Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Re: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

I don't really think the red lip would look good. But that's just my opinion if you like it I say go for it, it's your ride and in the end you have to like it.

Sometimes you can color match to much.

I'm not really sure if I'll like it myself that's why I'm doing it with plasti-dip so I can just peel it off if I don't like it. I got the inspiration from these two guys, here & here, though it's on a red car.

After my exam I went home and tested out the driver's side projector and it turned out to be seated perfectly. Now I just have to test the passenger side and epoxy/bolt the projectors in place, code and wire the car for bi-xenons, put the shrouds on and I will have proper bi-xenon headlights
    I will probably run them as regular xenon + halogen highs until I fully figure out/set up the software for coding.
    In the photos the projector is not in it's proper position as I didn't fully put the frames in. (please excuse the messy garage)

Looks stock, no?

Some ballast love
    Last edited by Nabs; 04-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Great retrofit ! I actually love it. Wish I had money for one =) Maybe after coilovers I'll look into it ! can't wait to see it all done!

Its so hard not to buy things for my civic, specially watching this.

I've wanted to retrofit my civic ever since I got it, Lol. just never got around to buying the Kit from TRS (The Retrofit Source)

Looks really good so far. I'm jealous

i love M3's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and good job on the retrofit! looks almost factory, and i bet the light output is a lot better, now you'll be able to see the deer! i noticed a huge difference (90's sealed beams are shity) after i did the retro fit, deffently recommend it anyone looking at a good upgrade for your lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobsyyy View Post
    I've wanted to retrofit my civic ever since I got it, Lol. just never got around to buying the Kit from TRS (The Retrofit Source)
    if your looking to order parts or even have someone do it I'm pretty sure kevin, (aka "exist") on the forum could give you hand. he helped me when i ordered all my stuff!. if i could remember correctly he's a dealer?.. correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, I still haven't put them back in but I did finish bolting them up and they are back in the housings, now I'm just waiting for the silicon for the shrouds to dry. The other night when I drove it at night I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of me and had a weird u-shape cutoff so I'm real happy to get these in. Now if that stupid snow would melt I can actually take the car out again and test/aim them. And yes, I do believe you can order parts through Kevin, I just picked up some spare shrouds from him to test with different colour schemes on.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

black it out!!!

Black housing, with color-matched White projector shroud would be cool.

Its a G37, but here's the White shroud look I'm talking about.

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    And yes, I do believe you can order parts through Kevin, I just picked up some spare shrouds from him to test with different colour schemes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by IhateUSERnames View Post
    if your looking to order parts or even have someone do it I'm pretty sure kevin, (aka "exist") on the forum could give you hand. he helped me when i ordered all my stuff!. if i could remember correctly he's a dealer?.. correct me if I'm wrong.
    You do not need to be corrected sir, I am an Authorized Retailer for Morimoto products through The Retrofit Source. Lightwerkz, Black Flame, Prolyghtz etc. are all the same as I am in terms of being a retailer... The site has unfortunately not been updated recently to reflect "SLB" (me) - maybe I'll get on that.

http://www.morimotohid.com/products.html
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com

And Nabs, I think white shroud would look interesting on your car, but I'd REALLY like to see white with a red lip (the inside lip of those E46-R shrouds, very thin...) to just be a little more different, stand-outish..

I love the "stock" look some obtain (lightwerkz, for example) with their retrofits, but after all the work, time, money, energy etc.. of doing a proper retrofit I like people being able to tell something isn't stock in there so please consider some colour

Looked very nice when I saw the progress Nabs, like you've done this before =). Good luck!

Thanks Kevin, I will do that white with red lip just for you and I plan on running that one first. I was trying to see if it would be possible to do get the dimples red on the full white shroud but it seems like too much work. Everything is ready to go, the headlights are in the car and are working flawlessly, I'm just waiting to find a good way to mount the shrouds so that they are removable without having to take the full housing out again (silicon did not work). I'm going to give some abs pipe a shot and see how that works. Also if this stupid weather would warm up I could finish everything up and pull out the car to aim the lights, snow + summer tires = not a good time.

The few schemes I'm thinking of are:
    • full white shroud (red inner lip) in black housing
    • white on black shroud in black housing
    • white on black shroud in white housing
    • chrome shrouds in white housing

I will take a picture of each and see what you all think.

I'm too lazy to upload and post the pictures I took last night so here is a quad retrofit with the inner shrouds painted white: QUADS!!!
    Last edited by Nabs; 04-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Try that shroud centric ring and see if it works for ya. Abs is going to be hard.. I made a ring from an 80mm computer fan tunnel.. worked "okay" but the shroud fell off in the long run.

The ring works, thanks again, only problem is there is only one. I was going to cut a small section out of the pipe and heat it to see if I can shape it to fit. If that doesn't work I was thinking of trying some double sided tape on the top and sides of the shroud, seeing as the top of the shroud sits right on top of that notch I cut in the projector. I also found out why the shrouds didn't fit, the top of the shroud is sagging so I'm going to have to heat them up and try to straighten it.

all 4 shrouds are sagging ? The rings are only like 3 bucks.. but shipping them up to Canada takes foreverrrrrrr due to customs .. It's honestly worth it to just drive to Rydens for a 5 dollar part.. ha..

... unless you want to grab some 50w ballasts to really make those FXR's shine

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast