Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Nissan Sentra

Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra

No, do not do that. You're better off with the stock lights, aftermarket ones have worse output
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Look into retrofitting projectors. I bet h1s fit with near no modifications. The new version 7 h1s are getting great reviews.. throw a halo on or inside the shroud and you'll be set. Paint it all black and it'll look bad ass.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

yeah, call me a ricer but i LOVE the look of the newer BMW halos, i also like some of the shit people are doing with trucks where they paint the inside of the headlight black and then just make a square looking LED to go around the headlight socket

Ill use an old classmate as an example

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	3530
    Last edited by GTRfan97; 01-26-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Here's a bmw x3 acrylic halo behind an Apollo 3 shroud.. just putting that out there. Lots you can do.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hmm that shroud looks oddly familiar...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Yeah I'm pretty much against angel eyes (halos) in anything other than a BMW or cars that come with them from the factory. Generally the ones that come on aftermarket headlights are also the worst possible ones and are like 1.5 inches in diameter and look horrible. You also won't be able to find a kit or anything like the stuff in the truck you used as an example and would have to custom make something like that. As for painting headlights, I'm generally opposed as it's not something reversible so if you were ever to pull out a retrofit you'd be screwed and would have to buy new headlights all together

Kevin, you know better than anyone how much those halos burn out.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Brought the pads and rotors it will need for a safety. Also began to remove the carpet and seat to see how big the hole was at the bottom, seems minor, ill pick up some sheet metal tomorrow and put the breaks on. After that ill need a set of tires and she'll be good to hit the road!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_1rsz_img_0197.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	3531

here's a picture of the hole on the driver's side

The halos I mentioned are oem bmw nabs and a single surface mount led would do wonders with them (my plan). The perimeter halos will look really. .. no Bueno on a round light.

I also don't share a single view that you do re non reversible mods. Lights are cheap and easy to replace if he ever sells the car but wants to keep the retro. And black lights on that car would look unreal.

Get the thing on the road first, make sure all maintenance is up to date and then start mods.

I'm hoping the car will be on the road by the weekend, I've asked Jordan to see what he can do about some tires for the car.

I'm slowed down quite a bit because of school, but the heated garage and every tool of every size known to man really helps.

Just excited to drive it every day, personalize it and enjoy learning more about cars instead of standing there at a meet not knowing what anyone is talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if the tires are 14" pm me for my number i have some tires out here my aunt gave to me that i have no use for you can just have them, im not sure how much tread is on them ill have a look tomorrow, i know 1 was brand new not long before she wrote off her car
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/vogt-952111.html

Decent drop and closest to Spec v spring rates as I could find. Pair with koni shocks when your stock shocks blow in a year or 3 and you're set.

grats on the new ride, Welcome to the Hamburger Club! hahaha.... nice and simple car.... couldnt agree more with the other members, unless you 100% love this car and dont see yourself parting with it in 5-10 years, wouldnt put too much money into it, for sure make it yours...a good set of lowering springs,wheel&tires,intake and some mild cosmetic mods and youll be set! I'd avoid getting a exhaust prob end up costing too much for a good one, that wont get you much for gains or a cheap one that will sound horrible, hahaha. You got a great base to learn on.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Question: when i turn the car all the way to the right or left i hear a high pitch squeal, is this normal?

i hear a similar sound a lot with other cars under the same circumstance.

Probably the dust shields rubbing. Try bending them a bit and see if it goes away.

check the power steering belt, could be slipping.
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast