Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GTP Write off??

GTP Write off??

Looks like my car may be a write off. There's not a ton of damage but the front end is pushed over. I'm pretty pisses about the whole situation. I don't understand how ppl can drive a car and not look at where they want to go. I put a lot of hard work and effort into the car and kept it in decent shape. Was my pride and joy for 6+ years and to have it taken away in such stupidity hurts. Anyways enough of the rant..... it's not over for me yet.
    / S1X Cam / 3.4 Pulley / Overkill Tune / Custom HAI / SD Headers / Dynomax Turbo 300 Catback - Cat / 105 Crow Valve Springs - with Retainers / Comp Cam pushrods / Ported Heads / LS7 Lifters /

Re: GTP Write off??

That really bites

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Could you not buy it back as a salvage?
    2013 Kawasaki ZX14r- 8.72@158
    2016 Ford F-150
    2004 Kawasaki zx10r-9.45@150(sold)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-sold
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

I'm sure he could, but if the front clip is knocked over...

It is pushed a bit off center no more than a half inch. Gonna try and buy it back and maybe get a base gt and swap motors.
    / S1X Cam / 3.4 Pulley / Overkill Tune / Custom HAI / SD Headers / Dynomax Turbo 300 Catback - Cat / 105 Crow Valve Springs - with Retainers / Comp Cam pushrods / Ported Heads / LS7 Lifters /

Are you sure it's moved? I'd buy it back, and take it to another shop after just to make sure the story doesn't change.

I know the owner where I took it and my friend works there. He is the one who checked.

Damn, there was a GTP for sale on kijiji or that Thunder Bay buy/sell page for damn cheap last week.

Sorry about the car man!
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xorbex View Post
    It is pushed a bit off center no more than a half inch. Gonna try and buy it back and maybe get a base gt and swap motors.
    Tug it?

Here's the thing about this car, are they going to write it off, or does it have structural damage. If the radiator support is bent, than you will require a structural safety which is about $500 bucks or more and the title will always say salvage. With that in mind, you're car basically will have no value from here on out so throwing money at it for fun is awesome but you'll never be able to sell it again.

2ndly, how far can you really go with it? I mean its 4000lbs, fwd, etc. you're starting off with a difficult platform.

IMO, take the money and buy something else that's a better platform to start from...OR...if you have a lot of money into the motor and think it should be saved.. buy something it can be swapped into. Fiero's take those motors, RX7 if you can make it rwd, I dunno what else... just an opinion.

I don't know why ppl think these cars aren't good platforms. You can easily get 500whp from them and run 10s all day and still be a daily driver. Anyways the car is a write off I just have to see what's next.

Bah, build what you want. If we all applied that logic, we'd all be driving fox body Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorbex View Post
    I don't know why ppl think these cars aren't good platforms. You can easily get 500whp from them and run 10s all day and still be a daily driver. Anyways the car is a write off I just have to see what's next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3283932-picard_wtf_riker_i_know.jpg  
    Last edited by MarcGSR; 09-02-2015 at 08:59 PM. Reason: fixed image link

No need to flame. Do some research and you will see.
    http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...e=CT-TURBO-KIT
    I'm sure your smart enough to figure out the rest. I never claimed it was the best platform just stating facts.

I think Mike was trying to say that if you can get that thing to run 10s with 500hp, he'll eat it piece by piece.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast