Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Nissan Sentra

Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra

Don't listen to your personal friends... listen to the people here like Cale and Lindsey and Kevin. They know a lot as they've been in this game for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

OEM+ is the way to go, nice and subtle but also classy. Do some small stuff but if you're planning on buying another car then save up for that instead.

I didn't do anything other than clear corners and a few small touches on my first car and didn't do any other mods until I got my M3.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Should i be worried about driving the car hard from time to time?

2002 Nissan Sentra

Some say it's actually good to take the car to redline from time to time, as long as your not doing it from light to light and driving like an idiot you'll be fine
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

So basically with this car do the exact opposite of gervais and you'll be fine
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    exact opposite of gervais and you'll be fine

speaking of which, he has informed me that the 06 STI wing fits perfectly onto the back of my car

Tint, wheels, shift knob... simple things that don't devalue the car, can easily be returned to stock, or kept for later cars.

My first 2 cars were a 2006 sentra 1.8 manual and a 2003 sentra GXE auto... I didn't touch them performance wise. Was enough work to them just keeping them running. When you floor it and the exhaust pours out white smoke, its time to sell. Had both of those in the span of a year and a half. Hope you have better luck.

Then Honda life took hold... Still have the Teg i bought 9 years ago. wow
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

2002 Nissan Sentra

Quote Originally Posted by GTRfan97 View Post
    speaking of which, he has informed me that the 06 STI wing fits perfectly onto the back of my car
    Oh sweet baby Jesus, no..

Quote Originally Posted by GTRfan97 View Post
    Everyone has their own personal taste and you should build a car for you not anyone else, or for scene points. . That being said I'll explain why things like that get hate and why I did the mods I did to my car. .

If your car was fast, fine. Go sti wing. It isn't my style but my style might not be yours so whatever.. I like practical mods plus a mix of style..

A deck and possibly speaker upgrade plus a sub.. makes every drive more enjoyable if you like listening to music.. vw has pretty decent speakers so I'm running stock with a pioneer deck, visonik amp and phoenix gold sub. . Simple. .

A grippy or softer shift knob is nice especially in the winter. Just makes shifting a little nicer. Don't get something with adapters etc get something that threads.. my r line knob is leather which feels nicer to the stock knob. This goes well with my Wolfsburg 3 spoke wheel which has made my car more enjoyable to drive.

Wheels make a huge difference. Find what you like and ask for advice on offset and width for the best mix.. I'm running bbs rk II 2 piece 17s. Et35 and could be wider and have a lower offset to sit better. I'll achieve that with spacers. I'm running potenza tires but you won't need anything fancy for a slow daily - they were on the wheels when I bought them so I didn't change em..

I have an oem votex bumper to go on my car this spring. Hence my specv recommendation - crazy body kits look weird..

I'm running custom built headlights as that's what I do. I see better and others see me better and they look cool to me. If you want light help I'm your guy.

I'm also running customised tails. All reds with tint like a gli. They make my gli tails look like crap so I'm a fan.

I'm running coilovers which handled great when I set them for a mild drop. My car handles alright still now that I lowered my car past being practical but it looks cool so hey...

I'm running a 3" exhaust which is also a waste of time. Stock sounded better ...

As you can see nothing is radical - I just wanted an unassuming daily that got good mileage. Everyone else is faster but that wasn't my goal..

At the end of the day my car is - to me - better looking and more fun to drive than stock. I'll wreck it more this year..

Thanks for the advice, the car already has a sub in the back and an alpine deck. I'm an electrical engineer but i dont know what the hell im looking at when i see it, all i know is the sound out of it is great but it seems the front speakers on the door are disabled or just not working in general.

Because i have a GXE, i do not get the fog lights in my car, although id love to see those yellow ones that some enthusiasts are driving around with. Can those be installed if i knock out the plastic that fills the fog light hole and attempt to add fog lights myself?

I love the idea of a spec v front end swap, and im sure u can tell why. my name is GTR fan and the spec V front end looks very "R33ish"

wouldnt mind attempting an autocross this summer, so maybe i should take tires into consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12583795_10208773372277232_372066079_n.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	3529

heres a picture of it...

if any of you wizards would like to tell me what it is and if its good or not

You can pick up some ford fusion projector fogs and they'll perform great. Easier would probably be bmw x5 led fogs and you could yellow film them..

Yellow film will also turn the light that the bulb emits to yellow as well correct?
    sorry I'm pretty dumb

To a point yep. I use 3000k hids to get yellow but I'm odd. Yellow capsules a la es300 Lexus plus yellow film give crazy yellow. Tint isn't bad but doesn't change the color like vinyl or capsules.

For example. My taco projectors have 3000k hids

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Oh yea, other thing, what about changing the stock headlights out for something like halos?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast