Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: User Feedback

Re: User Feedback

Have we ever been part of this site?
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/
    '09 GT 6MT PRHT Liquid Silver Metallic
    High Performance DBA Slotted rotors, Porterfield RS4 pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, RL-600 Full Synthetic Brake Fluid

I tried it for Autocross registration for a couple years with the Thunder Bay Autosport Club but out of, say, 30 participants maybe 5 used it including myself. The BOD didn't want to give a discount for pre-registering with MotorsportReg so there was no incentive for people to use it.

got it, so we should implement a $2 surcharge for registering at the track on the day of, instead of pre-registering
    High Performance DBA Slotted rotors, Porterfield RS4 pads, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, RL-600 Full Synthetic Brake Fluid

If there was incentive to pre-register and online payments, imagine how much work and time could be saved at the track. Then again, a lot of people make their choice in the morning, depending on the weather.

User Feedback

Deleted
    Last edited by Mx5; 05-07-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Not on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Personally, I loathe Facebook and only keep it around because of the car club I run, media projects and my side business. It's almost become a frickin utility with how much it's integrated into the modern world.

I have experimented with Vanilla forums. What are you planning to use Marc?
    Hey Jake, couldn't have put it better myself. We're currently using vB4 and I've purchased vB5 Connect which I have set up already on a test forum and am just slowly working through features/bugs. I'm hoping to merge the live site this summer.

Nothing wrong with the forum, I hate Facebook groups, everytime some dick head adds me, I have to leave so it doesn't fill my notifications with a bunch of trash, nothing on there is car related anymore and everyone just compares dick sizes.
    I haven't been active because of my new job, I work 24/7 now, sleep kinda.. rarely happens anymore, I also have a few other vehicles I haven't had time to post anywhere.

But like mentioned above, Thunder Bay car scene is dead, Lakehead Auto Enthusiasts killed it *shots fired* It started off mint and then it just kept going down hill, no one actually does anything, just meet at Tim's and talk shit on each other, or play face and then hear all the bull shit people say about you when you leave, car scene here is just a bunch of highschool girls gossiping about their dick sizes.

I haven't attended any events, meets, cruises, anything since last year, and even then it slowly degraded until I only went to the bigger Halfway organized meets but even those were kind of sketchy, like the Fall Colours Cruise? That was.. interesting.. road was just brutal, like I have a $3000+ camera setup, I can flat out run with my camera and the footage will be stable, my video was shaky as hell, there was no amount of glidecam and 5 axis stabling that could fix how bad those roads were. I understand they wanted good scenery but going 120-180km/h the entire way in a stock height GTR and 370z, kind of unfair to us in lowered cars, I couldn't even take the Passat, had to take the Mazda which only has lowering springs so it's not even slammed and we still bottomed out so many times we completely gave up trying to stay with the group and fell behind for the sake of the car. Travis mucked his subframe pretty good and even broke one of his eibach lowering springs from that cruise.

I honestly don't miss a second of it. What I do miss is the legit TB Motoring meets at TD. That was how you really do a meet, not a bunch of kids bitching in a parking lot being immature and ruining it for everyone by doing burnouts and shit.
    TB Motoring is the last tie to a decent car scene this shit hole city has left, I was actually considering moving because the only tie I had left here was the car scene and hanging out having a good time but it became so cancerous I was done with it, I don't want any part of what this scene is now.

The car scene here was going down hill so bad I wasn't going to come back from Montreal after Eurokracy, and the plan was to stay there this year but that was before I got my new job so now I'm stuck in this shit hole awhile longer. But my job is deadly so I'm not even mad, I just avoid the car scene like the plague, because it's literally the plague..

I thought about making some build threads but, I just kind of lost interest in caring about cars, the entire life style got sucked out of me by LAE, I just don't see the point, "this is my new GLI, it has an intake, tune, springs, wheels, yay" and then there's going to be 1% of people who think it was cool, the rest are just going to talk shit saying how I rot on my car "all the time" and I'm an idiot because I did a pull a few times for my own entertainment. Like, sorry I've offended your plasti-dip.. I'm just having fun for myself, I'm not going to ruin my tires doing burnouts or possibly endanger others by speeding like an idiot for their gossip girl thrive. The car is lightly modded, basic tune, it's only like 250hp, and not dyno'd, just what the tuning company said it should be around. It's fun for me as a daily, I don't really care anymore to make a build because of LAE, they killed the car scene. That's my conclusion on why TB Motoring traffic has been so slow, LAE ruined it. They became the bigger group by having daily meets, and everyone goes there instead of posting, but the meets are shit so the people who actually sit down and grind working on cars doing mint builds don't even bother posting for like 20% of the forums members left who don't participate with LAE.

Kind of a catch 22, no one posts because no one's here, no one's here cause no one posts.

I would say start holding legit meets again at TD or possibly the old Sears lot and have a decent cruise through the city and a decent highway drive somewhere, the good old days, Crystal Beach, kakabeka, Terry fox, not some brutal back roads that haven't been paved in 42 years.

Good meets will bring people back, people will keep coming back for meet dates and event info. Once more people come back for info more people will start posting.

/Rant

So I have been hanging back on this thread purely because I didn't want to get involved in it.... BUT now I'm going to.

Marc, TB Motoring was the first car club I was a part of. It was the highlight of my week to go out after an autocross race and go for a cruise. It was my first time being in a car community and I loved every second of it. That being said, it got bad near the end. Every meet we would do at the end of TBM's run, we would sit in the lot and wait for you to show up, and by the time you got there we wouldn't have enough light left to go anywhere but Terry Fox. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it got kind of stale. We also went from having meets after every autocross, to sometimes. They got farther and farther apart. Add rain outs to the mix and you only end up with a few events throughout the season. I know that if you were to organize the after autocross meets again I would 100% be in attendance.

LAE started as a small group of guys who hung out talking about cars. Much like we all used to. That grew over time to the point when they started a Facebook page to keep in touch. There are people there nightly. I wouldn't call those "meets" I would call that just friends hanging out. As for the "CANCER", I would not put that on the people of LAE so much as I would put it on Facebook itself. Making rude or stupid comments is much easier to do than it is on a forum, and I believe that if TB Motoring were to have started a Facebook page it would have ended up very much the same. Most of those same people that get referred to as drama starters and immature were in TB MOTORING as well.

The cruises that myself and Brad put on were a way for us to get out and do something for the car community. We continued to do the cruises after Autocross even after Marc stopped organizing them. We put on typically 4 Cruises a year (SPRING, SUMMER, FALL, WINTER) these are mapped and planned well in advance. Last year on our fall cruise we had the unfortunate situation of running into worse roads than we thought on HWY 593 with the construction they were doing. We normally try to drive the entire route ahead of time to make sure that the roads are in good shape. We cant control when the road crews start doing work. As for the "slammed cars" name a road that's not the highway that you can drive down without scraping and make a cruise out of...I'll wait.

Myself and Brad will continue to put these cruises on. Even though I am no longer working at Halfway Motors. I always post these cruises on this forum every time we do them. I get one response to these posts IF I'M LUCKY. That's why we chose to post through LAE. I havent gotten a single response on here for the fathers day cruise, but I have 20 confirmed going on LAE more than a month in advance.

Marc, if you would like to be a part of something with these feel free to message me, or if you have some time swing by Toyota and see me.

As a suggestion I would say plan the cruises after the autocross events. Put some effort into them and I wouldn't be surprised if you had a massive turnout like we did back in 2014.

AND GET ME A DAMN STICKER MARC
    Last edited by Lheney; 05-10-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    Nothing happens unless somebody sells something.

2017 Nissan 370z Chicane Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by MarcGSR View Post
    I tried it for Autocross registration for a couple years with the Thunder Bay Autosport Club but out of, say, 30 participants maybe 5 used it including myself. The BOD didn't want to give a discount for pre-registering with MotorsportReg so there was no incentive for people to use it.
    Because Thunder Bay is where forward thinking goes to die

I think I was one of the few people to ever use the online registration and it was super easy. Its a great idea to save a couple bucks and save sooooo much front end time on race day. That way we can get out there and get things going much quicker.

Timeliness creates credibility and credibility creates respect in the community over time. Not that we dont have any, I just mean the continuous improvement upon that credibility and respect is important.

Its hard to advertise it as a spectator event and "starts at X time" when it then starts at "X +2hrs", as an example.
    Last edited by mazdaspeed; 05-10-2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Lheney View Post
    As for the "CANCER", I would not put that on the people of LAE so much as I would put it on Facebook itself. Making rude or stupid comments is much easier to do than it is on a forum, and I believe that if TB Motoring were to have started a Facebook page it would have ended up very much the same. Most of those same people that get referred to as drama starters and immature were in TB MOTORING as well.
    I don't consider myself a drama starter and I never really posted in the group, maybe once in a blue moon and I'm not sure if you're an admin on LAE but would you be able to explain then why I got banned from the group for apparently no reason whatsoever?
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I am not an Admin, nor was I aware that you had been banned.

I have no say over what happens in that group. I am just a member telling my experiences with the groups.
    Nothing happens unless somebody sells something.

2017 Nissan 370z Chicane Yellow

You guys are funny

I'm going to close this before it gets out of hand.

To clarify one point, organizing meets is a lot of work! Especially when already helping with autox events (registration, timing & scoring, racing, tear down) then trying to make it home to unpack and run to a meet again. I stopped meets purposely. With that being said, a big thank you to Brad and Liam for keeping up some car related events. I will likely start meets up next summer but for now I'm concentrating on improving the forum experience and getting the site updated. I can only encourage people to start posting content and hope you see the benefits of the site.

There are a lot of people that come on here to read and don't post, just something to keep in mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12