Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Helios

Re: Project: Helios

Looks bad ass during the daytime for sure. Can't wait to hear how they are at night

Your car is going to catch fire. Those kits are brutal

Yolo?

I'm not kidding lol those kits are legit fire hazards. I'd throw a set in something you don't like instead of your Helios that's not exactly easy to replace.

It's just a Jetta, and for testing purpose, I'm not going to rock them for long, they aren't euro enough, I need yellow halogens

Oh damn this is beautiful. Love those oldies. German all the way. We need more of them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I picked up some used tail lights boards earlier today, the old corroded ones are no more, these ones work great, have the new CREE reverse bulbs in there too.

Everything works, didn't even need to buy new bulbs, need to replace the cracked left tail light still, picked up one of those too but it's not cleaned up yet.

The CREE reverse lights work pretty good behind the fluted lenses, I was honestly expecting worse

Output is kinda off, but they're still pretty bright considering it's still lighout when I took the picture and you can still see them lighting up the fence

I fixed the passenger side city light, temp fix for now, still need a new T10 socket that will replace the one in there with the broken tab

Ditched the yellow LED's for regular halogens again, the LED's didn't fit as well as I hoped resulting in the moisture seal for the back of the headlight to not fit properly.

I don't know how these broke but finding local parts is impossible so I'm just going to attempt to fix them.

Sanded all of the old tint spray off and a five dollar tube of two part epoxy later, and here they are all glued back together piece by piece

After everything today, the only lights that still don't work are the HVAC panel, and the front left signals, but those just need new bulbs.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 11-05-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Pictures aren't working. Make sure to post the full link with ".jpg" at the end!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I really don't understand what's wrong with Google Photo's, none of the photo's I've posted on here end in .jpg and they all work. The first photo in the first post is from Google Photo's and the url for the photo is https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Tl...=w1222-h687-no but if I put the img tags around it, it works and comes up with the photo, so I don't know what the deal is.

I also just tried this on a laptop I have with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I don't even have Chrome downloaded on it yet it's so fresh and the photo's came up using the stock "Edge" browser it comes with, so, I have no idea.

That's odd. I've always made sure that mine end in .jpg and I've never had an issue. Are they in different albums? If so maybe t's the privacy setting? I tried on both Chrome and Safari on my Macbook with no luck. Usually if it's a browser problem for me I can right click and open the image in a new tab and it works but that's not the case now.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I just tried on one of the iMacs and they don't work, it's a Mac issue apparently.
    I'm going to rehost and upload them again

Senior Member test

Just upload them to imgur. There is a chrome extension that you can get that lets you right click and upload to imgur, and a few other things.

I literally made this screenshot by right clicking and selecting "capture view" and it auto magics the rest.

And this is what shows up if I right click your current pictures and try to view them in a new tab:

This is almost certainly a permissions issue.
    Last edited by dorkage; 11-05-2015 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Okay, I fixed the images, so they should work again, checked on my linux daily, a windows 10 pro computer, and both iMacs, they work, so, it's good now. I'm using Photobucket again, I give up on Google Photos.

After the epoxy was dried, I sanded it down to level out the glue that squished out and clearcoated them to see how the cracks hide, pretty good I guess for a $5 repair and some old clear coat I had laying around.

I didn't like how you could still see the epoxy where I filled a hole so I tinted them orange

I also did a little coat of black tint and made some matching tail lights since I had everything out and it was all just old supplies I had laying around, it was raining when I did this so they look even worse then they do in the picture.

Installed the repaired turn signals, much better.

Installed the tinted tails and put LED's in the license plate lights.

Used one of the old license plate bulbs to fix the burned out fender turn signal.

That's all for meow, I'm still waiting for Volkswagen to finish pressing my bearings and ball joints in the hub so I can get the front end all back together, they forgot, as did I. So the parts all sat in a box there since July.
    They should be ready today so we'll see what happens.

Senior Member test

Don't use photobucket. They'll work for like a week until photobucket fucks something up. Imgur always works and never changes the URL or any bullshit that photobucket does.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Andrew, stop forcing everyone to believe your religion, you literally checked the hosting source of my pictures just to see if I took your advice or not, the pictures work, that's all that matters.
    I have never used Imgur, I don't want to try something new right now, I'm just uploading build thread pictures.
    I have also never had an issue with photobucket ever loading, I've been using it as my default since TBAEC, I already have an account, I can access the photos just fine and they auto upload from my phone so I don't have to do anything, just copy/pasta

I'm doing my sway bar end links right meow, pointless pictures of an old unknown brand end links and then new Bilstein end link coming soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast