thing. I'm going to try and get a mk6 golf r next year after my birthday so I'm trying to save my money for a down payment at least. Insurance is around 400 a year cheaper than a gti of the same year so I can afford the insurance it's just trying to get approved for financing is the issue lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I hate french lights, but I don't mind these

did you just go out to silver islet today?

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    2000 Toyota Tacoma

Oh shit this is the car driven by that old guy who hangs around with Brent and Dylan
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Member test

Quote Originally Posted by Sooby View Post
    did you just go out to silver islet today?
    Yep I believe I saw you heading back into town lol

Member test

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    Oh shit this is the car driven by that old guy who hangs around with Brent and Dylan
    Yep that's me 😂😂😂

Yep that was me lol

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    2000 Toyota Tacoma

Senior Member test

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    Dude. He is 12

Member test

Little update

As I've had a check engine light on for ever (typical Volkswagen stuff) I decided to scan my car and see exactly what was broken

P02181 - probably coolant temp sensor. Got one ordered, waiting for it to come in

P0420 - 02 sensor. As I have no cat that's the reason for this code. Gotta order an 02 sensor spacer and see if that solves the issue

I've owned the car for over a year and put over 50,000 kms on it and this is the first time something went wrong with it, I'm genuinely surprised and happy as to how good this things been to me.

Stay tuned for updates

It's because it's a 2.slow, what it lacks in performance it makes up for in reliability ..almost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast