Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: 2002 Fresco Passat Avant

Project: 2002 Fresco Passat Avant

Some of you already know that I ordered this a few months ago and it just came in right after I got back from Montreal, since then I've been changing a few things here and there just taking my time but it's getting pretty close to me bringing it out for the rest of summer so here we go.
    It's a Frecso Green 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS Avant, 1.8T with 5 speed manual, heated black leather interior, AC glove box, sunroof, it's loaded.

As soon as I got it home I put some Audi A4 17's on it

Later that same night just before I put it away so I could work on it

It also came with a set of Momo X-43 18x8.5 wheels, the one wheel out from the stack is cracked, I've already taken the tire off and have had it aside to start working on fixing it, going to send it out to have it welded once I get it straight again. I could send the one cracked wheel away and have it refinished for me back to factory colour, or, it would cost the same for me to straighten it myself, get someone to weld it, and for me to do a full colour change on all four wheels.. so naturally I'm going with the latter.

Timing belt was done, still have to do the alternator belt and AC belt, none are needed, just keeping up on maintenance before a problem occurs.

Time for euro mods, boring old white DRL light

Euro AF amber DRL and polished the headlights

I actually had a burned out license plate light so I change both with LEDs

And then got really carried away and changed every single interior light with LEDs

I start detailing the interior, for some reason only the drivers side OEM floor mat is missing, and so far I haven't been able to find one of these at a scrap yard in town for a replacement OEM rubber floor mat

Got it put away in the yard and took the A4 wheels off, gave them to Adam for his URS4

I had a lot of moisture in one tail light, took it off, found a crack along the lens seam, sealed it up, water tested, no moisture, good to go.

Brakes were working way too good so I had to shitty them up a bit, made sure everything was black to match my soul.

And now I started doing some things

I'm going to try and get the rear brakes done, new diverter valve on, and attempt to tackle the Alternator and AC belts tomorrow, start on the wheels this week, and hopefully if everything can go right, the car will be out again this coming weekend, maybe with the Momo X-43's on it, but that's a stretch

Re: Project: 2002 Fresco Passat Avant

niced find
    i used to have a similar passat wagon and loved it,
    would look sick slammed on some nice wheels.
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

I'm making a custom intake with AEM drop in filter with gold heat wrap between the turbo and intake to get those temps down, coilovers, and a larger diameter catted downpipe before I get the Stage 1+ from Unitronics, it should bring it to about 220hp, I'll see how the clutch holds up after that, if it lives, I'm done, if it slips, I'll look into upgrading it to something heavy, and then with all this new clutch to burn off, it'll be getting an Audi TT fuel pump, Audi TT injectors, Audi R8 coilpacks, toss on a K04, I'll need an upgraded fuel pressure regulator and then hit up Unitronic for their Stage 2+ which should be around 260hp.

Honestly if I get anything around 200hp at the wheels, I'm done, that's all I need for a daily/road trip machine
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 07-24-2017 at 12:39 PM.

nice, looking forward to this build..
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

Finally you're back to fucking with VW's.. Benny and a Honda - what the fuck..

Yeah fuck Honda's.. stupid reliable cars, great fuel economy, cheap parts but I wouldn't know because they never break down... Fuck those things lol

But actually this car is going to be mint, I'm so excited to have cup holders again, you didn't even understand the struggle until you don't have them, and doing border runs with cruise control is going to be amazing.

You really don't appreciate those options until you don't have them on your daily and it just make everything more work.

Like, air conditioning, AC cooled glove box for bottles of water, leather interior so it's going to be a million times easier to clean, cruise control, cup holders, power locks, power windows, a sunroof, I'm so stoked, like I can't even haha

This isn't going to be a crazy build or anything, just a mildly modded daily and maybe some stereo upgrades but nothing super crazy.

Nice purchase Ben, very functional!

Quote Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS View Post
    This isn't going to be a crazy build or anything, just a mildly modded daily and maybe some stereo upgrades but nothing super crazy.
    I'm so down with that it's not even funny. All these high dollar, high hp cars make me so intimidated.. Being fast as hell is extremely impressive but for me it's just so unrealistic. I don't have the space, skill set, or funds for the crazy shit the guys on here are getting up to. Mildly modded dailies are where my heart lives. Something that's unique to you and serves your needs.. Like a simple K04 and Uni software 1.8T with mild breathing modifications, dropped enough that it looks good but not so low you can't actually drive the car everywhere you'd want, with some nice big wheels. Well thought out stereo and some exterior mods to clean it up and bam. Fun daily.

Yeah that's basically my entire build in a nutshell

Shittied up the rear brakes

Had an argument with this

But I got it done

And then argued some more with this

But I got that done too

More arguing with this, yes that dremel was used for removing the old diverter valve, but I got the Forge diverter valve set to 8-10psi and installed

Had to buy this because my intake temps were just so.. so high.. with.. with all that stock boost.. I just think it looks neat, I don't care if it makes a difference, it's purely for show

Got it all back together, went camping, it does wagon things, pretty lit, I'm content

Picked up a set of 18x8 +20 Audi S6 wheels, they're fake AF

Mounted and road force balanced some shitty Pirelli tires on them (note to self, Pirelli tires are fucking assholes to mount)

And this is currently how it sits

So far my parts list continues to racelands because I'm a piece of shit and don't care about having nice things, K04-015, 386cc injectors, Audi TT fuel pump, Audi R8 coil packs, 3 bar fuel pressure regulator, 2.5-3" catted down pipe to factory exhaust, heat wrap for the down pipe (obviously just for show), fog light grille, euro hatch, apply gold heat tape to intake shield, turbo shield, and fuel rail, and once all this is done, Unitronics Stage 2+ because snapping axles will be my new day job, should have shy of 300lb-ft of torque when done.

Long road ahead still, guarenteed won't be done this year so the build will probably take a faster pace through out the winter once it's tucked away.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 08-14-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Senior Member test

Pro tip. Red audi coil packs ("R8") are like $30 each at VW. OEM Audi. The OEM VW ones for the Tiguan were $50 each. Finger that one out because I can't. And no, they didn't make any difference minus fixing the misfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Yeah, they're cheaper at the dealer than ECS, and they just provide a more consistent source of power from what I read so it's a solid OEM+ upgrade over factory.

EDIT:
    God dammit, Alyssa left herself signed in on my laptop

Removed the headunit from the Integra and installed it into the Passat, quickly colour matched the lighting to match the car, looks and sound so much better than that basic ass Panasonic the previous owner installed.

We did this

It ran this

and I bought this

Why did you buy another Passat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast