Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Something a Little Different

Re: Something a Little Different

I guess I never updated this after going to Gimli i October. Mainly because my computer decided to die on me and i lost everything. It was a good time, not busy at all so we got a TON of passes. Best i could do on my bike a high 9.50 if i remember correctly. I do know that on one pass i went a 1.49 60' which i thought was pretty mint on a stock wheelbase bike. I got to make a few hits on Ben Wilsons 2015 ZX14, stock engine, air shifter, swingarm extensions, geared/lowered/strapped and running MR12 fuel. I managed to run a personal best of 8.97 at 156.3,its a freakin rocket ship, so much more low end grunt and doesn't punish you as much for your mistakes as the 1000 does.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The plan for my bike was to stretch and spray it. But just after Christmas i decided if i could sell it for what I thought was a fair price I would sell it. threw it on Kijiji and had a TON of tire kickers, which drives me insane. However a few weeks ago i ended up making a deal with a guy from Thunder Bay and i delivered the bike to him. In the meantime i had been looking for gen 2 (2012+) ZX14R's on Kijiji, I had found one in Sudbury that looked to be in good shape and the guys price was actually pretty fair. So I hooked up the trailer and made a bit of a trip out of it. Ended up picking up this 2013 Kawasaki ZX14R, all stock except for a set of Brocks slip on pipes. Clean bike, owner seemed like a nice guy and didn't seem to try and hide anything.
    [IMG][/I
    MG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

It might seem like the easy way to some people, and really it kind of is. The biggest issue with these bikes is they are freakin TANKS, my brothers on the scale at Brainerd was just over 600 lbs, compared to my 460lb 1000, BUT with very little bolt on parts and some tuning 200 HP is easy to get. The plan is basically just to get some swingarm extensions, shifter, exhaust, my 2 step box off of my other bike, try out a bunch of different gearing, lower and strap it. Yes, pretty much the same setup as Ben and Les' bike, but how can i argue? I know it will be capable of 8 sec passes. and i could drive it home if i wanted too.

That's all i really have for an update, ill post some progress as soon as some parts start coming in which should be next week. picked up a bike lift when i was down south and it worth its weight in gold! no more rolling around on the ground and bending over all day working on these!
    2013 Kawasaki ZX14r- 8.85@156
    2016 Ford F-150
    2004 Kawasaki zx10r-9.45@150(sold)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-sold
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

Went out to Gimli for their opening weekend this past weekend. Ended up only really getting one day. Poured rain sunday so we decided to come home. Over the last month or so I have been working on the bike putting on some go fast parts and stripping as much weight off as i could. Ill post some pictures when i get my photobucket working again. I have a couple vids from gimli, my best pass was 8.85@156 mph, i was pretty excited with that, strong headwind and it was super humid, here are some vids.

the plan for right now is to go to brainerd on the 16th for MAP, pending Mr Rothenburgers attendance with the porpoise. Hope to see some people there!
    Last edited by MarcGSR; 05-23-2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: embedded video links
    2016 Ford F-150
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

Senior Member test

Sick !! Welcome to the 8 second club

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

The Porpoise is being an angry little shithead.

Senior Member test

You'll get it ironed out. Right now it's just gobs of potential

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Nice pass Brett! The new bike was a great upgrade.

Just a shot in the dark... anyone know of a hotel room up for grabs for MAP next weekend. If not no big deal, my
    own fault should have booked in January like I wanted too lol.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

Now that MAP and test and tune have come and gone I guess I will do a bit of an update.

Map this June seemed very....tame? maybe last year was just really busy but I found this one very quiet. Not a whole lot of
    people. Made a total of 26 passes, Friday Was HOT! I would guesstimate in the low 30's? no wind, no nothing...just hot. we were only able to make a few passes at a time and had to let the bikes cool down for over an hour. Friday was spent trying to dial in a launch. my 60' times in Gimli were all over the map, anywhere from 1.42 to 1.59, by the end of the day i had it figured out to where it would be a pretty consistent 1.40-1.45 which i was content with. it also helps the track was holding 8500 rpm with 18 psi of tire pressure. over the course of the weekend i ended up running a personal best of 8.78@156 mph. I was pretty happy, 100% factory engine with no power adders. ended up losing in the final of the heads up bike class (there were only 4 bikes). all in all the weather held out and we had a great time and made a ton of passes.

Test N tune this past weekend was the best racing weekend i have personally ever had. There was nothing to win, there was nobody watching, the track was pretty dicey Saturday morning, but it was just a great time. Great people, awesome weather, it was just super chill. You could make as many passes as you wanted. Over the course of 2 days i have 44 slips. Saturday afternoon it's almost like the track flipped a switch (for me anyway, mike"squarebit" wont agree) it seemed to get really good, really fast. I don't ever have a problem with spinning in the back half so i can't say weather it was good or bad, but the front half had a ton of bite! i went 1.38 60' 5 times. my best 60's ever. Saturday morning me and Les both FOUGHT to even run an 8.99, traction was non-existent and it's hard to make up the time in the back half with no power adder lol, best run in the afternoon however was a 8.75 at 155.

Sunday you could not have asked for any better weather, cool, with a MASSIVE tail wind. I will admit IN MY OPINION the MPH in the rh lane was about 4-5mph fast.. one slip i have said i ran 166 mph..imagine!.. but ya there is absolutely no way. i managed to put together a 8.72 @ 158 mph..is wind assist a thing in drag racing lol? all in all it was a great weekend with great people. looking foreward to the rock falls bike day on July 9th, probly won't do anything until Dragfest after that.

Last edited by MarcGSR; 06-30-2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Embedded video link
    2016 Ford F-150
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234