Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1992 Acura Integra RS ..I did a thing

Re: ..I did a thing

I put it up on the hoist today and I'm not even sure if I want to autocross this thing.. I'm going to have to think about this awhile before I know what I'm doing with it now, it's almost too nice to do anything but too but keep it stock. It's just the body work that makes me know it will never be 100% original again and makes me want to race it.

The cat back portion of exhaust was changed under warranty, the tires were just purchased last fall from what I was told (2015), the pads are rotors front and rear were just done in the summer, as well as new struts/springs. This car is like god damn brand new. I need to find rear quarters for this. I've been looking for only the rear piece between the door and rear fender if anyone knows where to find that piece as well as the rear portion the bumper clips into, turns out that's why the bumper is "unclipped", the part the clip attaches too is rusted so the clip pulled out and won't stay back in.

I also need a drivers seat with the same interior colour/pattern because of the rip

2008 Pontiac Torrent, 2006 Hyosung GV250, 2005 Honda Civic Si, 2003 Volkswagen Passat, 2003 Ford Focus, 2003 Dodge RAM 2500, 1999 Honda CR-V, 1992 Acura Integra, 1992 Honda Accord, 1989 Volkswagen Jetta GLI, 1989 Kawasaki EX500

Good luck finding good shape second gen seats in a specific pattern these days, haha.

Possible 3rd gen integra front seat install? Those are easier to find in nice shape. Wont match the back, but whatever.

Any way to have the tear repaired?

Looking good!
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Looking at that interior brings back so many memories, first car purchased myself was a 92 Integra. Very clean for it's age but I wouldn't have any problems autox'ing that car - it's an automatic, non-vtec Integra. You won't acquire any body damage or wreck it on an autox course... tires are the only wear item. I would 100% do a manual swap to that car, it will really wake it up.

Yeah, I've been looking and can't find a seat anywhere, the tear is on the left driver seat upper bolster and someone duct taped over it so I haven't actually seen how bad the tear is but the duct taped the entire piece so I'm assuming it's bad.

As for autocrossing this, it's not fast, I think it's something like 130hp in its prime, so I would be doing all the weight reduction if I do decide this is an autocross car for summer, which means interior delete and a lighter racing seat.

It's a base model so it doesn't have any heavier electronics or wiring I need to worry about stripping out , and I found out last night driving it home that the stereo doesn't work, so.. I mean.. I could just take it all out and save some weight there..

Not sure yet, still up in the air on this, after I get the quarter panels fixed and change the gas tank I'll see where my mind set is and make a build thread for it or something
    2008 Pontiac Torrent, 2006 Hyosung GV250, 2005 Honda Civic Si, 2003 Volkswagen Passat, 2003 Ford Focus, 2003 Dodge RAM 2500, 1999 Honda CR-V, 1992 Acura Integra, 1992 Honda Accord, 1989 Volkswagen Jetta GLI, 1989 Kawasaki EX500

What would the point be in "restoring" it? In my opinion yes its mint and there are very few left in this good of shape but...so what? Its an integra? Not a type r or anything.. just an integra? I say build it to an autocross car. Its your car do what you want, keep all of the parts and return it to stock after if you ever do find a seat. It shouldn't rot anymore if it isnt winter driven.
    2013 Kawasaki ZX14r- 8.85@156
    2016 Ford F-150
    2004 Kawasaki zx10r-9.45@150(sold)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-sold
    2013 Ford Focus ST- sold
    2006 Yamaha R6- sold

Quote Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS View Post
    As for autocrossing this, it's not fast, I think it's something like 130hp in its prime, so I would be doing all the weight reduction if I do decide this is an autocross car for summer, which means interior delete and a lighter racing seat.
    Why would you do that just because you are autocrossing? Almost nobody deletes interiors to rip around a parking lot in T-bay for fun (Except maybe Marc )

Keep the interior in and just autocross it, who cares if it adds .02 seconds to your time because of weight. Autocross is about driver skill.

A good experienced autocross driver could take your same car out after you think you are going as fast as you can.... and still blow your time out of the water.

Hell, if you put a better driver in a civic with half the power as mine... he would still probably beat my time.

There is no cash prize, its about chasing your own times and becoming a better driver.

MANUAL SWAP .... it can be done super clean and neat, and make the car more fun.
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Well I have a winter and summer daily, so I don't need this car at all, I bought it for autocross to make a dedicated track car but still street legal because I don't have a trailer and need to get it to the events, I'm just second guessing my decision because it's so clean I kind of want to restore it and sell it, buy something miles out from out of town where there's no salt and build that instead with the profits from this.

But that's all dependent on finding the same original seat and how much it's going to cost me for rear quarters or at the least two cuts from a clean shell at a scrap yard.

A dedicated track car? .... that makes no sense just for autocross, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

You are going to dump thousands of dollars of parts, plus insurance, and tons of time into a car just to rip around a parking lot a few times a summer..... that everyone else does with their daily drivers?

All that to make it go around a tiny bit faster than your other car?

I know you are tying to justify keeping this car because its nice and you got it so cheap.... but just safety it and sell it. It sounds like it doesn't belong.
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

I currently have 11 vehicles, I like for each of them to have one dedicated use, and taking up space is a use.. lol

But seriously, autocross is just the beginning obviously, I wouldn't be considering a stripped interior for just autocross, I've never gone racing so I'll start there, and see where that leads, to tracks, drag, etc and see what direction I end up building the car for, so if I do decide to keep it for racing, I'll be looking into a cage and fuel cell a few years down the road as I progress/track regulations for the car.

It's more of a "I'm committed race car" so my scattered mind can't back out and buy another fucking Volkswagen lol

I would also never drive my summer daily for autocross
    That car isn't built yet, still working out the numbers, so it's still on the DL and we'll just leave it at that.

But that's why I bought this, to make into a race car, but it's just really clean and I don't know if I want to commit just yet lol. It won't be until spring anyway so I have lots of time to think it over and make a game plan.

I also ordered the new tank so when it comes in, I'll get it installed and the car will be getting inspected for safety right after, hopefully same day if the schedule isn't booked.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 03-05-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Put a manual transmission in it and come and do the road course at both MAP events this summer. you don't need a roll cage, or fuel cell. Just a Snell helmet, race pads + race brake fluid. Cheapest track racing you can do.

There is no reason to cage or fuel cell unless you are entering sanctioned race leagues in the states... which means you have $20,000+ to blow every summer, and don't work.
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Re: Project: Bought not Built (C240)

Safety it and drive it, you'll love it. Step one. When you have time do the manual swap and start racing it... Then you have so many options for how to mod it, take your time. These cars are pretty light as is, ditch the jack/spare. I can't see the interior weighing much more then a hundred pounds, I'd leave it in for a daily. Head swap, K swap, boost, LSD, coils, sways, tires, etc. etc. Options are limitless, just enjoy driving it for now.

Marc knows my new summer daily, so hush hush.. for now lol.
    Also it's good to know I don't need a cage or fuel cell for road course events unless they're sanctioned. This is the kind of information I need.

I'm putting the new tank in tomorrow and it should be getting safetied Monday as long as nothing goes wrong with the install pushing my time frame back.

Summer daily things didn't happen, so this is my new summer daily! ..for now, I'm sure another car or 42 will pop up between now and when summer meets actually roll around.

Anyway, I'll add some content, I've done a LOT to this car since the last post, I changed my blinker side DRL bulb.. yep.. only thing that's gone wrong, a single bulb.. That's literally it, and it's been burned out for about two weeks because I'm a lazy piece of shit.

I was going to change just the one, but, I ended up changing both and the signal bulbs as well with amber bulbs.

Original clear bulbs

New amber bulbs

Like, I'm not even kidding, this is all I've done to the car since I got it, and I just did this an hour ago..

Original clear bulbs

New amber ones

I'm literally wasting your bandwidth on maintenance right now..

I also picked up a set of 15x7" +35 BBS Moda M1's.. The factory wheels are 14x6" +45, this means I should have a 22.7mm poke and 2.7mm inset, so, lets hope these fit once the new tires come in, I'm trying to decide between a few different tires at the moment so I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting so I'll leave it at that for now.

So far all I've done was take the tires off, two are good, the other two are completely fucked and I can buy a full set of Toyo's or different generation Falkens for the price of two replacement tires to match the other two, so I'm cutting my losses on the tires and putting the two good ones on Kijiji and buying a whole new set, but as mentioned, I'm not sure which ones I want yet, need to do some review hunting. I'm fully restoring these wheels and painting them with a pearl white and gold metal flake I have left over from another project, it's almost this exact colour.

So these wheels should be kinda neat I guess, I don't know, they'll be better than the 14" steelies with wheel covers, lighter too which was my main concern and a smaller side wall for less roll.
    #starttheweightreduction
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 03-19-2017 at 09:26 PM.

I saw you driving a few days ago, the car looks good. The colour of this sticks out quite a bit as well!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Member test

Re: 1992 Acura Integra RS ..I did a thing

Did you get my PM about the parts car. ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast