Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dyno?

Re: Dyno?

Is it only available on weekends? Is he able to log things like fuel pressure or boost?
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

I thought no one could dyno tune your car nabs?
    Why don't you get the guy that tuned that red one to tune yours?
    The Frozen North
    Last edited by MiniD1CK5; 05-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

I'm having some issues and was hoping to try and trouble shoot on the dyno. Anyone can tune the red one since it's running on an AEM piggyback, my car is running off the stock ECU and has proprietary software.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

As far as i know he can do it anytime you want. just need to work out a time with him. Im not sure about the rest. my guess is if its a newer car then it shouldn't be a problem

doesn't look like im getting to the dyno before races in gimli next weekend. it will have to wait a couple more weeks.

Senior Member test

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    I'm having some issues and was hoping to try and trouble shoot on the dyno. Anyone can tune the red one since it's running on an AEM piggyback, my car is running off the stock ECU and has proprietary software.
    What ECU does your car have? I have a bunch of cables for tuning Bosch ECUs.

Found this, I have the cables listed in this guide. As long as your tuner didn't lock the ECU mapping locations then you should be able to read it and edit it.
    http://www.mss54.info/scripts/DME%20...o%20v0.0.3.pdf
    Last edited by dorkage; 05-09-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

I have the MSS54. I have the cables as well and did some slight modifications before the turbo kit but the tuner locked the ECU and I don't even have a proper xdf file to identify what map is what even if I wanted to. I still have a few saved readouts of the ECU from last year.

Senior Member test

Ahh yeah, kind of shit out of luck without the memory layout file.

Look to see if anyone has a turbo tune posted anywhere and just start over?
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Dyno?

I have a memory layout file but it's not for the version of the software I have on my ecu. I could (and did) use the corresponding readout for the xdf that I have and find the bits I wanted on that file and search for them on my version, but it's a bit time consuming.

As far as I know other than the tuner for this kit there was one other person who was able to tune the stock ecu to run a turbo and it was a one off. BMW tuners seem to be very protective of their work and do their best to lock their software so that even customers can't learn how to tinker with the maps. Even now with a massive rise in people who are decoding these BMW ecu's, the community, for the most part, won't share readouts from ecu's that have a companies software, for ethical reasons.
    Last edited by Nabs; 05-10-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12