Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurokracy 2014

Re: Eurokracy 2013

I've driven to
    Toronto/Ottawa straight 16hours four times now and it's not that bad. Just need to have lots of double doubles and a few empty Gatorade bottles for piss disposal. I'll look into logistics and discuss with the wife and I might be able to swing this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Senior Member test

So we should get a list going on this I guess?

For sure going

Forum name / Name / Vehicle
    Code:
    Dorkage                           Andrew        TDI Wagon
    Xchox                             Mike
    Tylor                             Tylor         (with Andrew or Kyle)
    --------                          Kyle          TDI Golf
    Ben                               Ben           Mazdaspeed 6
    CLutched                          Jesse         TDI Wagon, hopefully dragging the whole way.
    Maybe going

Marc
    20specv12

Also, depending if my buddies from Winnipeg are taking their own car down, I might have room in my wagon for one or two more.
    Last edited by dorkage; 02-25-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Antrmo View Post
    sounds pretty awsome... long drive.
    Yup, this is the only thing possibly stopping me. If I can get the time off work, I'm in.

Senior Member test

Re: Eurokracy 2014

The drive last year was quite entertaining with Tylor.

Warning, shitty audio quality ahead.

I'm going to see if I can find a rally we can join up with in Toronto Thursday night / Friday morning. I asked my buddies in Winnipeg to see if they can find any other people who want to come to eurokracy for a super epic rally.
    Last edited by dorkage; 02-25-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Senior Member test

Here is the trailer for 2014. Kind of poor. I am only posting because I am in it at 2:51.

I'm on the leftish. With the black with pink shirt on.
    Last edited by dorkage; 03-03-2014 at 09:09 PM.

So much VAG...
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Senior Member test

There were a lot of Hondas and Mazdas. like

I'll either be there in either:

A) 2001 VW Jetta VR6

or

B) 2010 Bombardier Q400 Porter Spec

Most likely B!

1983 Skoda 120 LS
    1986 Skoda 120 GLS
    2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
    2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sport-Combi

Senior Member test

I should have room in my car for a extra. It doesn't have the Wookie rape of a VR6, but is just a fun to drive. I'd take my VR6 if you know, just thinking about pushing the throttle gets less than 20MPG. PM me your number and we can figure something out.

Senior Member test

So the current plan I see is like this (cross posted from a few different forums)

Wednesday June 25th
    Day or evening, depending on what they can manage, the Winnipegers leave for Thunder Bay. Don't be like Kyle and Tylor and leave at like 9pm... Try to get here around 9pm or earlier. I should have a couch or two for people to crash on, provided you aren't sketchy.

Thursday June 26th
    We all meet up, with the guys from Thunder Bay and the ones that came in from Winnipeg.

We leave fairly early, likely around 6am or so (still to be determined). We'll make the 700KM drive to Sault Saint Marie and get there likely around 1PMish. Harveys is my choice because we don't have a Harveys in Thunder Bay. After food and gassing up we should be ready to leave around 2PM. Perhaps people from the Sault might join up with our cruise.

After leaving Sault Saint Marie we'll have another roughly 700KM drive to Toronto. After stopping for a quite bite and fuel along the way we should be arriving in the GTA around 8~9PM.

Basically I'm trying to find a rally to travel the last leg with. I believe Scraped Crusaders are leaving Toronto on Friday morning. I just need to look into that a bit more. Once solid details are figured out, I will post it here.

Friday, June 27th
    We all leave with which ever Rally we decide to join for the final 500ish KM leg. Should be a nice easy day of driving with minimal stops. Arrive in Montreal and stock up on $26 cases of beer. Did I mention that beer is really cheap there?. Party up at the hotel, party up and the pre party and have a blast.

Here is the info for the official hotel:
    http://www.eurokracy.com/information/hotel/
    It's a very nice hotel. Restaurant within amazing, and doesn't break the bank. Huge parking lot with sectioned off parking.

Saturday, June 28th
    Eurokracy. The show I've been waiting for since last June. I can't explain how much fun this show was. They have a dyno, they have drag races, they have a huge burnout competition, they have a car limbo. It's insanely great.

Post party happens Saturday night.

Sunday, June 29th
    Last year we left on Saturday morning and stopped in Sault Saint Marie. We went through Ottawa and North Bay. I think for guys who wanted to head back to Winnipeg with out stopping in Thunder Bay this plan will work well.

I personally would love to stay in Montreal until Monday morning, but my Winnipeg copilots probably wouldn't like that.

Monday, June 30th
    Provided we are in Sault Saint Marie, head on back to Thunder Bay or Winnipeg at your leisure.

Tuesday, July 1st
    Canada Day, you have this day off, right?

Hope to see some guys from Winnipeg and Thunder Bay make this trip.
    -Andrew
    Last edited by dorkage; 03-07-2014 at 05:17 PM.

i actually plan on going out this year to it. Gonna talk my buddy into going with his E46

Senior Member test

Sweet. We are going to meet up with the guys from Scraped Crusaders in Pickering on Friday morning for sure, already contacted the guys about it. There was a guy from TDI Club that was going to see if his group wanted to meet up at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12