Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello, I found this forum a few weeks ago and I decided to register, about a week ago I bought a 98 Civic LX with manual trans. Everything in the car is original other than some ugly hub caps painted black with one winter tire on the passenger rear of the car. Everything including intake and even head unit are even stock with the only thing put on the car by the previous owner being an exhaust tip on the oem exhaust. I got the car for $350 and I know what you are thinking that's pretty cheap, what's wrong with the car? Well I bought the car from a guy that I sort of know, all I was told about the car is that it needs a starter, Struts, windshield, brakes, driver door and window don't open, and a few small things. I went to go look over the car and I found out it was under coated front to back and was rust checked since new and the guy was given the car by his father and it also was a family driven car all of life with regular maintenance done. I got the car home and the first thing i did was try jump starting the car and it fired right up and most of the problems the guy explained just simply weren't there at all except for the driver door not opening, driver window being a little stubborn, brakes needed. And windshield. And I forgot to say that the paint on the car is absolutely terrible and the car has a few dents and a smaller rust spot on the driver rear quarter and a cracked bumper. But to me the appearance apart from the wheels doesn't bother me too much at the moment I more just want to focus on making it a fun car after I safety it. Wondering what you guys think about it.
    Last edited by Widesnicks123; 09-17-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Re: Introduction

Sounds like a good starting point and being a Civic, parts are plenty. Start fixing up those bigger problems like the door and the breaks so you don't die an post up some pictures when you get a chance. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! I now do have a few pictures of the car but I cannot seem to get the pictures to upload. I am also on a phone so maybe that might be why. Will try uploading from my computer maybe tomorrow sometime.

Use a third party image hosting site like Google Images or flickr. I've been having problems with native attachments on the forum.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/winINbfo2jTy0JHE2
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HhA1aJc5mr227moJ2
    These are the only pictures I have of the car currently I took theses when I went and bought the car

Senior Member test