Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Inspiration

Inspiration

I've wanted to have a central spot to post stuff like this for a while now, just to sort've.. explain myself?

Every time I do a shoot I see something I did wrong, I see what could be improved next time - I always think my shots aren't "good enough". Some people seem to think I'm looking for compliments to boost my lack of self esteem, or I need an ego boost, or I'm too hard on myself - I'm not really sure.. Either way, I wanted to try and clear the air and make it a little more clear on what I mean when I rag on my own work (which I am never 100% happy with.. Not even close)

A few photographers I love following are VisualEchoes (Andrew) in Missouri, Mike Boldt in Calgary, and Sean Klingelhoefer from L.A.. And a few others - but those are kinda my top 3 so far.

I want to showcase some of their work to show you guys what I'm working towards, I want my shots to get to this level, and obviously go past this level - so this is what I mean by my stuff isn't "good enough" when there are so many crazy good photographers out there, at a level I'm not at yet...

Some Mike Boldt - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeboldt/

VisualEchoes - http://www.flickr.com/photos/visualechos/

Sean - www.SeanKlingelhoefer.com

I'd like to keep updating this thread with what I personally find really, really cool - and encourage others to post up what they like to see and I'll work towards pleasing people. I'd like to learn how to take/process a picture the way you guys want when I do a shoot of your rides.. You are the customer, after all..

Re: Inspiration

i dig!

Last edited by IhateUSERnames; 06-16-2012 at 08:39 AM.

So mint^^^

Sean "Jesus" Klingelhoefer does do some amazing work. He is on the Super street staff, I really like the Mike Boldt Front Integra Type R front shot with the blur background and also the Lotus on the autumn road shot from rear...amazing

Quote Originally Posted by 96 gmc f u View Post
    all stick with v8s dumass

Would love to take pics like that someday... Just picked up a dslr cam not to long ago n been reading up on some info about fstops/shutter speeds/aperture and all that good stuff... Gonna take a while to hopefully I'll eventually get there

here are a few ive always liked nothing special just some nice pics i like...

I'm not sure if you've ever visited this site but Stancenation.com has got some pretty good pictures and amazing cars. I'm on the website every damn day.

Quote Originally Posted by tinma88 View Post
    Would love to take pics like that someday... Just picked up a dslr cam not to long ago n been reading up on some info about fstops/shutter speeds/aperture and all that good stuff... Gonna take a while to hopefully I'll eventually get there
    Same here man, theres a lot of good info online.

Kevin, have you tried using light room? Its a great way to enhance your pictures. I know some people go over board with it, but Im willing to bet the pictures you posted have had some tweaking

2013 Argento FR-S

I just pirated Lightroom, haven't installed it yet. I've used it in the past and prefer photoshop more as I'm more familiar with it but I've been meaning to try lightroom again as it has a better batch editing system. I also don't do any specialized editing on different layers 95% of the time so photoshop is overkill for what I use it for..

Some photos from a local photographer here in BC. I'm assuming it's different shooting action shots than it is shooting still shots but I still thought these were pretty good.

Attachment 2916

something like that anyway...

My inspiration

Oh wait no this is

And I was fortunate enough to make it reality.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Senior Member evolutionrevolution's Avatar

So much freedom !