Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Automatic Subscriptions & Jump to Page

Automatic Subscriptions & Jump to Page

Hey Marc, were you ever able to figure out the issue where you autmotically get subscribed to a thread after making a certain amount of posts in a thread? I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but it can get annoying sometimes with getting notifications that someone posted in a subscribed thread.
    Last edited by Nabs; 02-02-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Re: Automatic Subscriptions

Turn off your notifications

The Frozen North
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

That seems pretty obvious but I'm pretty sure notifications are the whole point of subscriptions...
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Yea, it was a known issue when they implemented the double post prevention feature. I've done a few updates since then.

Unsubscribe from the threads you don't want and let me know if it's still happening.

It happened again this morning. It seems to happen after posting multiple times in the same thread within a certain time period.

Yes, posting directly after yourself is exactly what causes it. I'll look into this.

That makes sense, I just thought I hadn't double posted this morning but when I looked back I did. Thanks Marc, I appreciate your help and the fact that you put up this site in the first place and maintain it!

Someone's gotta do it now I just need to find the time to do the front page upgrade on the live site.

I hate to be a bother but there was one other slight issue that I thought I would bring up. When I try to use the "jump to page" feature it doesn't work properly unless the number of posts per page is set to 30. I've always just been using the forum default and tried to see if that was the issue but it still didn't work properly on any other setting other than 30.

Re: Automatic Subscriptions & Jump to Page

Good eye! Setting the number of posts per page to 30 still results in the same problem. I'm currently looking into it.

Regarding the automatic subscription issue - I have disabled the double post prevention feature. Go into your thread subscriptions (http://tbmotoring.com/subscription.php) and delete any threads you don't want to be subscribed to and make sure the ones you do have their notification set to what you prefer (i.e. control panel only, instant, daily or weekly).

Quote Originally Posted by MarcGSR View Post
    I have disabled the double post prevention feature.
    Can we possibly turn this back on...?

I can turn it back on if you prefer and don't mind the minor automatic subscriptions issue. There is still no fix, it's a known software bug - essentially, activating the double post prevention and merging your posts automatically subscribes you to that tread.

Now that we don't have it I kind of miss it.

Could we turn this feature back on please? It helps with the clutter and finding all the info in one post instead of 5
    Last edited by Nabs; 04-29-2014 at 09:20 PM.

I'm going to update a few things when I have some free time, if it doesn't fix these issues then I'll just turn them back on anyway.