Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: New guy from Southern Ontario

Junior Member test

New guy from Southern Ontario

Hey guys, I've met a few of you at AutoX but I just registered for this forum.
    My name is Ed, I drive a 2015 VW TDI and I've done a few things to make it fun. I've been enjoying autocross a lot and compared to other clubs in the GTA region, you guys have a lot more events! I look forward to the rest of the season and I hope to meet more of you guys!

Re: New guy from Southern Ontario

Welcome to the forums Ed! glad to hear you've been digging AutoX and you are going quite well too!

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Junior Member test

Thanks Kelly! I'll be moving up classes next summer I think because I'm already on the upper limit for class C. I plan on getting stickier tires next season haha

Welcome Ed, always good to see new faces and enthusiasm for these events. There's a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into them so when people come out and race it makes me happy.

Welcome Ed! Do us a favour and take marc out a couple times already....sheesh

Did you go with a Malone tune on top of the CR190 turbo? Those are impressive numbers from really simple bolt ons. Shame it's getting harder to find a newer TDI with the whole dieselgate bullshit. Welcome to the forum - good group on here for the most part.

Junior Member test

I was actually the development car for Malone Tuning for the 2015 CRs with BuzzKen Exhaust. Decided to go with JR Auto Performance in Oakville, Ontario for my CR190 tune. Long ways away but I highly recommend Jarek from JR AutoTuning. The Malone Tune I had was vicious on the dual mass flywheel in high gears. Malone Tune put down 178whp @ 320ftlbs of torque. I still get slight DMF shutter in 5th/6th, but that's only in high load situations.
    My tune is actually softer than what it can actually put down. It was shuttering like crazy on the dyno but it put down 226whp and 370 ft-lbs of torque haha.

Exist, it doesn't help my car is practically worthless along with the front end damage and high mileage on it... Needless to say, I'll be taking the "repair settlement" or approximately $5k. Should be enough to install some lighting goodies.

Mazdaspeed, I'd love to but my tires ain't up to it. I'll be in your class if I get tires.
    Last edited by chillined; 07-28-2016 at 09:41 PM.