Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 20Specv12's 2012 Nissan SER Spec V

Re: 20Specv12's 2012 Nissan SER Spec V

Quote Originally Posted by Mx5 View Post
    Awesome! How did the new wheels feel on the jade ct course along with the power upgrade?
    I haven't really driven the car much before last Sunday and I need to get used to how it handles now. I found that the car was a little jumpy.Plus I had to remove the rear sway bar because it broke so that made the car a little looser as well.
    I need to get used to the car fast because I don't like getting beaten by Joe lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

I think I really dig the overall plan with your car. Very balanced. Reliable, nimble, as quick as you need it to be - it's coming along really well.. Very well thought out. That's what I'm struggling with figuring out with my car - I feel like I need to focus on handling and finish the aesthetics, but I'm not happy with the power... Even if it is a... tiny bit more than stock now. Never ending, right?

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    I think I really dig the overall plan with your car. Very balanced. Reliable, nimble, as quick as you need it to be - it's coming along really well.. Very well thought out. That's what I'm struggling with figuring out with my car - I feel like I need to focus on handling and finish the aesthetics, but I'm not happy with the power... Even if it is a... tiny bit more than stock now. Never ending, right?
    Thanks Kevin. I also struggled with the overall approach on this car initially. Plus not having minimal aftermarket support really doesn't help either.

Yours has a stock turbo doesn't it? Any plans on upgrading it to make more power?

I've thought about just trading in the car and getting something better, faster, more parts available but I just couldn't pull the trigger. It has too much sentimental value because it opened up this world to me and I met a lot of good people because of it.

I want this car to last until I can pass it to the kids when they get into motorsports as well (hopefully).

Oh and during last autox Shawn mentioned to me that the car had slight pinging. Gotta love our gas up here. I just put some Lucas Oil Octane Booster for now until I can go to Rydens and get some 93 from there.

What gas did you have in it for the tune? 91 from Toronto I'm guessing? That bottle of octane booster should bring you up to 91.5 lol

When I was last there they didn't have any 93 only 91 with no corn. I hope I'm wrong.
    FYI Most octane boost products that say they boost up to 5 points actually only raise it 91 to 91.5 for example.
    Try Torco, Race Gas, Toulene mix but be careful with this! Your to pretty to poison yourself...LOL
    Marc beat me to it with the octane info.
    Last edited by tallone; 06-09-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcGSR View Post
    What gas did you have in it for the tune? 91 from Toronto I'm guessing? That bottle of octane booster should bring you up to 91.5 lol
    Yeah I was going to take a jerry can of our local 91 down there but I didn't have enough room in the car with all the stuff I had to haul. I drove the car to work today and listened really carefully and no more pinging. Hope that extra 0.5 octane did the trick lol!

Quote Originally Posted by tallone View Post
    When I was last there they didn't have any 93 only 91 with no corn. I hope I'm wrong.
    I was at Rydens a month ago and they have them there now. I had to do a double look as I thought there's no way they have 93. But yup they do now lol.

Just called... 91 is the top octane... _hit.

Quote Originally Posted by tallone View Post
    Just called... 91 is the top octane... _hit.
    Oh well then I'm fucked lol

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021