Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Re: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

I like your m3 a lot. I also have an alpine white/imola red but mines a 2003.5. Ours are very similar and we have similar future intentions as far as mods. I picked mine up with my dad also about a month after you, but I picked mine up from Chicago. It was the "hamann" one, but good luck. Where are you located?

Thanks, I remember seeing that one for sale on M3forum but it didn't look like it sold until May, I picked mine up in October. If it's the one I'm thinking of it looks like you've removed quite a few of the hamann pieces already. Pretty much everyone on here is from the Thunder Bay & Northwestern Ontario area, I'm guessing you found this thread through google.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    I'm guessing you found this thread through google.
    Yeah under "SEXY M3's" LOL jk

and not to thread jack but i'm from like Toronto area (well 4 h away fromt hat still but w-e) but i'm moving up for schooling, i believed i discussed that in my member intro

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    Thanks, I remember seeing that one for sale on M3forum but it didn't look like it sold until May, I picked mine up in October. If it's the one I'm thinking of it looks like you've removed quite a few of the hamann pieces already. Pretty much everyone on here is from the Thunder Bay & Northwestern Ontario area, I'm guessing you found this thread through google.
    Yeah it did sell in may I assumed since the first post you had was in march that you bought it around that time. And yes I did remove most the hamann pieces. I like the CSL look much better... We need to do some group but on the stage 1 hpf that would be awesome

I agree, even though the HAMANN pieces are more of a a track look, the CSL lines are much cleaner.

Finally got the car back on the road today. Pressed in my new rear trailing arm bushings last night and bled the brakes today with some more ATE super blue racing brake fluid. The ride height is set right around the optimal value recommended by TC Kline, 13.5" F & 13" R (fender to center of wheel), I didn't bother getting it exact as I still have to break in the suspension and get it corner balanced. It rides quite well, at first it seemed softer than stock but once I got into town it was slightly more firm on the really bumpy roads but it wasn't jarring.

Tool I rented to remove and install the RTABs

Removing the RTAB

Old vs new. The older one used a solid metal casing while the new updated one had a split case so that when installed it is compressed more for increased stiffness.

Installing the new RTAB

RTAB limiters

New RTAB and limiters in place, preloaded and ready to mount to the body. The limiters, as there name states, are there to limit the movement of the bushings, minimizing the amount of toe change, increasing handling as well as the life of the bushing.

I'll try and take some pictures of the car tomorrow.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Nice car/ build. Pretty cool seeing a build on a BMW

nice update, should feel better with new and better bushings
    97 LS 240SX LS376/525hp
    97 Supra 863whp 756wtq - 10.22 @ 142.9mph
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac 600awhp 571awtq (track car)
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus V8 supercharged 400hp? TBA

Wow...you've done a ton of work on your car in the past little bit... looks great! I ordered a whole bunch of chassis reinforcement stuff (from uuc) a few months ago... was going to wait for winter for install....glad you tackled it first, because i was hoping to rack your brain when it comes time.

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    Nice car/ build. Pretty cool seeing a build on a BMW
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yota View Post
    nice update, should feel better with new and better bushings
    Definitely feels better, I used to have the car pull to one side when braking and accelerating and it's gone already which was the main reason for changing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nav View Post
    Wow...you've done a ton of work on your car in the past little bit... looks great! I ordered a whole bunch of chassis reinforcement stuff (from uuc) a few months ago... was going to wait for winter for install....glad you tackled it first, because i was hoping to rack your brain when it comes time.
    Only the best for the ultimate driving machine! I've heard mixed things about UUC but I'd definitely be up to helping out with anything you may need. We still have to meet up one of these days

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add pictures... please excuse the dirty car.

It's quite hard to get good pictures because of the black wheels. Up until I got home after driving for a while yesterday, I forgot that I had installed the under drive pulleys. They don't make the car crazy fast but I did notice that the engine revs quite a bit faster in the mid to upper range and the coolant temperature is just a touch higher, which made sense after I remembered I put them in.

Yeah hard to tell with those black wheels! But looks like a 1/2 inch to the eye in pics. I'm sure if I get to see it in person close up I'll notice the ride height difference. Also a before and after pic would have helped!

1 inch in front and 1.5 in the rear. Before pictures here and here

- - - Updated - - -

I'll stop being lazy

sorry i'm a low freak, but i still say go lower, and you'll be my best friend LOL jk

car does look good

put any thought into the "panda" effect

I kinda want to see your car with white wheels and black lips...

................ >_<

Quote Originally Posted by E IN v Y View Post
    sorry i'm a low freak, but i still say go lower, and you'll be my best friend LOL jk

car does look good

put any thought into the "panda" effect
    The rear is sitting a bit high in those pictues and I may go a 1/4 lower all around but it's set at the optimal height right now.

Panda effect is a definite no for me. I've seen a few people with carbon fiber mirror covers and it's not for me. I may go with a gloss black roof eventually but I like the clean OEM look. I found it worked with Kat's car because the STI already came with black mirror bases.

Here's one guy who painted his black
    (can't attach images)

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    I kinda want to see your car with white wheels and black lips...

................ >_<
    Any good at photoshop? Seems like there are a lot of things you want me to do Kevin. If you want you can buy me new wheels or a bunch of plasti-dip, your choice
    I would like white wheels but these things make crazy amounts of brake dust and living on a dirt road doesn't help keep them clean either.

Attachment 1043Attachment 1044Attachment 1045

Click here for more pictures
    Last edited by Nabs; 10-08-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast