Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

Re: Nabs' Alpine White/Imola Red E46 M3

The splitters are sitting in my garage and I got them off eBay, plus I doubt I can return them 7 months later. I'll post up another picture in January.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

So i don't know if anyone remembers but I got that carbon fiber diffuser after 4-5 months of waiting and was pissed that the weave was messed. I contacted the vendor and tried for months to get a refund to no avail, guy is a total ass and imbecile. Also tried getting my money back through VISA, nope. It's not the most noticeable thing but still pisses me off that I didn't receive what I was told I was going to receive, something with no "imperfections". Now I'm stuck with this thing and was thinking to just live with it and put it on or sell it for a slight loss and buy something else and then maybe buy a better one from a proper vendor later on. I'm kind of leaning towards selling it just based on principle of not wanting to run that idiot's piece on my car. What do you guys think?

What it looks like on the car

shitty weave and clear coat

"Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

It's not bad, and I highly doubt anyone would ever notice the imperfections without them being pointed out... But I'd have trouble running a product from a company that fucked me around...

yea but even if you cant see it now unless youre on top of it....the product is just compromised, it wont last as long with cracks and scuffs.

definitely a tough break nabs

If YOU notice it... that would be enough for me to sell it and get a better product... Just my $00.02

PERFECTION!!! and nothing less

Daily Driven, Slammed 99' Honda Civic SiR (EM1)
    "You get what you pay for."

Check out my Flickr Photostream

The stupid thing cracked after 2 hours of driving in town really slowly, avoiding bumps and I didn't hit anything, and that was on stock suspension. I would hate to see what would happen with the coilovers.

I'll probably lose around $100 on it if I sell it...

ya even the carbon fiber weave in the box where we write comments is better than that, still tho, beautiful car non the less

Started work on a new type of project, slightly related to something I had done earlier to the car. Because I don't have to LED in one part of the cluster and due to the mod I had done earlier I know have to hold to traction control button for 5 seconds to turn it off and it causes the traction control light and brake light to turn on. This will allow me to just press it once and a completely different light will turn on and when I turn off traction control it will go back to using just the traction control light when it's off. Doing it so I don't get confused and forget to fully turn of traction control

Pulled apart my instrument cluster

Soldering an LED in place to light up one of these. Can you figure out which one?

Removed one of the existing LEDs that is disabled as I don't have a convertible top to worry about.

That LED is going in place on this end of the board

Soldered the LED in place, now I just have to wait for a 160 ohm resistor to come in so I can solder it in place above the LED and it should be good to go. I ended up doing something stupid and fried that particular LED so I took the one to the left of it and used that, it's for rear fog lights but since I don't have any it's slightly useless. I ordered a few other LEDs to see if I can get a close match to the original LEDs and replace the rear fog one that I removed just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Short video showing how everything lit up beforehand

Last edited by Nabs; 01-13-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcGSR View Post
    Better pics!
    It took a while but I finally got them. Are these good enough?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have a guess as to what these maps are? They are the same map but I've made a key change in them. There is a good chance that by the spring/summer I'll be able to tune the ECU myself without any additional software.

Last edited by Nabs; 07-02-2013 at 07:30 PM.

I have a question related to suspension that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer. So over the last few days I've been in and out of the car working on some things and decided to re-measure my ride height using a more accurate method. It is now lower than before or what I remember, sitting at 13" front and 12.5" rear (fender to centre cap), which is 0.5" lower than recommended for optimal handling (13.5" F, 13.0" R). I'm thinking this is may be one of the reasons that my car was understeering quite a bit at the last autoslalom even when I adjusted the shocks, due to the loss of the extra 0.5" of shock travel. I was hoping to raise it at least 1/4" all around for better handling and comfort but I paid a good amount to get it corner balanced in the fall and I don't really want to mess it up and/or pay to get it done again. My only other option would be to get new stiffer springs but I feel it would make it almost unbearable for the street and it cost more for the springs and alignment than for corner balancing. I'd prefer to spend the money on other more useful things such as maintenance.

If I raise the car the exact same amount on all 4 corners do you think it will severely affect the corner balancing?

Gotta love spring settle
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Either that or I measured incorrectly, or both. I waited over a month before I got it aligned/balanced but I guess the 500# springs take a while to settle.

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

I like maps

That one is pretty basic, just the throttle plate openings (z-axis) for rpm (x-axis) vs pedal position (y-axis), it just took a while to convert all the percentages to hex and then replace the previous values. It should give the car a bit more kick below 4000rpm. As with everything else that I currently have waiting to go in the car, I'm going to wait to drive it around first in its current setting then slowly add on each thing one by one to fully gauge the difference.

From what I've been following, it looks like there are a few people that are almost done completely identifying all the maps in the ECU and once they finish and release the file then I should be able to tune it and/or have it tuned using TunerPro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    which is 0.5" lower than recommended for optimal handling (13.5" F, 13.0" R).
    Where did you get this information and what is considered "optimal handling"? Who decided this measurement to be the best? I'm sorry, but every driver will have a different opinion and there are so many other factors to consider other than just ride height. So, I wouldn't raise the car to those settings for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    If I raise the car the exact same amount on all 4 corners do you think it will severely affect the corner balancing?
    Have you corner balanced the car? In theory, if you raise the car the EXACT same amount on each corner, it should be close to the same. But still, you have different sprint rates front to rear, and therefore the amount of preload will affect front to rear differently. Realistically, corner balancing should be redone every time there's any sort of change to the car. On the other hand, this is not a racecar, so you shouldn't be too concerned about it.

Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast