Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Autoslalom (aka autoX)

Autoslalom (aka autoX)

K... Just wanted to point out a few things before this Sundays(July29) autox.

1) It's not just for veterans or hardcore racers. It's for everybody...seriously! (even if all you can find to race is your moms 98 grand am (usually vehicles that roll over easy aren't allowed ie. trucks or Reliant Robins). It's a great way to drive quickly legally, and it WILL help you become a better driver! Really, you are only racing yourself (you'll see you times drop as you get to understand your car)
    2) You'll need a helmet (maybe somebody has lenders?)
    3) Costs are $20 per race ($50 membership is required though and it last for a year
    4) You'll have a blast! There will be a lot of people who are willing to help and give pointers to newbies
    5) Volunteers are needed if you can't race (or know of people who can help....it's easy, all you'll need to do mostly is stand!) contact???
    5) more info and vids here:
    http://tbmotoring.com/threads/89-Autoslalom-2012

Re: Autoslalom (aka autoX)

Nav is exactly right! Come out and have some fun, I GUARANTEE you it's the best 20 bucks you'll ever spend. If you can bring a volunteer it would be much appreciated just make sure you show up before noon. Also, if you don't have a TBAC membership and want to race, it is possible to still get one - just PM me before Sunday or show up at 10am the day of. See you there! PS. my mom races at these events so if she can do it you can too.

I LOVE AUTOSLALOM!!! But seriously it is a whole lot of fun and the club definitely could use the support in terms of volunteers and participants. I really wish I could make it out this Sunday. Look luck to everybody and I look forward to seeing the results!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

its the only and best kind of racing (summer not winter) kind of racing you'll find in thunder bay. I'm not sure whats happening with the dirt track scene tho... heard it might be starting up again..

And there's no running street cars on the dirt track. This I'd totally join if I were still around.

No but there is talk of a class for the ice racer sort of car. Ie four cylinder econo box with a cage.