Thread: Project:My Fair Lady

Re: Project:My Fair Lady

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Just got my set of Super Advan SA3R wheels in today! 18x8.5 +35 Front.....18x9.5+38 Rear...I know they are a love or hate style of wheel,but ive always been a fan. They'll will make for a much better street/AutoX wheel (compared to the Vossens). They are little scuffed/scratched..but not too bad for wheel discontinued a good while ago. Not sure if iam going to Powder Coat them yet (Black with a flake or a gold/bronze) or just run them as is. Also got a small box of little things for the Z, come spring time... Cant wait!

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Where are you going to get them powder coated? I'm thinking my paint job on the TL wheels may not hold up to repeated summer abuse and I may as well get them powder coated as well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

i only know of two places in town...Pelletier's, I heard rumors that they may not be doing automotive wheels tho,have yet to look into that... and Hupe manufacturing which i got a email back,charges 100$ per wheel.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

I think it's going to look fucking bad ass on your car. It's just slightly off putting with 3 spokes.

Just paint them! no reason to powder coat a wheel that old... $15 for all 4 wheels and you can change the colour any time. Why not?!?

JDM points +15
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Finally a free day off, got to tinker on the Z. knocked off some of my small things in the Winter Parts pile.

Started off with a fresh oil change, got to throw in my Z1 Magnetic drain plug.

While the splash guard was half off, took off to front, to take off the headlights.

Got a Z1 Motorsports Brake Master Cylinder Brace,to prevent any flex when using the brakes.Read a bunch of reviews, seems to be legit,it was a cheap black-friday deal.i know it wont be a huge difference.

Old clutch brace removed

New brace installed,amazing fitment,easy install.

Tossed in some new LEDs, had a couple burnt out oem bulbs. (Yes iam going to get my New sticker soon)

New Shift Knob

Hood struts put in (old pic,trimmed some of the cover for better fit),makes working on the engine way easier! prop rod thrown in the back.

Dreading a little bit, but started on getting my re-retro fitted light back together!

-Left of the pile: figure out what to do with the Super Advan wheels and get those on,Got a pair of rear Nismo over fenders to paint and install, got word that the rear louver is made and will ship soon and the rear wiper delete, finish up these damn headlights,hahah

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Are those LED bulbs for the licence plate actually blue? If so, watch for cops. Can give you a nice little ticket lol Stupid, I know.

That shifter knob though....sexy af. How is driveability with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubaru View Post
    Are those LED bulbs for the licence plate actually blue? If so, watch for cops. Can give you a nice little ticket lol Stupid, I know.

That shifter knob though....sexy af. How is driveability with it?
    Yeah they are blue...for now... i have a pair of White LEDs too,can switch out if getting too much attention from the heat.... the new shift knob feels great,granted doesnt weigh as much as my prev one.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Nice mods Kelly, the hood struts and mc brace are functional and tasteful. I dig! Can't wait to see the super advans go on.

Update:Got my Super Advan v3's powder coated at Hupe Manufacturing, he did a awesome job! only thing is the color when it was baked, turned more brown than gold, than i'd like...so went to AutoHome paints and gottem to make me a can of clear coat with a slight metallic gold in it... worked amazingly, gives it a neat bronze/gold look to it! the car feels soo much nicer with light weight wheels! Got the Nitto 555's from my stock wheels switched over,little bit of a stretch,but they are free,haha worry about proper fitting/wider tires when these are gone. Installed the rear louver...and painted my door handles Black. Retrofitted headlights are now boxed up for a rainy day.picked up a set of '06+ style 350Z blacked out Depo lights, really diggin them,they may not be AS cool as the retrofits, but they are FAR less stress/work, haha...Next on the list, i gonna get some wheel spacers, the Advans are a lil sucken in for my liking and i gotta get started on my Nismo rear over fenders.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Wow looks so good! Those wheels just makes that car look so mint!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Looks awesome kelly!!

Looking good Kelly!
    97 LS 240SX LS376/525hp
    97 Supra 863whp 756wtq - 10.22 @ 142.9mph
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac 600awhp 571awtq (track car)
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus V8 supercharged 400hp? TBA

Its been amazing finally owning my own garage to work in over the winter! finally got around to changing out the spark plugs, no idea when they were done last, but for the first time changing spark plugs was a pretty smooth process, couple of tight spaces,all went well! The shitty paint job i did on my intake manifold was starting to flake off last summer, so I took it off to properly repaint it, the rest of the paint wasnt coming off so easy, so.... fuck it..haha, sent it over to Hupe Manufacturing to get it powder coated black, than put a sparkle clear coat over top. Love it turned out, nothing too flashy, but enough to jazz things up a but. Dropped off the super advan wheel nuts to get re-anodized gold and Dale said he could make me a custom Hex tool to properly puttem on too (Stupid Advan tool is super rare to find and ppl want 200+$ US for it). Hopefully before Spring i can pick up some new tires for AutoX and want to get adjustable camber/toe kits for the front and rear to get my alignment back into proper spec, depending on funds, want to pick up stiffer front & rear sway bars/end links too. but we'll see how things go!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Snidd; 02-12-2017 at 03:09 PM.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast