Updates: New Forum Experience
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates: New Forum Experience

Updates: New Forum Experience

Hi All, it's been 3 years since I announced that I would be majorly overhauling the design and functionality of the forum (which has been around since 2011, previously TBAEC since 2007). Don't fix what ain't broke, right? Yet, I felt we needed a change and I had been working on a new design for some time (time and money) but then decided to hold off for a new piece of software (+modern, +robust, +features) that had just been released. However, being brand new, it needed time to iron out bugs. Now, due to the decline in user-base of forums lately and the natural tendency to turn to social media for information and communication, I've decided to scrap it and over winter I am going to be working on a more tightly integrated experience with Facebook and hoping to have something that everyone will love and enjoy using by spring. Stay tuned for updates.

Re: Updates: New Forum Experience

Let's make TBMotoring great again! lol
    Last edited by Nabs; 11-11-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

But what if im one of the 4 people left in the world who refuse to get Facebook
    2013 Kawasaki ZX14r- 8.72@158
    2016 Ford F-150
    2004 Kawasaki zx10r-9.45@150(sold)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-sold
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

I finally got facebook this year. And it sucks.
    To many adds, to many people sharing shit, it's all memes ,click bait and people's ugly kids.

Facebook is good for someone to type meet at tims and they get answered fairly quick.

Not somewhere to share a build thread. We just need more people building stuff and posting it on here.

I dunno i could be wrong I am getting old these days

Need more people building things honestly.

I agree with Brian and Mike. When the forum first started out everyone was posting build threads and there was a lot more conversation in each thread. Now it seems that there's only a handful of people actually posting what they're doing and even then no one else seems to want to even post a reply in those build threads.

And Brian hit the nail on the head about Facebook. While it's great to post something about a meet so everyone sees it if you post an update it gets lost in a sea of other shit content, even on "enthusiast" group pages, and it's almost impossible to go back and see where the person started their build from or even to find the last update. It would be interesting if somehow when you post in your build thread on the forum it shows up as an update on your personal Facebook page with one single picture and a link to that particular post on the forum.

It's awesome to see that you're still investing in the site to make it a better experience for everyone and I definitely appreciate it Marc!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I have no problems with the site the way it is. Like Nabs said though I'm one of those guys that does alot of reading but not a ton of posting. I wish i had the time/money to start building something other than a bike that for the most part isn't that interesting. And I don't update the thread that much simply due to the fact I don't work on it that much. I got rid of facebook basically for all of the reasons Brian stated. Just not my thing. And I don't think i would get it back if i "needed" to to stay on the forum. Im not sure if that's how it would work or whatever. Just sayin
    2013 Kawasaki ZX14r- 8.72@158
    2016 Ford F-150
    2004 Kawasaki zx10r-9.45@150(sold)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-sold
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

If its a option, id love to keep the forums. I really enjoy reading the builds. Wish I could be continuing mine more, but with the new house and garage without any tools of my own, havnt had the cash for the Z latly, I do like forum format.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Having a Facebook account will /never/ be mandatory for using the forums. The new site will simply have more options for integration and sharing while making it easier and more seamless for those already on Facebook to register and post on TBMOTORING.

I'm just going to be blunt and state the obvious here, there's too much hate towards new builds, everyone has their two cents towards someone else's vehicle but when advice isn't taken because they want it their own way, there's a lot of triggered responses which kind of kills it, that's why I haven't updated anything in forever, and believe me, I've been working almost every vehicle I own and would have had a lot to update on but I as well as many others am just sick of the shit posts ragging on everything. No one is too busy for car stuff, I work between 10-17 hours a day 6-7 days a week and have still found time to work on my three cars, suv, and truck as well as building a workstation PC for video editing (which I am still working on when I'm not fixing vehicles guys, calm down about the Northern Cancer Fund video). I just don't post because with the amount of shit I have to deal with on the daily, the last thing I wanna hear is how I'm a fucking idiot for doing something I was proud of.

A strike program to get rid of trolls would be the best solution in an upgrade for that to come
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 11-19-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Ar you talking about a lot of members on here or just one? I find most people that post to be pretty friendly and helpful to be honest.

He's trying to say me without actually saying it. People just call people on their bullshit that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wtf does triggered mean?
    Last edited by MiniD1CK5; 11-20-2016 at 01:36 AM.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

You're always going to have some criticism or negativity no matter where you are. Message boards, facebook, clubs, social media, the newspaper, doesn't matter. #HatersGonnaHate

Yup grow a pair or stay away from the internets
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

I personally wouldn't let people's opinions stop me from posting. We will be enforcing the 3 strike policy and encourage people to use the Report Post button.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast