Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen1 SBC Caddy CTS

Junior Member test

Gen1 SBC Caddy CTS

Hello everyone I've been looking around awhile now and got the car meet notice so decided to show off my ride in my first post. I was wondering

if there's any room for a weapon like this at the meet. Here is one of my build videos. It is a 06 Cadillac CTS with 355, flat tops, vortec heads, long tubes, and a 700r4. Check it out and comment good or bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-i55kuwsA4

Thanks for looking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF7830.JPG  

Re: Gen1 SBC Caddy CTS

Welcome to the forum. Nice ride you've got there. You should take it to test and tune and see what it will run.

Junior Member test

Thank you I have a few hours into it. What is the test and tune all about? I'm very interested, I've had my car in tbay a few times and would come down for an event if I could, I've never been to a car show.

You should consider taking it to proving grounds in Brainard. It an awesome event, road course, autocross, drifting, and drag racing. June 17-19
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Junior Member test

That's in the states? if so no go. Is there any kind of 1/4 or 1/8th mile in tbay? My CTS isn't a race car anyway but interested in a real 0-60 or quarter mile time.
    Last edited by john; 05-27-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Test and tune in Terrace Bay Ontario on June 25-26. It's 1/4 mile. I'll say this before everyone else does, it's not a pro track, it's an old airport, but it gives you a ballpark on what your car will do. It's a good time and plenty of fast cars show up. There is also drag fest in Terrace Bay on August long weekend. And I believe the weekend after there is 1/8th mile races in Wawa Ontario. There is local events, are they on the same scale as the stuff in the states, probably not but it is a good time and it's always fun going fast lol
    2013 Kawasaki ZX14r- 8.72@158
    2016 Ford F-150
    2004 Kawasaki zx10r-9.45@150(sold)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-sold
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

If you don't have slicks or a really high end drag radial don't bother running at Terrace, you won't hook up for shit
    FUNCTION >FORM

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

Senior Member test

if you want to have fun and gain some experience, come to terrace bay. dont let people who bitch about having to tune for different conditions discourage you
    70 nova 4 speed lsx

Junior Member test

Quote Originally Posted by 4speed View Post
    if you want to have fun and gain some experience, come to terrace bay. dont let people who bitch about having to tune for different conditions discourage you
    Well with the car I have there has been some tuning and I don't mind it at all. As long as its not on the side of the highway. But terrace bay is quite a long way for me to go.

Hey welcome, sweet ride/swab! I had a blast at the Test n Tune event, its super chill,just keep lining up, get lots of runs in. Yes it is not the the best/fast 1/4 out there by any means,but you get a good rough idea and lots of seat time.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Just speaking from experience. On a full out drag car with adjustable everything you can tune for the conditions but on a daily you're limited.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Junior Member test

I would just be looking to have a good time no matter what my time is, I think the ol'lady would enjoy a cruise to to Tbay also. BTW snidd nice car, my last car was an 06 350z and had it for 2 years. I bought it from the dodge dealer in tbay. I think the caddy would take it...up to 80 or so anyway then I'd see your taillights.
    Last edited by john; 05-29-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Its definitely a good time and worth the drive time. Pack a tent and a cooler and we'll see you there
    Last edited by KrOMESTANG; 05-30-2016 at 08:35 AM.

It is a good time with whatever you bring down, a lot of good memories made at terrace bay. It is true tho the track conditions with street tires can be disappointing. If you know what the car is rated for stock and you attempt to match or run quicker than that time it will be very difficult with a street tire. They tend to spin like crazy in the launch box. If you are going just for fun and to see what the car will do as it sits or to rip on it without being worried about cops its a cheap fun event. If you have goals or times in mind you want to hit I suggest getting a cheap set of drag radials.

Went from a 13.8@112 to a 12.21@113 just by swapping to drag radials there. You can tune all you want but in the end the power has to get to the pavement through the tire and if it can't handle the power u have, instant smoke show. Lol
    FUNCTION >FORM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast