Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2002 Nissan Sentra

2002 Nissan Sentra

Hey guys,

I've been on the forums and attending meets and auto cross for about a year now, happy to announce that as of last night I brought a car!

the car is a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE, Manual Transmission of course. The car has been left stock with only a small amount of audio changes.

hopefully I can get it safetied this week, and maybe begin modifying the car a few weeks after that. However I'm going to college at the moment so funds are limited.

ill post some pictures of the car when I get home tonight after school

Re: 2002 Nissan Sentra

Stuck to Nissan huh? Well we can make this thing fun even without the QR engine. Let me know when you want to start putting money on this thing I can point you in the right direction

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Car is up on jacks now, Had someone experienced take a look at it to see what it will need for a safety. Actually surpised at how little it needed. The woman who owned it before me took really good care of this car.

here are some pictures of the car that i had taken this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 20Specv12 View Post
    Let me know when you want to start putting money on this thing I can point you in the right direction

couldnt resist, got a great deal on the car, ive seen some videos on youtube of people VQ swapping Sentras and keeping up to Z's easily, maybe ill have to go down that route when the time comes. For now just get it on the road and add small things here and there until i get out of school.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12630735_10208766749631670_741561274_o.jpg   12631092_10208766749871676_1468928178_o.jpg   12596857_10208766749711672_510365661_o.jpg  

Car looks clean and well maintained. Good purchase!

Keep it stock. Just drive it until you can afford a better platform. Those sentras are good commuter cars but on the modifying side, not so much.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Don't listen to that. Modify what ever you feel like. Just cause someone doesn't think it's a good platform doesn't mean you can't make it your own. I wouldn't own a bagged caprice wagon if I listened to haters. :p

Gonna have to buff out those headlights I think, but otherwise that thing looks immaculate

Oh you can modify whatever you want I'm just trying to save the kid some money he is very young. And there's a million times more aftermarket support for the caprice wagon then there is for the base sentra
    FUNCTION >FORM

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

Small things make a big difference. Lower it, wheels, no exhaust bullshit !! Slow cars with loud exhausts are brutal. .. Intakes sound cool, sound system upgrades, tint, oem+ stuff like a spec v bumper etc. . I like headlight mods but others aren't huge on em...

That would be my direction personally.

Actually the B15 Sentra platform has a shit load of aftermarket support compared to my B16 Sentra (they even have actual legit Nismo parts if you can find them). Although you need the SER SpecV model to fully enjoy the variety of parts available. Because you have the QG engine in it I would just make it look good with springs, new wheels and tires, clean up the headlights, maybe an exhaust just for sounds sake and you're done: fun little DD that you can autocross on weekends

No exhaust
    FUNCTION >FORM

Senior Member test

Pretty much what exist said. Do small stuff to make it your own. Lower it a bit. Wheels. An intake. Shifter and knob. Maybe factory skirt kit if it's offered. Little touches. I really wouldn't do a big exhaust it's not going to give you HP. If u want it to sound nicer I would get the smallest quietest aftermarket exhaust. Just so it had a nicer tone but wasn't louder. Like exist said. Nothing worse then a slow loud car. That's the way I would take it. Buy quality stuff. Less is more. It really is not worth to take it farther then that without doing something extreme. It doesn't have a lot of real aftermarket support. I would tinker with it do some small stuff. Learn and then find a better platform and apply what you have learned.
    Last edited by spin-z; 01-26-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Holy shit I don't think we have ever agreed Lindsey. .

i dont think i will put an exhaust on it, i dont want to spend money to basically ruin the car. They're known to sound like junk so id rather have a quiet car than a shitty loud one.

my personal friends are telling me to straight pipe and cut the springs but i think that will ruin the car as well. I will do some slight cosmetic changes like touch up the paint, put wheels and lower it. but you guys are right its a bad idea to make major modifications to the car.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast