Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My CBR

Senior Member test

Re: My CBR

Quote Originally Posted by effortlessflow View Post
    What year/gen of 600 was this? You could not have started from a dig? Was this on a drag strip or a pull on the highway?
    that was years ago when i was running 350whp. it was 2nd or 3rd till 200kph roughly. it was an early 90s ninja i think.. but ive raced an 01 cbr 600 with mild mods and stuck with and pulled on with the 390whp tune. that was joshes old bike. dana now currently owns it.

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

Sorry buy some of these guys are clue less.....What did charski's 750 yamaha run????11.90....the cbr 600 will not run a 11.5 stock.

nice bike! I have no doudt that this bike is fast, and i think most people probably couldn't ride this bike to it's full poteintal. The thing is the f4i is considered a sport touring bike with around 90 hp . unlike the cbr 600rr which is a acutal sport bike with over a 100hp, in the same league as a zx6, gsxr 600 or r6. That being said a friend of mine raced a 08 gsxr 750 2 years ago terrace bay. I heard all about how it was gunna run 10's and would smoke my car. his tune really changed saturday night when i showed him my timeslip of 10.45 and his was 12.8. i'm sure the bike could have been faster but thats what it ran. anyways nice bike man, race it and have fun. And if you do run 11's or even 10's i guess i was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by spin-z View Post
    that was years ago when i was running 350whp. it was 2nd or 3rd till 200kph roughly. it was an early 90s ninja i think.. but ive raced an 01 cbr 600 with mild mods and stuck with and pulled on with the 390whp tune. that was joshes old bike. dana now currently owns it.
    Hey....i could see you pulling an early 90's ninja on the highway....i could also see you pull a brand new one on the highway...there's no denying that a turbo teg/Honda or whatever would pull on a 600....i would even say that you should beat the 90's ninja on the strip....but a newer 600 (01 or newer) with a good/experienced rider should beat you on the strip if you can't hit a mid 11....for instance Mr Conway, a 2001 zx6r ninja with a PROFESSIONAL rider, ran a 10.98 in the 1/4 mile....i would not expect that sort of result from anyone in thunder Bay....but locals have been close....close being a mid 11....a gixxer 1000 at terrace bay maybe 6 ish years ago ran a 9.98 stock bike except a slip on can and an air filter...i don't recall what tires he ran....the liter bikes will run low 10's....a 600 is capable of 11 flat...of course it takes a good rider....
    Spinz for clarity I'm not knocking you or your car ( i for 1 like both), you beat an old 600, that probably made barely 90 hp, and you pulled by a newer 600 I'm assuming another highway pull...the advantage both times would have been too you....I'll concede that your car would probably have beat the older 6 even from a dig.
    ...but you don't own a timeslip that beats a 600 class supersport.....and when you do, you would have been able to buy a new liter bike with all the money you put in....sportbikes are fast....people that don't think so simply don't know....on the flip side of that....when you put a car together that does beat there timeslip....you won't be on the Internet talking how fast your car is....you'll be on the Internet reading about how fast your car is....

I gotta say, I think you have to be a few screws short of all there to take one of those bikes and drag race it.. Terrifying..

Quote Originally Posted by effortlessflow View Post
    Hey....i could see you pulling an early 90's ninja on the highway....i could also see you pull a brand new one on the highway...there's no denying that a turbo teg/Honda or whatever would pull on a 600....i would even say that you should beat the 90's ninja on the strip....but a newer 600 (01 or newer) with a good/experienced rider should beat you on the strip if you can't hit a mid 11....for instance Mr Conway, a 2001 zx6r ninja with a PROFESSIONAL rider, ran a 10.98 in the 1/4 mile....i would not expect that sort of result from anyone in thunder Bay....but locals have been close....close being a mid 11....a gixxer 1000 at terrace bay maybe 6 ish years ago ran a 9.98 stock bike except a slip on can and an air filter...i don't recall what tires he ran....the liter bikes will run low 10's....a 600 is capable of 11 flat...of course it takes a good rider....
    Spinz for clarity I'm not knocking you or your car ( i for 1 like both), you beat an old 600, that probably made barely 90 hp, and you pulled by a newer 600 I'm assuming another highway pull...the advantage both times would have been too you....I'll concede that your car would probably have beat the older 6 even from a dig.
    ...but you don't own a timeslip that beats a 600 class supersport.....and when you do, you would have been able to buy a new liter bike with all the money you put in....sportbikes are fast....people that don't think so simply don't know....on the flip side of that....when you put a car together that does beat there timeslip....you won't be on the Internet talking how fast your car is....you'll be on the Internet reading about how fast your car is....
    Honestly what have you done, where's does YOUR experience come from?
    Last edited by Curtis_conway; 03-08-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: too much hackin on effortlessflow

Well curtis I illegally raced 600 ninjas for 5 or 6 years between 01 and 06...i made an editorial in the newspaper near the end for leaving the coffeeshop on my back wheel all the time...i road raced gimli a few times as well...I've always had a 4x4 and or a car of some sort since I got my license....i suppose I'm mostly recognized for the bike stuff...because I'm way above "average" on a sport bike...done a fair bit of work on my bikes...
    Anyways not to get auto biographical, I'm in the process of putting together a mildly boosted integra (its a 99 ), a street car, I'm not trying to beat anyone or whatever, it's just a project....i can't even guesstimate what it will put down for whp....it just is what it is or will be....most of the parts are slightly used from a friends earlier builds....I'm basically building a car on the cheaper side of things...( or trying to)....but unless sportbikes got slower in the last 6 years ( which I doubt )....your off the mark....you may or may not know of a guy named bob arella but he has in the past raced at terrace bay....01 he raced a 98 zx6r and did an 11.7 or 11.8 high 11 anyhow....and my 01 was faster than that bike....so don't tell me a more current 600 runs in the 12's....

---------- Post added 03-08-2012 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    I gotta say, I think you have to be a few screws short of all there to take one of those bikes and drag race it.. Terrifying..
    You'd be surprised how stable they are at high speed

---------- Post added 03-08-2012 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_conway View Post
    Honestly what have you done, where's does YOUR experience come from?
    Curtis the 04 f4i probably wouldn't...but I did say above a 600 supersport....on 2nd thought nm....

Good stuff. I kind of backed out on you there. I don't want to tell you about all the slow bikes I've seen and you tell me how all the bikes you seen are rockets. It's all good. bikes and hondas are good. I'm very uneducated when it come to the track! you are smart.I will listen to you.

A friend of mine (above average rider) pulled a 10.4 at terrace bay with his 05 ZX10R. That time is not unreachable (if not reached already) for quite a few cars in town, you would be surprised.
    10 Land Rover LR4 HSE
    97 Supra 863whp 756wtq - 10.22 @ 142.9mph
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac 600awhp 571awtq (track car)
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus V8 supercharged 400hp? TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Yota View Post
    A friend of mine (above average rider) pulled a 10.4 at terrace bay with his 05 ZX10R. That time is not unreachable (if not reached already) for quite a few cars in town, you would be surprised.
    I agree that it can be and has been done....and actually I'm not surprised....There are some really fast cars in town...and whether Spinz runs a high 11 or a low 11 whether he beats the bike or not, he has a fast car....and sure there are faster cars, there's always a faster car....if your car is I mean even a mid 12 is pretty fast....look at the caliber of production car that is running in the low 12's or a high 11....take it further and look at neemas times...There probably isn't any 10 second production cars....or Curt's nova...or his talon that he spent nothing on really...correct me if I'm wrong but he tunes that himself, runs a low 12 at gimli....i was only making 2 points....a the bikes are faster than curt thinks they are....and b even if the car loses to the bike the car is still fast....

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_conway View Post
    What cc's is this one? If its a 600 they run 12's. 1000cc run in the 10's
    That's if they are new and tuned. My ZX10R won't run 10's.

96 gmc f u

any pussy can drive a car it take skill to ride a st bike

This got out of hand real Quick

96 gmc f u

kawa says high 10s for my bike stock ldunno have to run it and see

Quote Originally Posted by 96 gmc f u View Post
    any pussy can drive a car it take skill to ride a st bike
    Yup... 100% agree with you, def. takes skill to ride a bike fast. Thats why Im so excited to see you run yours down a track this summer....

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Your bike has the potential for a low 11 high 10 pass...but "You just can't climb in the ring with Ali, 'cause you think you box."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast