Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Hello, Tbay Kid

Hello, Tbay Kid

Hey everyone, I'm Kyler, I'm 15 years old and love cars. I have kind of realized Thunder Bay doesn't have the biggest car scene but I know that it's here, shoutout to everyone who runs this site and posts on it in your free time thank you. Anyway I hope to get more involved even though I can't drive lol. I've been browsing this forum forever but never posted anything.

I plan to check out the autocross event tomorrow to see what its about!

I'm hoping to buy a 03 wrx or a 240 , But most likely a subaru because of this climate lol

#bringdriftingtotbay
    Subaru: Rattling interiors since 1983
    R.I.P PW

Re: Hello, Tbay Kid

Welcome! not a bad choice for future projects (even tho i love the blob-eye soobs more,lol). Come say hi at the AutoX event.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Junior Member test

Welcome, hope to see u around the groups, with that subie life ,

Welcome to the site, nice seeing you this past weekend at the autox and the meet. Good luck on your hunt for a car.

Quote Originally Posted by kbelluz2 View Post
    I'm hoping to buy a 240
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I winter drove 240's for years!!
    10 Land Rover LR4 HSE
    97 Supra 863whp 756wtq - 10.22 @ 142.9mph
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac 600awhp 571awtq (track car)
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus V8 supercharged 400hp? TBA

welcome to the forum. Ive always been a fan of the 240. They make great drift cars

Quote Originally Posted by Snidd View Post
    (even tho i love the blob-eye soobs more,lol).
    Agreed, buy a blobeye, a 240 would be sweet, deadly cars, KA24 over SR20 any day, but, two door so insurance will be more especially at your age, parts are scarce around here, I got rid of mine after I found out there is literally nothing at the scrapyards so it's all online orders and waiting for shipping if anything breaks, the dealer doesn't stock any parts on shelf either so it's all just a waiting game with a 240.

In the winter that can be a huge problem if your out and something breaks, tow truck bills, waiting for parts, finding a ride to work because your car is broken down, if you ordered online then you need to find a ride to pick up parts, it's a huge hassle, I'm getting away from the older car game solely because of this.

..now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Subaru fanboy over here trying to pump up the Scooby game, I fucking hate Subarus, they get god awful fuel economy, still a fair amount to insure if it's a WRX, they are literally the worst vehicle I have ever tried to work on, the simplest tasks are a huge job, but, they do sound unbelievable and look great, plus they kind of make up for being such a pain the ass with how much fun they are to drive.

#blobeye
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 07-29-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Junior Member test

As a previous owner of a 1999 Subaru Impreza Coupe with a 2002 WRX drivetrain swap + '06 STI turbo, EWG, equal length headers, I can tell you right now that if you do not know how to wrench on cars, be ready with a "fix" fund. Especially with a Subaru of that year bugeye (02) or even blobeye (03-05), they're going to be high mileage and beaten to all hell.
    Like Anonymous said, they get bad fuel economy and that "awesome" sound is the sound of power loss unfortunately lol. Unequal headers...

Winters make up for all this though... Once you've powerslid a nice corner, it's an unbelievable feeling...

As for 240's... Good luck finding one in good shape. Drift tax, beat to shit, and they tend to have rust problems lol.

Insurance is high for both, I'm not sure what you guys pay for around in TBay, but even where I live (just outside of the GTA), it's practically impossible without a steady paycheck.