Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Hi I'm old but new to this site

Hi I'm old but new to this site

Hi i'm Chris and I was on the old sites, just found this one. I don't live in T Bay anymore, but am still in the area and home often. I have a couple vehicles, my daily is a '13 Santa Fe sport, and my work commuter/gas saver is a B swapped 1995 Honda Civic HB with all the bolt on's and what not. It's the first car that I owned and I bought it in the the 90's. I believe it was the 4th B swapped Honda in T Bay, but i could be wrong, so don't kill me, my memory isn't what it used to be. The White CRX was first one i think, then we did the 2 del sols (I worked at Krazy's in the off season) and then mine.... I think anyways, there may have been others (ice racers?) but that's what I remember. I also remember there was an EF sedan with a b-18 (LS) in it, but i don't know if it ever ran as it was a OBD0 car with a OBD1 engine or something like that. My Civic sat in a field for years while I was working out of town and has been back in action for the past few years as my summer work commuter and fun toy. Its rusted out and looks like a wreck, but the drive train only has about 30-40k on it and it costs less to insure for a year, than a weekend out on the town costs. I don't have any recent pics of the Civic, some people may remember it from back in the day. I'm hoping to get the body work done and finally boost it in the next year or so as time and money permit.

I'm also into photography and would love to come out to a meet next summer and take some photos.
    I was at the driven show in Winnipeg this summer and took a ton of photos, here is the link to the album on my web page;

http://sherwinphotography.wix.com/sh...-ywg-2015/cxb3

If that link doesn't work go to www.sherwinphotography.ca under the events tab, click on driven 2015

I haven't updated the page for a long time, I will be doing a major update when I have some free time, life's just been too busy lately.

Cheers

Re: Hi I'm old but new to this site

Hey... welcome to the site! I am one of the old guys too, lol. Old school DMMR!!!! If I remember correctly the first B-series swap in town was Jon Nelson's 91 Si hatch. I believe that was sometime around 98. The next one was Al, the Dominos guys (the "follow the leader" car). The next one was Terry's white CRX, then the 2 Del-Sols. After that I am not sure! Lol Welcome back to the T-Bay motoring forums.
    - BLOKE -

Welcome! Theres a whole lot of youngsters on this site but theres still a good amount of oldies hangin around. I just keep hoping some of these younger guys start stepping it up and coming after our titles haha. I want some fresh blood in the mix!

Welcome to the forum Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by DSM8_ALL View Post
    Theres a whole lot of youngsters on this site but theres still a good amount of oldies hangin around. I just keep hoping some of these younger guys start stepping it up and coming after our titles haha. I want some fresh blood in the mix!
    I'm working on it! Just give me a couple more years, I'm not even a quarter of a century yet!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    Welcome to the forum Chris!

I'm working on it! Just give me a couple more years, I'm not even a quarter of a century yet!
    Sorry to break it to you Nabs...but you will never take my "MOST PROBLEMS AND ISSUES" title.

To be fair, you didn't specify which title. Can I have the title of fastest euro?
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Welcome Chris! and awesome pictures! love'in that orange Lotus Elise (dream car of mine),hope to see yea and your civic out next year!

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Welcome! Great pictures btw.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try and make it to some meets this summer, and maybe even bring the civic if i get the body work done.
    Cheers