Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Any media kids on here? Video edit stuff?

Any media kids on here? Video edit stuff?

I started making some shitty swag videos recently and I was wondering who else on this site does stuff like this, car edits and goodies like that, I know Jason and Kelly make some car videos but I rarely get to see any if I can ever find them.

So like, post up your stuff, I want see what kind of local car-social related videos people make, any stuff of the meets? Tim's ruckus we got into last summer? Anything people are working on now? Junk like that.

Here's something I'm working on recently, after Adam and I finished docking, I noticed this dope shot while getting out of the bushes so I figured I would see what I can do with the footage.
    Full video won't be done for a day or two, I mostly just work on this stuff in the dark lonely confines of my house while trying to block out the realization of my existence.. I mean, I do this when I can't sleep..
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 04-18-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Re: Any media kids on here? Video edit stuff?

i deff wanna get more into shooting and editing... id consider my videos pretty shit... BUT getting better, hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHS...rnxPljo_2JSBeA

(upload most of my recent stuff to my youtube)

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

This video is awesome, were you riding a skateboard or long board? It's pretty smooth
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 04-18-2016 at 06:05 PM.

my "filming" skateboard,reg skateboard,wider than what i skate with, and got some big gel wheel "cruiser wheels" to make things smoother and less likely to get stopped by rocks/cracks

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Okay so I ride my bike, you tether on and we get super smooth video, I like it, I like it, do you have any software? Premiere is amazballs, I would highly recommend it

I've always been interested in making videos but never really knew where to start or had any real equipment. I guess I've slowly started making some stuff but it's usually one angle with a gopro. The surprise lake video was probably my first real editing on a video, other than piecing together that time lapse of my roof last year. I kind of want to play around with PiP this year now that I have 2 gopros. The one problem I always run into is trying to find the right music to fit in with the style of video though.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I have been listening to random trap music trying to find the right song I want for Adam's Golf video, I finally found a clip that works for my liking. It always seems to be the longest part is the right music. Your roof video was awesome, I watched that a few times, it's just.. so.. entertaining. I literally have seen it more then 5 times lol.
    Post some videos up, that's what this thread is for. I want to see some of the car community's media.

And you don't really need real equipment, the video I shot of the Civic and Miata was done with my phone all hand held, the Mercedes video was my DSLR, again all hand held, this video of Adams car is my DSLR again and all hand held, I just stand there like an idiot with ninja poses to try and get some smoothish shots and try to work out the rolling shutter as best I can in after effects, I'm sure there's a way in premiere, but I've never tried. It's pretty easy to get started, I've self taught myself everything about post-processing with the help of some youtube videos.

I just got Sony's ver of the GoPro, the AS200v..really like it so far cant to get some better shots this year..My Canon SX500is is good,but i find it heavy for smooth moving video.. plus i built a camera slide for my tripod this winter too...i just use Window MovieMaker.. HAhah..at some point i may get a more usefull program once i learn to take some smoother/better footage..

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Here's the surprise lake video, I had posted it up a little while ago in it's own thread. I ended up using fast cuts for this video but looking back I usually do a fade to black transition just because most of my videos are drag racing passes. I've done all my videos in Final Cut Pro X and it's been really easy to use for me, and there isn't a massive learning curve. I've also tried After Effects on one video before and found that a little tricky to use.

Random exhaust video I made a little while back. You can see the fade to black transitions on this one.

Another sort of exhaust video. It was the first time I tried speeding up portions of the video so that it was one continuous shot rather than cuts.

This one isn't car related but I recently made a drone video when I was up in the bush. It was my first non gopro video that I put together and one of my first few times using a drone so it wasn't as smooth as I'd hoped for. I used some longer fading transitions on this one.

There's also a whole bunch of videos on my channel, I would just suggest you skip all the ice racing videos
    Last edited by Nabs; 04-18-2016 at 11:34 PM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

That last video was really good! What drone is that? That's some insane distance you're getting with it.