Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Go for it in Class A -(Slicks, Turbo, Engine Swap) or spend some time in Class B

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Class A (Go for it!)

2 25.00%
  • Class B (Get some seat time)

6 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT 2009 (NC) Newbie getting into performance parts

Re: Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT 2009 (NC) Newbie getting into performance parts

Quote Originally Posted by dart57 View Post
    Yes they do.
    I beg to differ
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by Mx5 View Post
    I was thinking of the high temp stuff for Brainerd as I am a newbie I will probably rub my brakes too hard and may boil the fluid as I don't know what I am doing!!!
    If you're running the road course then I would recommend starting with stainless lines, track pads and ATE fluid. See how your breaks feel after a few 20 minute sessions. If you're sticking to autox only, even if you're dragging your brakes, you won't ever reach boiling point on a 40 sec autox run.

I mean imagine seeing the v8 miata on a drag strip in person!!! Doesn't make me a better driver but it will look really cool!!!
    You do have a very valid point right there! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcGSR View Post
    If you're running the road course then I would recommend starting with stainless lines, track pads and ATE fluid. See how your breaks feel after a few 20 minute sessions. If you're sticking to autox only, even if you're dragging your brakes, you won't ever reach boiling point on a 40 sec autox run.
    Thanks marc, I thought they let us run autox on the road course but I realize now that it's a separate setup. Now I have to ask again if I can get on the road course without the rollbar or if the are enforcing a broomstick test. Not sure I can get the car ready before the event in brainerd if that is the case
    2009 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT

Now I have to ask again if I can get on the road course without the rollbar or if the are enforcing a broomstick test. Not sure I can get the car ready before the event in brainerd if that is the case
    I don't remember seeing them do a broomstick test and I do remember seeing convertibles without roll cages on the road course but it doesn't hurt to ask and the last time I was there on the road course was 2015. The only requirement that you have to make sure you meet is that you absolutely have to have high temp brake fluid and have high temp track pads otherwise they won't let you on the track. Street pads won't cut it and they've had a few incidents in past years with people cooking their brakes. You will usually experience brake fade before you boil the fluid unless you haven't changed your fluid in a few years and it's the stuff that came with the car.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12