Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Re: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Lol as far as sensors that's what I found too and race car huh? More rasp is good- Just be prepared to be pulled over for nothing as a bike screaming at 100 decibels putts down a side street beside you hahah. What do you have planned next? :p

My car is actually quite quiet, it's only when you hit 3500rpm that it really opens up and I don't drive like an idiot so I think I'm good.

Not really sure what is next. Still trying to figure out how to get a custom tune and then I'll go from there other than a few little things here and there. My current plan is enjoy the hell out on the track for now and maybe break 200km/h legally
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

The car performed quite well this past weekend. I had a little issue with understeer here and there but that was easily fixed by adjusting the shocks and my driving. I ended up hitting 200km/h but then when I pushed it just a little harder the car decided to do a complete 360 into the grass and fill the interior with dirt. Yesterday morning the track was completely wet and on the first session of the morning I went over some rumble strips entering a slight turn which unsettle the car and did the same thing except this time I got pretty close to the wall. The final incident was on the next and final session for me in which it rained right before and the whole track was glased over. I went to overtake a Dodge Charger on a straight and hit a big patch of water causing the car to hydroplane into the grass filling it with dirt again. The first two incident caused no damage luckily but the last one took a big patch of paint of the front bumper and either knocked a wheel weight off or bent a wheel, no real mechanical damage. I have videos of the last two incident that I'll try and post up.

Also took the car drag racing, my first time ever, after about 5+ passes I finally started to get the hang of it and during an EPIC race got pumped by Cale but ran my best time of 13.731 @ 104. My excuse is I was running on T.Bay fuel The car definitely has more in it, I just need to work on the launches a bit more. My best 60' was a 2.27 during the very last run against Cale. Overall it was quite fun and I thought I would just do it once and be done with it but it turned out to be much harder than I thought, and even though I was disappointed with my first few runs (14.90 lol) I was determined to get a mid 13 and I just kept working at it until it seemed like I got the hang of it.

Other than that I picked up a bunch of stuff from the border while down there. Picked up my set of racing pads which performed amazingly, some plasti-dip, a proper DA polisher (Griot's) and a bunch of other detailer equipment and products. Next time I'm home I'll probably get the front and rear bumpers repainted and try my hand at polishing my VW as practice for the M3.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Sweet glad you had fun, seems like it was a great time!
    Neema

9.75 @ 143.41 MPH

923 hp 735 ft/lbs

In-Car Video Link

Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Reserved for later
    Last edited by Nabs; 07-11-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Looks like this will need to be updated now... >_>

Hey! I want a shot like this!
    97 LS 240SX LS376/525hp
    97 Supra 863whp 756wtq - 10.22 @ 142.9mph
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac 600awhp 571awtq (track car)
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus V8 supercharged 400hp? TBA

That picture was 9 months in the making! It was definitely worth the wait and as always Kevin did an amazing job. Thanks to Dan (JeepThing) as well for driving the camera car!
    Last edited by Nabs; 07-11-2013 at 01:07 PM.

You've got great composition in this shot. Fantastic shot Kev!!

Daily Driven, Slammed 99' Honda Civic SiR (EM1)
    "You get what you pay for."

Check out my Flickr Photostream

Thanks guys! And yes, thanks to Dan for driving my car - he re-learned standard pretty quick while I was huddled in the back seat..

I tried something a little "overdone" on the first shot, tighter crop as well.. Just to see.

For a first attempt I'm not honestly satisfied with how soft they came out (camera shake, vibration etc.) - something I totally need practice with.. Nabs - I hope you like 'em though
    Last edited by exist; 07-11-2013 at 04:19 PM.

I absolutely love them Kevin! I'm up for being a test subject again with the new setup (Please excuse the filth on the car as it was raining that day and even though we wiped the car down before taking the pictures it got dirty again)

that 1st shot looks like something straight from forza!

Those shots look awesome! Someone set up an all white car photoshoot now!
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Started my little bumper project last night.

It's in pretty rough shape due to driving it on the track at Gimli (road rash) and Brainerd.

Oops...

The bumper has obviously been repainted before but it doesn't seem like it was a very professional job as there is overspray on the back of the bumper and a few of the under trays and the paint would chip extremely easily.

Along with repainting I decided to shave the reflectors to give it a cleaner look without having to buy the Euro bumper. I figured I'd use the plastic from the OEM plate holder since it's the same type of plastic and thinkness and plastic weld it to fill in the holes so that I won't have problems with it cracking later.

Rough cut out

Smoothed it out

Test fitment

I'm hoping to have everything done in the next 2 days.

End result of the shaved reflectors should look something like this:
    Last edited by Nabs; 07-13-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Sweet good work, most places will paint the bumper off the car so overspray on the back is normal.
    Neema

9.75 @ 143.41 MPH

923 hp 735 ft/lbs

In-Car Video Link

Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast