Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Possibly Looking for Body Work

Possibly Looking for Body Work

Hey everyone.
    I was going to sandblast some rust on my car and paint. The rust isen't through the panels yet but there is rust showing up in the door jams, along the rocker pannels, in the gas tank door, and on one of my quarter panels.

My car is black and I don't give a crap if it looks amazing when it is fixed, I just want the rust to stop spreading before I start to get holes in my car.

I honestly was going to just borrow a sandblaster from my neighbour, however if anyone is good at doing this I would not mind paying them to do it, seeming as I have never done it before and I am sure anyone can do a better job then me.

If not maybe someone can recommend a good body shop that is not a huge lot of money.
    I took my car to breeny's when it was new, however the price they qouted me this time (with it 9 yeras old) is about what the car is now worth.

Thanks

---------- Post added 07-03-2012 at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2012 at 01:23 AM ----------

ok while, then can anyone tell me what to do about surface rust on galvanized steel rocker panels?
    I have been told not to sand blast it or I will lose the galvanization and then it will rust worse.

Re: Possibly Looking for Body Work

to be honest rust is always a loosing battle.. no matter how much you blast it or cut it away it'll always come back. the best way to get rid of rust is buy some pro 15 (or similar product) and paint it on then primer then paint. I'm not a auto body expert but that what i would do.

as for body shops, i co-oped at pinewood ford collision centre way back in the day and most of the guys there are good at what they do, i got my truck completely redone at colourmelt, it took a while and it could of been better, but you get what you pay for. i heard not to go to maco but that was a couple of years ago (don't know if they gotten better) other then that i don't know a lot about the other shops.

I thought Mascarins was one of the most recommended, and I've also heard grassias was good..

Macco sucks donkey dick!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    Macco sucks donkey dick!!!!
    YES THEY DO!! I got ripped off by them a few years ago.