Single reverse light out
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single reverse light out

Single reverse light out

One of my reverse lights is out on my 05 g35x sedan. Ordered replacements and the right side still will not work-tested the bulb in the left side and it worked. Anyone know what may be the issue ? I don't think it could be the fuse or else both should be out but aren't. Unless there is a seperate fuse for left and right ? Can anyone chime in on what I should do?

I'm pretty sure the stealership will rape me!

Re: Single reverse light out

have you checked to see that the bulb is seated properly on that side? the harness/connector near the bulb is still firm? put the car in reverse and check with a multimeter to determine if there is power there or not.

My Car Log : 08 Subaru 2.5i

http://g35driver.com/forums/3250646-post36.html

I also just found this post, I've heard it is a common problem with this car that if you open and close the trunk very often the wires eventually rub to much sometimes a few wires break.

If this is the case who here is good at wiring

- - - Updated - - -

The socket seems firm and I have adjust the copper connectors in the socket and made sure they are touching the bulb. Seems to seat great, and have flipped the bulb.

I'll have to get a hold of a multimeter! Know where I can find one cheap or does anyone here have one I may borrow

sounds like this car has lots of common problems....

sounds like a typical nissan LOL jk
    Last edited by MarcGSR; 10-05-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Removed quote - Posting Guidelines #4

I honestly haven't had any problems untill now that weren't caused by myself. My cv axle boots were ripped-caused by slamming the car and adding extra stress to the axle which I expected.

Only problem I had in almost 2 years of ownership is this single reverse light out which isn't a big deal to me really at the moment. So I would say pretty damn unproblematic compared to past cars.

I burnt out my multimeter and haven't gotten another yet, they can be had from crappy tire for $15

If it is a wire that had worn/rubbed the hardest part would be locating it. Splicing in a new piece would only take a few minutes for anyone to do. pretty much exactly what that link you posted shows.

My Car Log : 08 Subaru 2.5i

I have a multimeter you can borrow. Like Eric said above, you can pick one up at crappy tire for about $40 bucks unless you pick it up on sale they are about half that.

If you know the bulb is good, seating properly and there is no corrosion on the contacts - take out the tail light that is giving you issues in the mean time and see if you can spot any loose or cut wires. I don't think it will be too hard to track down the source. Once you find the wire, solder and heat shrink it back together to make a solid connection.

The reverse light is a seperate housing, it's basically a completely empty shell lol-no need at all to take that out-nothing is in it. It just has a twist in socket that comes rite out and a wire that connects into it. I can easily get both of those out, I will need to cut open the rubber grommet and pull it through to check for any loose wires.

I will do another day when it is not raining and I'm not so busy

Also hoping not to spend any money rite now on fixing this, so will prob borrow your multimeter one day.

No more modding for me this fall as I'm saving to spend my whole winter in 'merica for 3 months at a few ski resorts. Need more beer monies

I can show you exactly how to fix it, being as how I work at the "stealership", I've repaired a few like yours already. Call or txt 476 7878, Shawn

^^Shawn with the Honda? Ive talked to you before a bunch rite?

thats me, I'd be happy to show u the fix, then u can do it yourself

Is this your correct number ? ( 476 7878 )

Yea right number, I just put two and two together, you txted me about the bulb. Sorry, I'm in the states and wasnt thinking straight. I figured broken wire at the hinge point, fixed a few already.

pfffff dick move McKay - making him get charged extra from roaming in the states.. ruuuuuuuuuuude..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast