Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Project: Helios

Re: Project: Helios

turned out good,
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

Well, I'm fed up with this car, I can't convince myself to work on it anymore, I need to fix my truck so I can be alone in the forest and not people. Just can't do it anymore.
    Car is going up for sale soon. I'm asking $5000 for absolutely everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, factory BBS wheels, they need tires, the car is on oem mk3 GLS Jetta wheels with nexen tires that have about 10,000km on them so they're basically brand new, brand new Rockford Fosgate speakers front and rear (still in the boxes not installed yet) my old headunits from the mk3 (I think it's Kenwood?) Three sets of tail lights, all the current parts on the car are staying on the car, I have a mk3 centre console conversion in the works so all those parts are included, the Rallye golf cluster I bought plus all other gauge clusters I have laying around (I think there's three or four extras for parts), spray can of colour match paint I have made up, I'm even including the 1991 TD Jetta with all of those parts, I have the coilovers still in the box, I just did a while bunch of work, everything in the front end is replaced, rear bearings and brakes are all new, there's way too much for me to remember right now but basically anything I have that will work in this car is included.

For safety it needs the power mirrors fixed (not getting power) door handles need to be fixed, rear window defroster and third brake light don't work (another wiring issue). I have e the safety sheets still if I'm forgetting anything and the second safety I had done somewhere else but it's a joke, they said "missing interior panels" as a reason to not safety it (because it doesn't have speakers in it), but you get everything.

$5000, let me know if anyone is interested or a friend of a friend, I just need to get my truck fixed, I can't deal with being stuck at home all the time, my mental will power is depleting.

It's going to be up for sale other places probably next weekend once I have pictures of everything.

wow what garage called the "missing interior panels" over the speakers missing lol.. just wanna make sure i never go there...lol

if you need any parts for your truck other than the engine let me know, i hasve a complete parts truck with lots of stuff im not useing. (the engine in it is pooched aswell)
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

Senior Member test

Does it come with free storage?

Well, it's been awhile since I've done any updates on this, I start working more to the point that I had no time to even think about doing work on cars and dumped out a bunch of money to have some shit fixed and kinda got myself back on my feet to where I have enough vehicles that I can manage right now.

So with that being said, I bought some 165/50R15 Kumho ECSTA PS31 for the BBS RA's, they're so tiny.

Had them mounted by the infamous Jordan from Action Tire

and this is were shit got weird, I bought some new door handles, the seat slider bushings, and before I even got around to installing them, I just kinda happened to some how exchange money.. for.. another car.. and this 1991 Carat Turbo Diesel just kinda showed up..

I spend a night buffing it

Day photo's of the end result

The guy I got it off of brought me the other two matching "Monteal" wheels so I bought some new tires and mounted those up at work

And here it is with the Monteal's on

and then I sold it, and now I have a 1999 CR-V I still have to pick up once the new owner picks up their polished turd Jetta so I have room to bring the CR-V home and start parting it out for my Integra's AWD conversion.

That is all, nothing much else really exciting happened, the GLI is still just chillin waiting for it's new door handles and seat slider bushings so maybe when hell isn't frozen over I'll go toss those on.
    I can't imagine much more of an update on this coming soon since I'm going 100% on the truck right now and come spring it's going to be all about Honda stuff
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 02-03-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Did the Helios ever end up getting safetied?
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    Did the Helios ever end up getting safetied?
    No.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345