Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Re: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

two turbos !

YES!!! Because an extra 5K to make the same power is worth it! I should just do a E39 M5 engine swap and do a tri-turbo like the new M3 is supposed to have, twin turbos and an electric turbo!

But seriously I would like your guys' opinion on an issue I'm dealing with, with a sponsor on M3Forum (scroll down for cliff notes). So I ordered my diffuser back in January, 19th to be exact, and I was quoted 3-5 weeks until shipment. I was given multiple excuses and expected dates after the 5 weeks was over about how it would ship in 2 weeks, then 3 weeks, than 1 week, etc and how it had been rejected by quality control (QC) for a "slight imperfection", multiple times at that, or how the carbon fiber was on back order. Finally after 20 weeks of waiting my order shipped and I was to be given a credit of $20 back. Well I picked up my diffuser and was pretty impressed until I saw a messed up area in the weave. I contacted the vendor, sent them a picture and told them I was not happy about this considering I had waited so long and how they had given me the QC excuse before when the product I received had an imperfection. Now he is playing games with me saying that he can't see the imperfection and how no matter if they are replicas or OEM they will have inconsistencies, which to a degree is true but in this case is BS. So I sent another photo and circled it and referred to how the group buy thread referred to a previous group buy of theirs and pictures, saying that what was seen in the photos would be the quality we would receive. Now he is asking me to show him the pictures I am referring to that have no inconstancies, yet it's his own thread and he is playing dumb. I was thinking to just say screw you and have a nice day, but after having gone through all this BS I don't want to give up until I am happy with what I promised.

Here is the picture of the weave, and as you can see along with it being bunched it is wavy.

I realize it is a small piece but in my mind it should be perfect or damn near close if I went through all of this and I bought it off a sponsor so I wouldn't have to deal with this crap with an ebay piece which is cheaper and probably better quality!

Anyway, I was thinking of just going to my credit card company and telling them about all this shit and try and get a full refund since the guy is being a jackass. Does that sound reasonable?

P.S. - sorry for the long post, just a bit frustrated with this whole situation

Cliff notes:
    • Ordered diffuser in January, promised 3-5 weeks shipping
    • Diffuser isn't shipped for 20 weeks, given excuses about QC and carbon finer backorder, etc.
    • Receive diffuser and has bunched up and wavy weave
    • Vendor plays dumb/games with me
    • I'm fed up, want to call CC and get my money back
    • Opinions?
    Last edited by Nabs; 06-27-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Added cliff notes
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

If he hadn't blamed qc for a delay prior to your issue I'd say let it go. But in this case I'd flip out and do whatever I could to get my money back

If your dad has a polarizer for one of his canon lenses use that and reduce the glare, or if you're using flashes - diffuse the light with some tissue paper so you don't have a hot spot right where the weave is. If you have access to a Canon macro lens I'd get really close to that weave too ..

If you want I can give you a hand taking some super high res shots.. Plaster that shit EVERYWHERE and it'll help you get your cash back OR help shut him down if he's being a super shitty business owner.

An issue like this to the normal everyday person wouldn't be a huge bother - like a piece of CF thats a little weird on the underside of a hood, sure.. but no doubt you paid more than a similar product for a Civic as it's BMW specific, so I say yeah - go hard on this matter.. That's not a huge deal, but if the guy is being a dick - burn him.

Kevin, all my dad's fancy camera stuff is up here at the camp, but I'm pretty sure he has a polarizer and diffuser... I took those pictures at night when I was installing it using a flood light and an iPhone.

Sadly lots of people know that this place is really shitty yet still order through them and anytime someone posts up something slightly negative they get the mods to delete the post and attempt to ban the person who posted it. I dare you to look up ICONZ Wheels on google and find a positive thread. TBH I didn't pay a crazy amount for this diffuser (<400) as it is just an aesthetic piece, but when someone promises me a certain product or service I expect them to make sure I am satisfied. I may be slightly anal about that stuff but growing up and working with a family business that is completely based on customer service I understand the value of making sure the customer is satisfied.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Talk to the admin/owner of the forum, and voice your concerns..

"- Sponsors will have the following forum abilities: Can edit own posts; Can delete own posts; Can open / close own threads; Can post public events on calendar"

Could be the sponsor deleting threads, not the mods/admins - I'd go to the top and voice your issues - sponsors don't mean anything if they drive people away from the forum.

Due to some very generous people, I'm about to order my suspension a bit earlier than I expected and I thought I'd ask and see if anyone could offer their experience or opinion on spring rates.

Right now I'm looking at either a 500lb front and rear spring setup or a 500F/600R setup. I asked the vendor and they said they didn't think I'll see a huge difference in performance and it would come down to the adjustment of the shocks and suggested a dual adjustable shock setup if I will be mainly tracking. Since the car will see a mix of road and I hope some more tacking in the future, for now I've decided on the single, rebound adjustable setup. I know the 600lb spring in the rear will help with performance but I wanted to see if anyone had any idea or experience with exactly how much it will affect it and how much it will affect the ride comfort?

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Another thing, does anyone know someone who will be able to corner balance the car for a decent rate and does anyone have experience with how much of a difference it makes? (I'm guessing not to many people actually do this)

I think some of the ice racers have corner balancing scales (which hopefully you could borrow and set up your car yourself). I had coilovers on a Subaru Impreza (GC8) here in thunder bay. I set it up with a tape measure, and was happy with the result. I'm sure you'll find the answers to spring rates on e46fanatics rather then here (not too many BMW enthusiasts around here

I am not a fan of e46fanatics (no pun intended), not much useful information for M3's on there and it doesn't seem as though many people are setting up their cars for performance, other than the FI section which is filled with drama. When I had my 323 I frequented Bimmerfest for the most part and now I spend most of my time on M3Forum, plus they have a great FS section for the E46.

I know what height I will be setting the car at, 13.5"F & 13"R (fender to centre of wheel) - 26.35"F & 25.8"R (fender to ground), stock is 27.35"F & 27.05"R, this all equates to a 1"F & 1.25"R drop. From all the reading I did on M3F it seemed like most people looking for the type of setup I am, preferred and were recommended the 500/500 or 500/600 setup by vendors, though it is subjective in terms of ride quality. Anyway I went with the 500/500 just to be on the safe side of comfort plus I can also just stiffen the rear shocks a bit more, and if I really want I can change it later and sell my springs and go with the 600# without having to worry about the corner balance or height (great thing about these coils).

I placed my order last night so hopefully I can go pick it up by the middle of next week as well as my RTABs and limiters, strut tower reinforcement plates, rear subframe reinforcement kit, upgraded diff mounting bolts, paint chip kit and most importantly... PROJECTOR RETROFIT KIT!!!! Sadly my headers will take longer than expected due to a crazy amount of interest in the group buy

I should be back in town on Friday night and I'll be back for a week, we should meet up if you have time, I still would love to see your car
    Last edited by Nabs; 07-02-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Everyone likes parts, right...?

Wanna share?

My Car Log : 08 Subaru 2.5i

I want me one of those jacks! Is it about the lowest profile one you can get? I like you have a link to where you bought it online?

Nice!! Looking forward to seeing them installed.

Daily Driven, Slammed 99' Honda Civic SiR (EM1)
    "You get what you pay for."

Check out my Flickr Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by duvanator View Post
    Wanna share?
    Here's what was in just 3 of the boxes:

Other than that I got a new floor jack, underdrive/power pulleys, fan clutch wrench, rear subframe reinforcement kit, front strut tower and rear spring perch reinforcements, updated OEM RTABS with limiters, updated differential mounting bolts. It's going to be a fun week
    I'll post more pictures later

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiotica View Post
    I want me one of those jacks! Is it about the lowest profile one you can get? I like you have a link to where you bought it online?
    This is the one I got: http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...ump-68049.html

They have one that's slightly lower and longer but a bit more expensive: http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...ump-68050.html

I had to call in to order it because it wouldn't let me sign up with a Canadian billing address

haha, looks similar to my setup

Daily Driven, Slammed 99' Honda Civic SiR (EM1)
    "You get what you pay for."

Check out my Flickr Photostream

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast